• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Change the polish/motivation rewards

DeletedUser

Proposal: Hi, I would propose to change the polish/motivation awards

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea
yes, it was such an idea a month ago,but its missing nowadays

Reason:
1.Advancing further in ages, the 20 gold is very small award to those who click on the polish/motivate button.
2.Making the diamond buildings a little bit more advanced, so the people will have one more reason to build them.
3.Owner of the kingdom cannot easily announce what should be motivated/polished. Most often should change the city name in order to this announcements.

Details:
1. Motivating non-premium gold buildings - on doing so you get 25% of the gold income of this building (you motivate apartment house you get 132 coins)
2. Motivating premium gold buildings - on doing so you get 33% of the gold income of that building
3. Motivating non-premium production building - on doing so you get 25% of the hour production in gold (lets say you motivate a brewery - you get 100 coins)
4. Motivating premium production buildings - on doing so you get 33% of the hour production in gold
5. Polishing non-premium culture buildings - on doing so you get 12% of the culture boost in coins (motivating a Library will give you 113 gold)
6. Polishing premium culture buildings - on doing so you get 25% of the culture boost in coins (motivating palace gives you 375 gold!!!)
7. Polishing non-premium decorations - 20 gold
8. Polishing premium decorations - 50 gold
9. Cleaning the pathways - gives 20 happiness to the owner of the village/ 20 gold rewarded to the visitor who has cleaned the pathways
10. Making a small changes in the action buttons on the left hand side, when visiting a friend. Maybe there the owner of the village could put a text to be displayed, as for example " Please Motivate My Apartment houses" or "Please Polish my Library", maybe even you can order your requirements.
I think that this will keep up the will of players to constantly visit their allies and motivate or polish them
Visual Aids:
NONE

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
Balance. This will not change dramatically the incomes in the ages up to the iron age, as the biggest income would be 25 gold. And you have the fixed gold income from decorations, paths. Starting from EMA though there will be a sharp increase in the income, in parallel with the increase in your daily income. In LMA on polishing/motivating 80 alliance members you would gain up to 10 000 gold in a day. In comparison to 1600 what is now a days it is an increase of 6-7 times. I do not think it will change the balance in game, as this is practically an hour income, similar to the income one gains in earlier ages. Still the people will be more motivated to visit their neighbors, making the active guild more attractive, and keeping the regular interactions between players even in the late stages of the development.
No possibility to Abuse this feature, unless some bug exists like motivating infinite times a neighbor....

Best regards,
Dimitar

DeletedUser2029

since you're ripping off my idea (not that I mind) it's hard to say no, although, the way you put it, it's definitely an abuse (make me richer kind).
the point of my idea was to give rewards based on type of motivation/polishing (happiness for polishing, supplies for motivating production,...), with your idea, you're bringing in too much coins in the gameplay.
also, the weak point of my idea was polishing cultural buildings and you haven't solved that issue either.

IMHO, cultural buildings are the weakest spot of this game, they're making it too easy to have 120% production and until that problem is solved, all these ideas will be considered abuse.

DeletedUser

In my opinion, polishing and motivating buildings should increase a bit, and it should depend from what Age is the building to make it fair for all players. Your prices are too high and it would unbalance the features. The change is needed, but not this much!

DeletedUser

My idea is that this game should become more social. I think this will improve greatly in this direction the game play. Because people using diamonds will be more valuable for the alliance, so they will become some kind of a central figure in the alliance. Nowadays buying a building with diamonds is more or less waste of money. At least I see it like this, Second, it is impossible, or almost impossible to stimulate young king and queens on the server, having this option, the new players, in my region as well as the new players of my guild will be able to advance faster. We need a uniform mass of players, its not fun for me to attack players in the Iron age, and certainly it is not fun for me not to have active citizens around... So my point I think has 2 very important advantages, Keeps the old players in game and still social, gives the young players motivation and power to catch up faster with the old team mates, or/and country mates. And one more not so important but still, an advantage, people buying diamonds, get some social status boost, become key persons in an alliances, regions, and so key persons in the world of forge of empires. I think they deserve it. After all they are the people that let this game remain free.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1.Advancing further in ages, the 20 gold is very small award to those who click on the polish/motivate button.
I think, like the Townhall, the devs have not gotten to changing these numbers yet, because they're already a working feature. Balancing might come later.
However, the increases you suggest make the game grossly unbalanced in my opinion..

2.Making the diamond buildings a little bit more advanced, so the people will have one more reason to build them.
A blunt no. This will only increase the wrong idea people already have that you need diamond buildings to progress. Also, anyone who does spend money on this game will have too much of an advantage over regular players, in addition to the major advantage they already get.

3.Owner of the kingdom cannot easily announce what should be motivated/polished. Most often should change the city name in order to this announcements.
It can be easily announced what you want if you put it in your profile text. That players need to take the 'trouble' to hover their mouse 1 second over someone's name to see what's requested, is another thing.

Balance. This will not change dramatically the incomes in the ages ... In LMA on polishing/motivating 80 alliance members you would gain up to 10 000 gold in a day. In comparison to 1600 what is now a days it is an increase of 6-7 times. I do not think it will change the balance in game, as this is practically an hour income, similar to the income one gains in earlier ages.
I disagree. The changes you've suggested make a person increasingly richer depending on what is Supported. It would also mean that you need less happiness buildings in your own town if all you have to do is polish the happiness buildings in other towns. Giving you more space in your town and throwing off balance of required happiness VS population and strategic use of space in your town.

You seem to assume that everyone always clicks on their hourly income of ~10,000coins (which I don't even have, though I'm in the LMA). Some players don't have time to play much or only log in once a day and don't have time to visit 80 players. The 10,000 coins increase would be a huge significant loss to them, simply because they don't have time for it. That's not right.

Also, it would reward players in guilds or big guilds too much. Some players like to be without a guild as an extra challenge or whatever reason, and apart from that, players already in a guild might just switch guilds to be in a bigger guild for the Support benefits. Making it impossible for small or new guilds to survive long.

Don't get me wrong, a bit of an increase over the Ages would be nice! But they way you've suggested it, is just grossly unbalanced..

- L

DeletedUser

Giving this bonus to the diamond player increase the non-diamond player income. The diamond player is only more valuable to those in his guild and to his region. You polish his EGO. Very important thing is this one's ego! Second the balance between newbies and old gamer is very bad nowadays. In order to catch up the newbie basically needs gold - this is for buying research points. Motivating/polishing will give him the so needed gold to catch up a little. It is called a positive feedback. Having a strong player in your region/alliance, would make you gain more money, thus developing faster, on the other hand the strong player will have a better armies to fight against in his realm, thus keeping the interest in him. Both players are happy. As it is nowadays, the new players come, they see a point they could never catch up and simply give up. The old players see empty spaces around, small activity, and at a point they give up, only a few crazy guys stay in the game for 3 months and give their opinion, because they feel LIKE a beta testers... and they feel they can propose something to improve the gameplay. Now please let me know on wich world do you play. I am really curious to see your development.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wow, wall of text. I'll try to reply.

Giving this bonus to the diamond player increase the non-diamond player income. The diamond player is only more valuable to those in his guild and to his region. You polish his EGO. Very important thing is this one's ego!
Why is it important to polish a diamond player's ego? Are they somehow better than the other players?
Secondly, not every guild/neighbourhood has someone who uses diamonds in it. This would put them behind other players, simply because they didn't buy diamonds? Ridiculous.

Second the balance between newbies and old gamer is very bad nowadays. In order to catch up the newbie basically needs gold - this is for buying research points. Motivating/polishing will give him the so needed gold to catch up a little. It is called a positive feedback. ... As it is nowadays, the new players come, they see a point they could never catch up and simply give up.
This is going from the wrong assumption that it's the goal of the game to be #1 or that catching up to high ranked players is a necessity. It's not.
If you start the game today, you can enjoy it over the same period of time as someone who started when the game launched. You won't be reaching end content anytime soon, but you'll be enjoying the content you're corrently in which is 'new' to them.

Also, new players are put in new neighbourhoods or relatively new neighbourhoods.

Having a strong player in your region/alliance, would make you gain more money, thus developing faster, on the other hand the strong player will have a better armies to fight against in his realm, thus keeping the interest in him. Both players are happy.
Let me just quote Blacksmith:
Blacksmith said:
Make It Easy

Dont put up ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.

The old players see empty spaces around, small activity, and at a point they give up, only a few crazy guys stay in the game for 3 months and give their opinion, because they feel LIKE a beta testers... and they feel they can propose something to improve the gameplay.
Not every old player sees low activity, every week neighbourhoods get merged. Plus it's still a beta and more features are always coming.
Anyone can always give feedback and propose ideas.

Now please let me know on wich world do you play. I am really curious to see your development.
I'm on East-Nagach, same name as on the Forums. Played since August. Gotten 20 bucks worth of Diamonds twice.

- L

DeletedUser

ok I just checked your profile, and I am not surprised from the things you speak at all. You could check me on en3 server too. I have accounts on en1 and en2 to check different ways of development with different activity. Anyway the diamond players are those who keep the game free for the others. I am surprised on how little people in the game respect this. A lot of the people call the cheaters or whatever, It is neither fair, nor true, I also play without buying diamonds but I know that the people who make this game need money to survive, so it is important someone to pay them, and since its not me nor you, I guess you might get it who pays their salaries, not to mention, the money needed for advertisements, for hiring servers and high speed connections. So the diamond people ARE IMPORTANT this game to remain free. I think that when they are important also for you, you would understand also that they ARE important. So they will have better chances to stay in game generating more money thus the things in the game would develop faster.
I am not putting ideas which would make me more rich. I am wealthy enough in this game. I am putting ideas that will make the game interesting for more people and instead of having 300 active players on the server you would have 3000 at least. I've been speaking with a lot of people in the game, to understand their demands, and most often their reasons to abandon the game.
By the way, if you do not mind I would give you a small advice, you could buy and use all the possible extensions from researches, conquering territories and your medals... this will increase your income really fast, and you will not have problems with the lack of 120% boost. Just an idea.
Last comment please read my ideas more carefully and try to think on each point...
Best regards,
Dimitar

DeletedUser

Well, as it is stated by mods before.
Diamond users do not receive or deserve better treatment than other players. The advantages they get in the game by purchasing diamonds is their own choice, and if Innogames thinks that the budget for this game is too low, they'd not keep this game FTP or continue development.
Ofcourse they want you to buy diamonds! But that doesn't mean that anyone who does is better.

Thanks for the advice and I'm doing just that, but meanwhile also trying to get some LMA researches to cover my planned city set-up. ;)

- L

DeletedUser

I like the ideas
1-- 20 gold * XX where XX is multipication factor based on age/era you are in. probably 30 in middle age and 40 in PE
2-- town hall also similarly goes up to 5000 gold in PE in steps of 500-1000-2000-5000

DeletedUser15432

I believe I actually suggested something similar to this about 6 months ago and it is not a good idea as it would make the game earier to play and so will be rejected