• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

champions retreat

DeletedUser

well i just wasted 300 easter eggs on a champions retreat! it only lets you build 1 champion unless you spend 50 diamonds on a second slot,and that`s it 2 champions max.what a joke!

DeletedUser7719

I actually would be fine with this if it could produce maybe... a champion in half an hour :p

DeletedUser15432

I was lucky and got one in a silver chest - 150 eggs instead of 300

DeletedUser7719

lol, I wouldn't call that lucky if you're aiming for the shrine (unless you want 2 Retreats)

DeletedUser

Should have checked this post faster, built champions retreat 5 min ago, feel dissapointed to be honest. I hope that they will have some use or else i just feel like wasted 300 eggs and 3x3 space in my town...

DeletedUser96867

To make them even worse the building doesn't age up. So unless you want to use a reno-kit, after each age advancement the champion falls further and further behind. I'm really disappointed the rogue-hideout can only be won by chance in this event, now that we've seen how powerful a alcatraz/hideout combo is to take part in gvg you would have thought they'd want to give players a better opportunity to gain a hideout. I suspect i'll spent all my eggs on the 300 chest in hopes of getting one but with my luck.....

DeletedUser8813

it is a bit of a disappointment that a 3x3 only gives 1 unit..2 if you open the second with diamonds..then it takes forever to produce 1 unit.and then it does not age up on each new age...even it special ability is not that special..:(

DeletedUser1081

it is a bit of a disappointment that a 3x3 only gives 1 unit..2 if you open the second with diamonds..then it takes forever to produce 1 unit.and then it does not age up on each new age...even it special ability is not that special..:(

I'm not actually sure the "special ability" is working as advertised. How can we tell?

DeletedUser8813

I'm not actually sure the "special ability" is working as advertised. How can we tell?

well i guess we cant tell as it only works in defense of the city...so unless you watch the battles ..even then you wouldn't know...hmmmmm

DeletedUser1081

well i guess we cant tell as it only works in defense of the city...so unless you watch the battles ..even then you wouldn't know...hmmmmm

?! Where does it say it only works in defense? Either I missed that part or ... or it works when the unit's in an attacking army too. If it works at all, which we can't tell, because how would we know? The other units' stats don't change in mid-battle. Maybe if we refresh and resume combat?? I wish someone would ask the devs and let us know.

DeletedUser100488

?! Where does it say it only works in defense? Either I missed that part or ... or it works when the unit's in an attacking army too. If it works at all, which we can't tell, because how would we know? The other units' stats don't change in mid-battle. Maybe if we refresh and resume combat?? I wish someone would ask the devs and let us know.

Other units stats do go up by 2 pts when champ dies.Both att and def.Champ was in defense.I'll try it on att,and see what happens.

DeletedUser1081

Other units stats do go up by 2 pts when champ dies.Both att and def.Champ was in defense.I'll try it on att,and see what happens.

Thanks for checking it out and reporting back. What era of champion are you using?
A whopping two points, really?! I'll be darned, as Eisenhower used to say :cool:

DeletedUser

champions retreat is pathetic! 300 eggs completely wasted!

no point in using a champion in attacking someone because the whole point of it is to die straight away to give your other troops a bonus. which you can only do once every 24 hours.
the only benefit of a champion is to have it defending your city, where troops dont actually die when they die on the battlefield. Therefore you are better of just getting an unattached champion for 35 eggs because you dont use up a 3x3 space and dont waste a further 265 eggs on something that is basically a knight with a fancy jacket.

Absolute con! so far i have got a beach bar, palm tree just to give my medieval city that magnum P.I feel...
erm no thank you. deleted. once i produce a knight and put in to defend city. the champions retreat can be deleted also.
All the prizes are naff! i have come to realise you are better off buying the 25 egg package. 2000 coins and supplies, 40 medals, 2 forge points. simple as!

DeletedUser4879

Champions give an extra 4 points to the remaining troops when killed!
I checked this out and this is at Modern Age and he uses a armoured car..:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

Champions give an extra 4 points to the remaining troops when killed!
I checked this out and this is at Modern Age and he uses a armoured car..:cool:

So different age champions give different boosts.
ME champions add 4. Am I impressed :cool:

DeletedUser914

My enemy attacked me with 8 battle tanks, normally have 8 battle tanks as defence and he kills 2 on automode. With 7 battle tanks and 1 retreat battle changed a bit: it looked like the autosystem was afraid to kill that champion. As a result, I could not believe my eyes, a long battle followed: 3 of his where killed and all other 5 damaged. Think he did not like because no attacks from in 4 days and that did not happen in months

DeletedUser5180

it would be helpful to know eggsactly how this retreat works and how we can tell also. i've built 2 so far and would consider more, purely because i (and many other players also) dissed the rogue hideout this time last year so don't want to make the same mistake again

DeletedUser7719

I remember I hated the rogue because of its 1-day training and healing time, so I bought 8 unattached. I thought it was pretty useful before I got it though

Surge

Brigadier-General
I personally didn't even bother getting anything except enough observatory blueprints to build the thing myself (and it's now level five!) and then bomb the last of my eggs on golden boxes. It's got really nice rewards except the 5 hiding packages, but even then those 30 hiding actions did help Greva catch a bweak. (Sorry, had to do that.)

Nothing else seems to be worth it. Cornucopia at ME on my position produces essentially nothing. 12k coins and supplies? I have millions. Two forge points are too few. My neighborhood have 90% up and down boost bullies, so watchfires won't be necessary. I don't need a reno kit right now since everything I have is PE, and a single upgrade by 200 supplies per hour is worthless. I don't need an extra new unit that does very little, so both the Champion and the retreat are a waste of eggs. I already have a log house and it's always plundered before I get back from work. I got two wishing wells in my inventory from last easter, and I don't find them THAT useful. The Bronze Chest has useless junk and the Silver Chest doesn't have what I need.

So only the Golden Box has nice goodies, and I already have my observatory. And it's also got the Shrine of Knowledge, albeit at a 10% chance. I hope I get it... 30% chance of getting the "Special 1d Houses" (King and Queen) is great, but the chances are marred generally by that renovation kit and the rogue hideout I already got from my 2nd box. My first box gave me 5 hiding action packages, so that was a big shame.

Last edited: