• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Carnival Event 2019!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser114342

If you spend enough florins you'll get into a better league. So the prize is guaranteed to those that spend great amounts of florins because of the league rewards.

Only if you are lucky to get at least 7 if you want level 2, or 2 if you want level 1 of the special prizes. If not, it doesn’t matter what league you get in you still won’t get the full set. Yes this is a high chance you will get at least level 1, but it’s not guaranteed.

DeletedUser113901

Only if you are lucky to get at least 7 if you want level 2, or 2 if you want level 1 of the special prizes. If not, it doesn’t matter what league you get in you still won’t get the full set. Yes this is a high chance you will get at least level 1, but it’s not guaranteed.
3 from the questline more 2 from the league reward are 5 if my mathematics teachers back then weren't all unbrained.

DeletedUser114342

3 from the questline more 2 from the league reward are 5 if my mathematics teachers back then weren't all unbrained.

I only see 2 from quest line and only if you get silver or gold will you get 2 from league.

Boorg

Captain
Agreed this years Carnival Event is more difficult than the two previous Carnival Events but in my opinion the major difference is the Chests which change every time a Chest is opened instead of Chests changing every 24 hours. This does have its negative and positive aspects but it does not mean that it can’t be accomplished. Edit : 12 hours

Probably some are forgetting that this is a strategy game and this years’ Carnival Event requires more strategy, good planning, patience, and maybe a little luck will also help but one must never put all the eggs in one basket and totally depend on luck because luck only comes when it wants to come.

In my opinion if one wants to have a full upgraded set one must stick to a set procedure.

1. Have several thousands of Florins the more the better because it is not wise to open Chests with low amounts of Florins.

2. Wait for the set piece or upgrade required.

3. Only play and open Chests for the set piece or upgrade required without taking into consideration the other prizes in the Chests, doing both will minimise the chance of getting the Special Prize.

4. Win only one piece of the set pieces or upgrades because trying to get more than one will require many more Florins therefore stop opening Chests when one has won the set piece or upgrade required and wait for the next set piece or upgrade to appear.

5. Open only the Chest with the best probability to give the Special Prize. Here one needs to be very careful as some Chests may seem to have a good probability but in reality it would result to be the opposite, therefore one must have a set plan of each Chests’ probability otherwise it will be like shooting in the dark and just gambling hoping to get lucky. Remember that the Chest one opens is the binding factor to win the Special Prize.

Good luck to everybody. :) :) :)

Last edited:

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Lets solve 'mistery' how much you get from event for free, you get mask vendor on start (that is 1), you get one kit if you solve all quests (that is 2), if you solve all quests and spend fluorins you will finish in silver league minimum (that is 2 more) so you get from event 4 without chests, just if you solved all quests and spent fluorins, that means you need to get only 1 piece more with about 30.000 fluorins, that is way more than possible, i think you have bigger chances to get hit by a bus than to NOT GET one piece with about 30.000 fluorins what is about 150 chests (if you ofc chase just set items) if you chase other rewards also then problem is in you and not in event.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Agreed this years Carnival Event is more difficult than the two previous Carnival Events but in my opinion the major difference is the Chests which change every time a Chest is opened instead of Chests changing every 24 hours. This does have its negative and positive aspects but it does not mean that it can’t be accomplished.

Probably some are forgetting that this is a strategy game and this years’ Carnival Event requires more strategy, good planning, patience, and maybe a little luck will also help but one must never put all the eggs in one basket and totally depend on luck because luck only comes when it wants to come.

In my opinion if one wants to have a full upgraded set one must stick to a set procedure.

1. Have several thousands of Florins the more the better because it is not wise to open Chests with low amounts of Florins.

2. Wait for the set piece or upgrade required.

3. Only play and open Chests for the set piece or upgrade required without taking into consideration the other prizes in the Chests, doing both will minimise the chance of getting the Special Prize.

4. Win only one piece of the set pieces or upgrades because trying to get more than one will require many more Florins therefore stop opening Chests when one has won the set piece or upgrade required and wait for the next set piece or upgrade to appear.

5. Open only the Chest with the best probability to give the Special Prize. Here one needs to be very careful as some Chests may seem to have a good probability but in reality it would result to be the opposite, therefore one must have a set plan of each Chests’ probability otherwise it will be like shooting in the dark and just gambling hoping to get lucky. Remember that the Chest one opens is the binding factor to win the Special Prize.

Good luck to everybody. :) :) :)
I had 'saved up' 10340 florens.
I used the wiki info to ALWAYS choose only the most efficient florens/special %.
I got sweet **** all.

There is NO strategy to this event. It is just sheer dumb luck if you'll get even a full Lv1 set, regardless of how many florens one spends.

This was bemoaned endlessly on beta as being entirely rigged against players, and yet, the only change that made was to remove the new "Jinxed" achievement medal.:rolleyes:

So even doing everything I possibly could 'the right way', I still got bent over and taken out behind the shed by the gakked up RNG they're using in this event.
(hint: even on beta, there were very serious questions if the %'s listed were actually correct, as the majority experience was not lining up as it should have)

DeletedUser113901

Lets solve 'mistery' how much you get from event for free, you get mask vendor on start (that is 1), you get one kit if you solve all quests (that is 2), if you solve all quests and spend fluorins you will finish in silver league minimum (that is 2 more) so you get from event 4 without chests, just if you solved all quests and spent fluorins, that means you need to get only 1 piece more with about 30.000 fluorins, that is way more than possible, i think you have bigger chances to get hit by a bus than to NOT GET one piece with about 30.000 fluorins what is about 150 chests (if you ofc chase just set items) if you chase other rewards also then problem is in you and not in event.
1 chance in 7 305 057 to be precise.

DeletedUser114342

if you solve all quests and spend fluorins you will finish in silver league minimum

So you are saying that only 5% of people are only doing this event to completion?
I’m sure the people in my guild who are currently up to date in the quest line and spent all their florins and are solidly in bronze will disagree with your statement.

It’s not just having luck in getting the special prizes, but you do need a bit of luck as well if you try for the 15% and 5% chest.

I’d rather plan around getting bronze than silver, just in case I will end up being in the top 5.1% or lower. At least then I won’t be disappointed if I didn’t try for the 7 pieces and only got 6 coz I thought I’d be safely in the silver league just coz I completed all the quest line and spent all my florins.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
There's also the fact that florens in general are also tied to just how active (ie: full of suckers) one's neighbourhood is...

My 'hood in my junk diamond/'waste all provinces' city on J-world is regularly seeing pots grow to 800-1k+ florens.
My 'main' city on N-world though? Feth it, those 'hood pots are deader than that poor flogged horse!

Thus, there's no real chance to get anywhere close to even a sniff at Silver league on my main world...
Hell, there's probably a damn good chance I won't even be able to stay in Bronze league either, simply due to the 'hood skewing aspects I'm suffering! >.<

Boorg

Captain
I had 'saved up' 10340 florens.
I used the wiki info to ALWAYS choose only the most efficient florens/special %.
I got sweet **** all.

There is NO strategy to this event. It is just sheer dumb luck if you'll get even a full Lv1 set, regardless of how many florens one spends.

That is your opinion and I respect it but is it possible that you are very wrong!

Have you forgotten what you told people in the Forge Bowl Event ??? Probability you have!

This time round probably it is you who needs some of your own medicine and that you are opening the wrong Chests. Most probably you do need to reconsider the order of your Chests priority and YES Strategy is required. It is not as you say “just sheer dumb luck” because luck does not happen all the time but only once in a blue moon!

This was bemoaned endlessly on beta as being entirely rigged against players, and yet, the only change that made was to remove the new "Jinxed" achievement medal.:rolleyes:

So even doing everything I possibly could 'the right way', I still got bent over and taken out behind the shed by the gakked up RNG they're using in this event.
(hint: even on beta, there were very serious questions if the %'s listed were actually correct, as the majority experience was not lining up as it should have)

I do not play on beta and I have not read the beta feedback about this Event and I don’t need to because I do my own homework properly and it has always given me satisfactory results.

Is this not a Carnival Event ?
Therefore what is Carnival ?

People impersonate somebody and hide behind masks so you don’t know who they are to trick you.

It is also a time to play jokes and tricks on others therefore why can’t the Carnival Event be playing some kind of tricks on us the players?

Maybe and just maybe some of the Chests are not what one may think they are and maybe not. That is the puzzle one must solve for himself!

Don’t forget that a cube has six (6) sides and if one wants to hear the full story one can’t just listen to only one (1) bell!!!

Having said that is it not possible that the “wiki info” you mentioned might have some misleading information or some errors?

Finally Carnival is also a time to have FUN therefore it might be better to just have fun and enjoy the Event whatever the outcome.

Last edited:
At this point: Looks like I'm going to agree with everybody else on this event. The Junk Droppings is worst than a walk in the park on sunday filled with dogs - lol.

Chest prize rotations - that is the next group of prizes that come up after a selection is made - is geared for trash. The chest with the store building showed up after every 3 or 4 tries sucking everything I had in florins - And I must say getting - ALL 5Min MASS SUPPLY RUSHES - for thousands of florins - IS SOOOOOO MUCH FUN --- LOL

DeletedUser4800

Carnival event special buildings chance is absurdly low, its ridiculous that I spent 3000 florins, opened probably 25 chests and didn't get even one of the special building.

What kind of garbage percentages is 9% or 11% ? The dev team are completely clueless bunch of fruitcakes. What a bunch of no brain group they are. Can't you freaking test your game and realize how absurd the percentage points are?

25 chests opened, over 3000 florins spent and not even ONE special prize. All I got was worthless crap that I have literally billions of. What the hell were they thinking.

And why is it that all of these garbage events are all 100% LUCK BASED? How about you actually do some GOOD DEV WORK, and make them strategic, not dumbed down luckfests!

DeletedUser4800

If you spend enough florins you'll get into a better league. So the prize is guaranteed to those that spend great amounts of florins because of the league rewards.
Shut up, you get like 2 rewards, uuu, omg 2 rewards. WTF? I've opened 25 chests and got ZERO special prizes!

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
That is your opinion and I respect it but is it possible that you are very wrong!

Have you forgotten what you told people in the Forge Bowl Event ??? Probability you have!
Or, it could just be, that when I initially posted about how the Forge Bowl event was going on beta under it's initial release, (ie: BEFORE any of the multiple rebalancing changes were ever made!!), I was entirely correct.
The initial event was MATHEMATICALLY PROVEN to be 100% impossible to achieve without spending 1000's of diamonds.
Even the first couple of 'fixes' were still insufficient to provide a fully leveled grand prize! (ie: only the 'top 25%' could've gained a Lv10 w/out dias - we needed the 3rd and final 'fix' which added the required 9th upgrade to the Amateur league to allow everyone who finished the full event to gain a Lv10)

This time round probably it is you who needs some of your own medicine and that you are opening the wrong Chests. Most probably you do need to reconsider the order of your Chests priority and YES Strategy is required. It is not as you say “just sheer dumb luck” because luck does not happen all the time but only once in a blue moon!
Clearly you missed the part about how I specifically went only for the most efficient florens/% chests, yet still came up empty. While dumping over 10k florens. *facepalm*

There is no strategy if one uses the wiki info. (and yes, it's 99.9% accurate thanks to the beta players)
There is however, overall awful %'s to actually get anything, alongside a gakky RNG.

I do not play on beta and I have not read the beta feedback about this Event and I don’t need to because I do my own homework properly and it has always given me satisfactory results.
So, "I don't have any clue what I'm talking about, but clearly you suck & just need to L2P/Git Gud Scrub!Trollolololz!

Here's a quick synopsis of the beta feedback:
In general, the overwhelming majority of beta players giving feedback have called this the single worst/near worst event in FoE's HISTORY!! (yes, even worse than the majority of those pitiful historical questline events.:P)

Is this not a Carnival Event ?
Therefore what is Carnival ?

People impersonate somebody and hide behind masks so you don’t know who they are to trick you.

It is also a time to play jokes and tricks on others therefore why can’t the Carnival Event be playing some kind of tricks on us the players?

Maybe and just maybe some of the Chests are not what one may think they are and maybe not. That is the puzzle one must solve for himself!

Don’t forget that a cube has six (6) sides and if one wants to hear the full story one can’t just listen to only one (1) bell!!!

Having said that is it not possible that the “wiki info” you mentioned might have some misleading information or some errors?

Finally Carnival is also a time to have FUN therefore it might be better to just have fun and enjoy the Event whatever the outcome.
This is beyond childish... 'Durp! Carnivals are meant to steal your money with broken games & rigged odds - hurr-durp!'

No, this event IS horrible, and while this event itself may not hurt Inno's bottom line, (there's more than enough suckers out there foolish enough to dump their wallets into a pure gambling event), it will end up greatly souring the player base overall and likely hurt future event spending since;
a) players always remember a 'bad' experience vs. the good experience.
b) players will think twice about spending anything on the next event after likely feeling generally ripped-off with little/nothing to show for their dias from this clusterfethed mess

DeletedUser116572

Carnival event special buildings chance is absurdly low, its ridiculous that I spent 3000 florins, opened probably 25 chests and didn't get even one of the special building.
3000 florins / 25 chests = 120 florins per chest
absolutely amazing chest selection there

Ceban

Brigadier-General
i just got 2 main prizes from 7 chests/1620 fluorins and i bet i am not only case like that.