• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Duplicate: Can't scout a region

• Thread starter DeletedUser98405
  • Start date

DeletedUser98405

• World: Griefental
  • Browser and Version: Firefox 24.0
  • Overview of the bug: "sorry, an internal error occurred. Please try again later"
  • Screenshots:
    icu1kn.jpg
  • How often this occurs: every time!
  • Urgency: urgent, I want to get de boost for my goods production
  • Preventative Actions: closed browser, erased all history, cookies etc. switched computer
  • Summary:
    I have just scouted "Rantford" and now want to scout "Las Penas".
    When I click on the button to scout the unknown province the 88000 gets deducted from my money and then it shows an "sorry, an internal error occurred. Please try again later". Then it starts to login again and I end up in my city, and with my money returned.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: scout province, internal error
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum: yes

DeletedUser

I have just scouted "Rantford" and now want to scout "Las Penas".
When I click on the button to scout the unknown province the 88000 gets deducted from my money and then it shows an "sorry, an internal error occurred. Please try again later". Then it starts to login again and I end up in my city, and with my money returned.

This made me think - did the timer of your scout when he was in Rantford, already count down to 0, or were you able to enter that province while you shouldn't have been able to?
For that has happened before, and in that case you will not be able to scout the next province until the (now invisible) timer has really counted down to zero.

DeletedUser7719

Maybe the scout got to Rantford too quickly? Did you wait the desired time to get to Rantford, or did it come (surprisingly) earlier than before? If that happened, you will have to wait until your scout actually was suppose to get there, then you can scout any new provinces. Regardless, I think this bug should be fixed by the update tomorrow...

DeletedUser98405

Since I just now was able to scout the province it seems like that might have been the problem.

DeletedUser

Glad it appears to be solved for you then :)

I'll still set this to confirmed though - it is a bug that the timer is not working correctly, causing the scout to error.

DeletedUser

I am experiencing the same error message as reported in the beginning of this post.This occurred over 5 hours ago.

World: Griefental
Browser and Version: Firefox 24.0
Overview of the bug: "sorry, an internal error occurred. Please try again later"

I am in the province of East-Nagach. I started to scout west and the error occurred. Not sure if this means anything , however, I see two areas of scout options tabs on both the eastside and westside of East-Nagach. Both lands are green instead of the usual red. Sorry a bit new to the game...

I have read to by eyes are bleeding and still do not have this fixed. Any ideas on what I can do please let me know... there is a world that needs conquering.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3200

Same error occuring for me too.
World : East Nagach
Browser and Version: 24.0
Overview of the bug: "sorry, an internal error occurred. Please try again later"
Trying to scout the sector above Mons Suiry and the sector below too, both sectors are green.
Thank you...

DeletedUser98431

• World: Cirgard
  • Browser and Version: Chrome 29.0.1547.76
  • Overview of the bug: I have taken the first province on the second continent and opened industrial age tower PNP for me, now I want to scout the second one, and I can't do that. If I click on one of the two available (costs 75k and 78k to scout respectively) I get the 'Sorry, an internal error occurred. Please try again later' message and it throws me back to the selection of my first continent.
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs: Always
  • Urgency: High
  • Preventative Actions:
  • Summary:
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:

This is the same problem as in http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...l-server-error&p=112856&viewfull=1#post112856

DeletedUser

If anyone else encounters this too (and I've heard so), then please include as well which province/map/region this is occurring on... it may help find where the problem lies exactly, if it's region-specific or not.... thanks!

DeletedUser4195

Same problem

East Nagach. Scout starts in 'new player' position of first continent map.

Move to Americas via ship and attempt to scout bottom right region (60000 coins next to Dorango). This generates an internal error.

BTW I thought that I had already scouted this region but may be wrong.

Edit: Also just tried to scout the region above Uxrow - same problem

DeletedUser3157

I've had this bug in 2 worlds since 1.11 update and I reported it on that thread. U need to have a new province avalible for scouting to actually witness it. It's a major bug, and together with guild forums being broken, it is rather annoying.

DeletedUser98431

If anyone else encounters this too (and I've heard so), then please include as well which province/map/region this is occurring on... it may help find where the problem lies exactly, if it's region-specific or not.... thanks!

OK I conquered Okahe, and I have two other available now for scouting, the one north of if , and one west of it. I thought that my explanation above specifies the region. I am talking about the second continent, that opens up in colonial age, where you get when you click on the ship.

Clicking on either one of the provinces available for scouting throws the same error. When I click on OK, the game is reloaded with the main continent map, so I have to click on the ship again to go the second continent and try again with the same result. I tried from Firefox today also (version 24.0) and I get the same problem, so the problem is not browser-specific.

DeletedUser98431

Another thing I noticed that may help somebody trace the point where the error happens is that in my case it subtracts the amount needed for scouting, the amount of say 75000 goes up in red and my total gets subtracted. The error happens after the subtraction. When the game gets reloaded, my original number of coins is restored.

DeletedUser

I'm having the same problem.

World: Houndsmoor
Browser and Version: Chrome 29.0.1547.76 and IE 10 (used to verify it wasn't a browser rendering issue)
Overview: My Scout is showing up South of Dunarsund. The province to scout is on the far east side of the map. I don't know the province name but it is surrounded by Zaldon on Sea, Northcastle, and Ashcrook. I've completed all the surrounding provinces. I have one sector left in Troulope. It says I can scout it for 18000. I did yesterday and it looked like it would take 14 hours. I checked today and when I click on the 18000 scout unknown province button I get the "Sorry, an internal error occured. Please try again later." I click ok and it refreshes the screen back to my city view.

Hope it can be fixed.

DeletedUser98431

Another thing I noticed that might help somebody. The icon of the guy on the horse carrying a flag is not even positioned on the province that I last took. In my case it is positioned at the very FIRST province I got to when I registered and start a game in my world. And I can see from Dirk's screenshot that in his case the guy on the horse is also not showing where it is supposed to be.

This is the same position as hklbry wrote in his comment.

DeletedUser

I can confirm this... my Scout is placed at the first province, (Note Red Arrow). What is interesting is when I left mouse click anywhere in the first province next to the Scout - I return back to my city. It's like the entire province is now the "Back to City" button.

Scout Home Province.jpg

DeletedUser

I am having the same problem. Scout is on the first province and i can't scout provinces in Americas and in Progressive Age Europe too.

DeletedUser66029

Houndsmoor

I’ve concurred Okaha and Desperation on the new section of the map. Three or four day sago I clicked on the province above them (83000 coin). When I went to check if the area was open, it was not.

When I go to the continent map it takes me to the first province and the icon (scout on horse) is on it.

I next go to the ship and access the word map. I click on the new section of the map.

The 83000 coin for that section and two others (75000 and 88000) show as if they are available. When I click on either one it takes the coins away than gives me the error “Sorry an error has occurred! Sorry an internal error occurred. Please try again later.” After hitting OK the game is reloaded back to my city and the coins are back to what they were before the deduction.