• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Can't join the game, only loads to 67-70%

DeletedUser109113

Sometimes i need to wait 5-10 minutes to join the game, but its not good, i've tried from the other PCs but the same problem. :(

DeletedUser105508

I have the same problem as you, yesterday it was taking like 90 minutes to load...I raised this with support and was given the following answer....

It has come to light that older versions of Windows are struggling to cope with the Forge of Empires game.

As Forge of Empires is a continuously progressive game, there is bound to come a time when older software can no longer cope with the demands being placed upon it, it seems that is now true for Windows XP and Vista. Without these updates, newer features would not be possible and would limit the future potential of the game, for this reason the game will not be rolled back to a previous version.

I realise this is not the news you were hoping for, but I'm afraid we are simply not able to support every operating system indefinitely and there comes a time where we all have to move with the times.

As Microsoft no longer provide support for Windows XP or Vista, other software providers will also cease to support those operating systems.

The only solution to this is to update your operating system to a newer version.

In the mean time, if you have access to a tablet or smart phone, you can continue to play Forge of Empires there.

So I guess either we need to upgrade or cease playing.....

Although loading today is a lot better than yesterday.....

DeletedUser105304

Same problem here & I use Win 10 & latest Firefox
On first time loading game need to log out & in 2 or 3 times to get it past the 70%

May be due to game lag - but wasnt prepared to wait more than couple of mins
Treasure Hunt - second icon didnt show - so game locked & required re-log in ( twice ) to get past 70%
Aiding - Had a couple of cities totally blank, but you could still do Aid

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12146

I had same problem.
I also contacted support, where only standard answers were given, like clean you cache etc...
I tried all browsers on my PC (FF, chrome and IE), and the problem was the same. I even tried to login on my laptop, and the problem was the same.
I could only login on my iOS device :D

Now, this problem is gone. Based on that, and that you also had the same problem, I think it was Inno's fault.

DeletedUser97018

i get the same
and only recently
it takes up to aprox 2 mins to enter city, then another 2 or so till full city loads
sometimes city loads without a problem, but 67% is constant annoying thing

DeletedUser97018

if you really want to play the game, then start the log in process, and while it's loading, go make a coffee or tea or whatever
drink a glass of water, you probably don't hydrate enough as it is....

DeletedUser16026

Can we please all edit in your details (OS, Browser type and version) so we can attempt to narrow down the issue.

Regarding Windows XP, there is unfortunately not much that can be done. It is no longer supported by Microsoft, which means general software optimization for it is also becoming lower, so Flash Player and other items will not be working there as smoothly as on newer OS. There's still a free upgrade to Windows 10 available, though of course the choice is yours.

On the loading issue, it seems to be mostly related to Firefox and a refresh (or two) speeds up the login. But as some posts mention other browsers, it would help us if you can all list your OS, browser type and version so that we can locate the issue.

DeletedUser100832

I got win 8 and firefox/waterfox. It's really bad, both loading the game and the gvg map

eg. I just did one fight after timer, crashed, and can't get back for 9 minutes already

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105054

Have a similar issue for the past approx 2-3 weeks. Win 10, Firefox 43.0.4, decent machine - no previous issues (other than the usual occasional lag/diconnect in chat and freezing in GvG). Usually stops on 68% or 69% but only the first time. I hit refresh and it reloads fine. Annoying and a bit wierd but not unusable once it boots. Unlike iPad version on old iPad mini latest iOS which crashes randomly and frequently.

DeletedUser108379

Well, I have the same behavior as lasthours, on Windows 10 Chrome or waterfox and on and old windows with firefox. No difference. First time it stops somewhere between 60 to 70% and loads after hitting refresh.

DeletedUser100832

Have a similar issue for the past approx 2-3 weeks. Win 10, Firefox 43.0.4, decent machine - no previous issues (other than the usual occasional lag/diconnect in chat and freezing in GvG). Usually stops on 68% or 69% but only the first time. I hit refresh and it reloads fine. Annoying and a bit wierd but not unusable once it boots. Unlike iPad version on old iPad mini latest iOS which crashes randomly and frequently.

mine doesn't always get to the bar. Often freezes on the spinny wheel you get before the bar starts loading.

basically, the last update screwed over shockwave with firefox/waterfox. Because often a 'shockwave is not responding' window comes up during loading.

DeletedUser100832

got an interesting error message

'failed to load shared/gui/chat/chat'

could the chat be crashing the loader on firefox?

DeletedUser16026

It seems that a refresh of the game page once the loading bar gets stuck gets you to the game.

However, I wanted to check - are you experiencing this after the latest update (1.69) took place yesterday?

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
i had this problem with waterfox a few weeks back after i upgraded to the latest version 43.0, but the problem fixed after i downloaded a earlier version.

DeletedUser12400

I've noticed that if you click this button before exiting then you have higher chance that you will not stuck :rolleyes: