• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cannot reach top square on laptop

DeletedUser

This problem definitely doesn't affect all resolutions, I play in 1080 and this what my battle screen looks like. I can easily see all the hexes and well beyond, in fact it goes even further than the picture shows...

battle.jpg

Surge

Brigadier-General
Yes, 1080p monitors are ideal for battles.

My observation is that the game is optimized for 1600 x 900 monitors.

bV8ya.png

However I think the bare minimum for laptops is 1440 x 900. Not many laptops have that, though.

fnoK9.png

But what is strange is that when using the mostly complained resolution size (1366x768) on a desktop, it looked borderline fine. In fact, it's quite doable!

vdWfp.png

DeletedUser

Hm, maybe I will give the 1080 resolution a try. But, thanks to (player) Hint, who reminded me of the full screen button on the bottom left of the in-game screen (also, View, and F11).

I have not had to fiddle with my screen resolution since I have had this laptop (about 1 1/2 years), so it was like I forgot how to fix it :P Anyway, thanks for the discussion everyone. I hope it helps others with this situation. :D

DeletedUser7719

A problem in going full screen is that it lags the game more. I love having this game in a partially small screen when I'm collecting supplies because all the animations are more clearer. When I'm in maximized or full screen (1920x1080), I'm usually battling or visiting guildies (it's easier since you can see the whole screen)

DeletedUser

Hi guys,

I play on a netbook (1024*576) and this problem is constantly there for me, in fullscreen mode as well . Also, can't visit the lower left hand corner with my troops as the battle control bar blocks my clicks on hexes over there .

DeletedUser

Not really a solution about the screen resolution problem but going back to the original fight that you lost you could have just hit the "finish fight automatically" button and you troops would have just attacked and won the fight for you

DeletedUser

Haha unfortunately the CPU is unbelievably stupid, I once had a vastly superior army than the opponent and thought to put the auto feature to good use while I went away for a while. Needless to say, the screen wrote "Defeat" when I returned .

DeletedUser

I know they are dumb, but in the situation desribed in the origonal post they would have probably succeded

Trust me I don't normally recommend the use of that button

DeletedUser7719

Yea, I hate how you can't even use it sometimes against 8 spearmen (with 8 trebs)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hahah~!
Well, since I first posted this, I now use the full screen mode provided in the game options at bottom left of screen - BUT, I use it ONLY for battles =)

Amy Steele

General
I am very upset. I could easily have won a province except for the fact that the field artillery gun (last man remaining on the field) kept evading my 3 men on the field by hiding up in the top squares! My men would stand on the immediate square below, but could not hit the gun (half hidden on top). I had to keep moving my men down and away to draw the gun out of the top squares, but as soon as he moved down and I moved up to get in range - he would move back again. And, with his range, he killed my 3 and I was defeated!!! =(

Anyone else have issues on their laptop with the play on the edges of the game screen???

Yes - I also play on a laptop and have faced the same problem, but so far only with trying to attack a unit in the top right hand square. The first time it happened I could not figure out how to attack, and used the same ploy as you, only to find that like you I lost the battle :(

The second time it happened I had a flash of inspiration and used my browser's zoom feature to zoom to 150% - doing this I found that I was able to attack the unit in that top corner.

This morning it happened again (for the first time for ages), and I took screenshots.

Zoom 100% - Unable to attack unit

Snapshot_2013-06-16_114249 Cannon - top right corner.png

Zoom 150% - After successful attack

Snapshot_2013-06-16_114443 Cannon top right corner 150% zoom crop.png

DeletedUser3707

I've the same problem on my laptop. The battlefield is shifted up. So much so that you can't even see the top tiles.

Every time any enemy unit runs to the very top tiles, and sits there, I roll my eyes. There's no way I can touch them.

I have to resort to taking out everyone in my field of view/that's clickable, then click "auto fight" for the computer to finish off the rest. A lot more units die than is necessary.

Solution? Greater scrolling distances should be implemented. Going a bit off screen.

DeletedUser17220

i have the same problem, any units standing on the top right corner, i can't hit them.
well actually i still can, but i need to precisely click on the bottom edge of that square where the AI unit is standing on.
also, if you have three men left and the AI only has a field gun, you could have clicked the auto finish button:)

DeletedUser

Just a couple of notes, this has nothing todo with laptops per se, only small screen size or rather a small resolution.
Second I sometimes play with my work laptop with 1280x800 (compared to my home 1920 × 1080) and have never had any such problems, the flash seem to resize according to the available working space you have and I never been forced to play full screen.

With that being said, can someone post the minimal requirement for resolution for FOE?
Also there is a similar long standing issue, that you can't see the towns top most corner (has nothing todo with resolution, but FOE map)

DeletedUser

With that being said, can someone post the minimal requirement for resolution for FOE?
Also there is a similar long standing issue, that you can't see the towns top most corner (has nothing todo with resolution, but FOE map)

Yes mods, I'd also be interested in this because I can't see my uppermost building completely.

DeletedUser7990

I have this problem too.

I found a simple solution. Click on the restore down button at the top left of the screen and then put it back to full screen, this generally allows you to then attack the unit in the top right corner.

DeletedUser

hmmm... tricky... i'm playing on pc so i dun have the problem for battles. but the city view will have this problem when not in fullscreen, so i arranged for my castle to be built on the top end since it's a huge building and no one is suppose to do anything wif it... :rolleyes:

but i guess it would be wise to use the auto attack strategically in this battle situation. i dun think the AI can be so dumb that it cannot win 3 against 1, especially when it is a long range unit that practically any soldier out there can easily take it apart... unless u are afraid that when u click auto combat, your units will make peace wif the enemy and take it to a party instead... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Actually, I'm rather interested myself... so I'm asking around! Now I hope I will get some answers so I can tell here, but don't expect any quick magic :)

Edit:
Quick magic exists after all! :)
Minimum resolution required to play the game is 1024 x 768 - confirmed as such by the developers.
Kudos to them for the swift reply!