• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Buying Expansions

DeletedUser

as i seem to be constantly stuck for land to build on , may i suggest to Innogames some ideas on purchasing more land.
1 = using 10 forge points for an exp
2 = using increasing amounts of gold for exp
3 = any other ideas ?
-------------------------------------------------
Lone

DeletedUser

ok mink , thanks , i will :)
i've played all the varieties of RTS games that have come along , some good , some awfull.
this one certainly has possibilities. but it only takes one small thing to make or break a game.
human beings are , by nature , impatient. if someone is more frustrated at playing a game , than they are having fun , they will stop playing it.
improving your town with better buildings , better layout , better troops , higher production etc is all fine , it's a challenge.
but if you reach a point where it all comes to a halt , or improvement takes days , instead of hours , then that is not good.
you'll get frustrated and give up. and yes , i know it is beta , i'm simply making suggestions.
an example. i need stone and lumber to expand. my group is not trading , so i have built lumbermill and stonemason to produce required goods. at 1 every 4 hours. that's over 30 hours :( my gold and res are building up , as i cant spend them. i have 10 forge points , which are now being wasted , as i cant spend them. i only have space for 1 warrior rax, and i cant attack 7 iron age troops with 4 bronze , so taking more provinces is out.
i hoping like mad guild or world trade will open up tomorrow.
any suggestions on gaining / buying more land?
Rant over :) Lone

DeletedUser

ok mink , thanks , i will :)
i've played all the varieties of RTS games that have come along , some good , some awfull.
this one certainly has possibilities. but it only takes one small thing to make or break a game.
human beings are , by nature , impatient. if someone is more frustrated at playing a game , than they are having fun , they will stop playing it.
improving your town with better buildings , better layout , better troops , higher production etc is all fine , it's a challenge.
but if you reach a point where it all comes to a halt , or improvement takes days , instead of hours , then that is not good.
you'll get frustrated and give up. and yes , i know it is beta , i'm simply making suggestions.
an example. i need stone and lumber to expand. my group is not trading , so i have built lumbermill and stonemason to produce required goods. at 1 every 4 hours. that's over 30 hours :( my gold and res are building up , as i cant spend them. i have 10 forge points , which are now being wasted , as i cant spend them. i only have space for 1 warrior rax, and i cant attack 7 iron age troops with 4 bronze , so taking more provinces is out.
i hoping like mad guild or world trade will open up tomorrow.
any suggestions on gaining / buying more land?
Rant over :) Lone

Take your sweet time mate, 30 hours isn't that long. This game was never intended to be finished in a month or so, so while waiting for those things that you've planned to materialize, go do something else instead. Remember this is just a game made to make life's pleasurable pauses more enjoyable. Enjoy life and go get washed out or something while waiting :D. And btw, I don't think FP free guild trade and/or global trade will be implemented this 4th of June 2012 A.D.

DeletedUser

i had a wash on my birthday :)
30 hours isn't that long...it depends on your viewpoint. i've been playing other games for years , and in some , you are always waiting for something , whatever it is. but in every game, the delay can be overcome somehow , and usually within an hour or two , or a few at most. not 30 hours :(
i would be happy to play this game constantly , if the game is good enough, you don't WANT it to end :)
well , we have a four day weekend here , due to a national celebration , and i'm back to work on wednesday.
i have suspended playing my other , main , game while concentrating on FoE , but if guild / global trading is not implemented by tuesday evening at the latest , i'm afraid i shall have to give up.:(
i dont want to , i've enjoyed it so far , but i cant stare at a lumbermill waiting for 1 piece of wood every 4 hours.
sorry guys , bad game design , in my humble opinion.
which COULD be improved , by the purchase of land with forge points.
i'm not angry , just disappointed:(

DeletedUser

PFFFFFF
people pls stop comparing this game with other games (prolly warfare based).. as this game is not near like those other games.
then this one...2 = using increasing amounts of gold for exp.. already is there,feel free to pay an extra 5 buks each upgrade.
1st 200 diamonds, 2nd it doubles to 400 diamonds so makes it 10 buks for an expansion etc etc.
just play the game and follow the quests and if i'm right you will never have a shortage (unless you exaggerate it and build more than needed)

DeletedUser

of course we can compare any game with another one :)
how would the game developers ever design new ones , if they didn't get ideas from the users? :)
as for diamonds , i believe this was advertised as a ' free to play ' game?
although i would never personally purchase any premium features , it is the land shortage we are discussing :)
and if i'm right you will never have a shortage (unless you exaggerate it and build more than needed)
i'm not sure you can build more than " needed " :) if you dont need it , why build it? :)
my point is that there is not ENOUGH land , not quite.
building space is tight , i believe too tight for full enjoyment of the game:)
simply my opinion :)

DeletedUser

and finally , someone has purchased my trade on the market , so it is starting to move along.
although only a military upgrade.:(
either of my other 2 trades will result in exp , and my next research points will go on exp.
so , finally:)

DeletedUser

I don't understand how you got there?

I have 3 expansions queued I don't need

DeletedUser

i think you complain to early about that seriously.. :)
as for comparing.. i hope you not compare it with Tribal wars or such as it really isn't compareable (yet) imo :rolleyes:
in my eyes you or build wrong or are rushing (wich you can't without diamonds)

dunno but i'm wel over 1.3 mil and entering HMA.
trust me.. you will get 5 to 6 expansions in EMA alone (look/scroll forward into your research page and you will notice)
at first i thought the same but there are some topics how to build your vill best,take a look at that if you will.
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/forumdisplay.php?25-Forge-of-Empires-guides
it might help you out solving your problem,as it is pretty important how you place your buildings and especially your path/road.

just want to help you here mate ;)

DeletedUser

am i complaining? yes , but i'm also making suggestions to innogames on how i think the game can be improved , so i'm not just moaning :)
comparing? yes , i think we have the gist of the game by now so i believe comparisons are allowable :)
rushing? no.....playing at my speed , yes :)
i've read the guides , but i'm building / playing faster than ... is expected ? :)
it is pretty important how you place your buildings and especially your path/road.
agreed , but i'd up that to vitally important.
get it wrong, and you're ......... :)

DeletedUser

get it wrong, and you're ......... :)

who i am?

Come one, come all, and witness magic!
I introduce to you an occult sorcerer
Of the ancient craft of Necromancy
A caster of mind-bending illusions
From the nether void of the shadow walkers
A soul from Shangra La, The Great Milenko

Ladies and Gentlemen
Witness the keeper of arcane, wicked voodoo magic
A beguiler of spells, hexes, and curses
With the help of potions, talismans, and ancient relics
From the forbidden realms of the Dark Carnival
Ladies and Gentlemen

The Great Milenko

LOL

but yeah, clearly you are rushing XD

DeletedUser

am i complaining? yes , but i'm also making suggestions to innogames on how i think the game can be improved , so i'm not just moaning :)

never said you moaning, but if you have suggestions for innogames then don't place them here but in the therefore ment topic..

(your welcome Blacksmith) :P

DeletedUser

I don't really know how you planned yer city mate but I never spend a single speck of diamond and just unlocked the first expansion of EMA and I never had any problem with space in trying to produce anything, just learn to prioritize your immediate needs and you should be pretty fine :D

DeletedUser

who i am?
LOL

but yeah, clearly you are rushing XD

And what is your issue if he is rushing? Why should anyone have the same play-style as you or me or anybody else? Each of us plays the game in his/her way. If a game is made in such a way that I have to play like you and the rest then i don't have to think for myself, i just follow someone else and there is no joy in that. A successful game is one that offers a play style for different types of people (granted not for each and everyone of us).

There are more roads that lead to Rome and I don't want to be forced on the longest one. Is just a saying so don't get me for that. Hope you get my point

DeletedUser

And what is your issue if he is rushing? Why should anyone have the same play-style as you or me or anybody else? Each of us plays the game in his/her way. If a game is made in such a way that I have to play like you and the rest then i don't have to think for myself, i just follow someone else and there is no joy in that. A successful game is one that offers a play style for different types of people (granted not for each and everyone of us).

There are more roads that lead to Rome and I don't want to be forced on the longest one. Is just a saying so don't get me for that. Hope you get my point

i sure got the point at this first post :D
just as i said... you can't rush more nor go faster than the game allowes (in this case unless you pay for it)
(No game has that even Tribal wars has his restrictions,especially without Premium)
this is a beta and so ideas can be suggested.. just not here..

if you want to go faster then ask for a speedround in the future :P (also at the therefore made topic and not here :)) and will prolly cost you diamond to join XD
just as all other games

Last edited by a moderator: