• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Broken device/lost account

Vesiger

Monarch
One of my fellow guild admins has broken his phone and had to get a new one. He can't remember his password to get back into the game, and he says the 'reset password' option doesn't work because he didn't give an email address when he signed up (is that even possible?)
Is there any way he can get in touch with Inno support and recover his city?

DeletedUser

It is possible to play w/o e mail confirmation.
Wait for a moderator for the rest

Emberguard

Legend
and he says the 'reset password' option doesn't work because he didn't give an email address when he signed up (is that even possible?)
Yes. Those are guest accounts. If you log out and don't have it attached to something you'll be unable to get back in without contacting support.

Is there any way he can get in touch with Inno support and recover his city?
Yes. They'll need to go to the Support Page and click "Contact Us" (it'll be a yellow button)

If they're not logged in then they'll need to choose which server to contact. In this case English (Int)

image0.png

They then should see this page:
unknown.png

Clicking on the link for not remembering username or password will allow them to communicate through email. We'll then provide them with a list of security questions. They'll need to remember various aspects of their city to confirm who we're talking to and that we've located the correct account.

Once we've confirmed everything they'll need to provide us with an email to attach to the account for them to use the reset password option

Vesiger

Monarch
Thanks a lot - I'll pass the info on.
(I only have very indirect contact via the guild thread and a fellow guild member who knows him on Facebook!)

Emberguard

Legend
Thanks a lot - I'll pass the info on.
(I only have very indirect contact via the guild thread and a fellow guild member who knows him on Facebook!)
you're welcome. One other thing. If I'm mistaken about it being a guest account and it's actually connected to Facebook, Google Play or Game Centre then in order to restore access the connection to those platforms would have to be permanently severed and a email attached