• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Board completion keys displayed not rewarded correctly

nice2haveu

Corporal
Anniversary event, board completion reward mentioned with one Blue gem and one Red gem key (1xB 0xG 1xR). But while collecting, only red gem key displayed with additional prize.

As I remember, the event board consists of 10 blue gems in that one blue gem has incomplete key piece, so 9 blue gem without key piece and 1 blue gem with key piece. Same applicable for red gem also. All locked gems unlocked and did borad completion successful reset. It awarded with one red gem key and one special goods item without one blue gem key which is missed.

Please verify and fix it.

Emberguard

Legend
All locked gems unlocked and did borad completion successful reset. It awarded with one red gem key and one special goods item without one blue gem key which is missed.
If you're able to get before and after screenshots (of your next board completion) that would help for documentation purposes.

the event board consists of 10 blue gems in that one blue gem has incomplete key piece, so 9 blue gem without key piece and 1 blue gem with key piece.
image.png

9 without a key = 0
1 half piece = 0

It would have to be 10 of no key piece, or 4 with a half piece for it to give something. You can't mix the two together

t, board completion reward mentioned with one Blue gem and one Red gem key (1xB 0xG 1xR). But while collecting, only red gem key displayed with additional prize.
By any chance did you look at the key conversion, merge something on the board, and then do a claim and reset?

nice2haveu

Corporal
If you're able to get before and after screenshots (of your next board completion) that would help for documentation purposes.

image.png

9 without a key = 0
1 half piece = 0

It would have to be 10 of no key piece, or 4 with a half piece for it to give something. You can't mix the two together

By any chance did you look at the key conversion, merge something on the board, and then do a claim and reset?
I was shocked when this happened and missed to get the screenshot. However, issue is happened for sure, I witnessed blue and red key as completion reward. Only problem is I counted like 10 blue gems and 10red gems, even for that I don't have screenshot (which may be wrong). But I cleared all locked items and checked the board completion reward which displays 1xB 0xG 1xR. I was surprised and little happy to collect the keys because I expected 0 keys as reward and my intention is only on clearing the board. But it displays two keys and rewarded one key.

Without proof it is difficult to discuss about it, but that only happened. Now energy is not much to try board clearance and need to check it on other world server.

In EN, I should wait until someone faces the same issue to support my reported issue.

I was shocked when this happened and missed to get the screenshot. However, issue is happened for sure, I witnessed blue and red key as completion reward. Only problem is I counted like 10 blue gems and 10red gems, even for that I don't have screenshot (which may be wrong). But I cleared all locked items and checked the board completion reward which displays 1xB 0xG 1xR. I was surprised and little happy to collect the keys because I expected 0 keys as reward and my intention is only on clearing the board. But it displays two keys and rewarded one key.

Without proof it is difficult to discuss about it, but that only happened. Now energy is not much to try board clearance and need to check it on other world server.

In EN, I should wait until someone faces the same issue to support my reported issue.
You might have counted wrong.

As mentioned by @Emberguard, without a key piece needed 10gems to produce single key with your gems list.

But interestingly, I would say as display bug in the board completion reward while listing key count before collecting it. I felt the same issue and felt like myself dizzy looking on keys. After reading the issue, now it creates a confusion for me too. Did I really witnessed something wrong when I played? I cannot able to answer it.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
I think this system has a bug, after converting all of my keys on the board, I clicked on the board completion button to see that I had the completion Reward plus 1 blue and 1 red keys to come, due to all the unused parts left on the board, however I only received the reward and 1 blue key, no idea what happened to the red one, not really bothered as no chance of completing this event and gaining a full building, so only going through the motions to be honest, don't like this event, hope it gets relegated to the vast store of poor ideas impletented we seem to be experiencing recently

nice2haveu

Corporal
Issue happened one more time, and again cannot took the screenshot. This time it is, 1xB 0xG 0xR as a completion reward, but renovation kit only awarded and didn't get blue key in the reward window. For sure, some kind of issue is there. Either display bug or calculation bug in the board completion window.

Knight of ICE

Report it to Support. Nobody here kan look at what happened.

Emberguard

Legend
Issue happened one more time, and again cannot took the screenshot. This time it is, 1xB 0xG 0xR as a completion reward, but renovation kit only awarded and didn't get blue key in the reward window. For sure, some kind of issue is there. Either display bug or calculation bug in the board completion window.
I think this system has a bug, after converting all of my keys on the board, I clicked on the board completion button to see that I had the completion Reward plus 1 blue and 1 red keys to come, due to all the unused parts left on the board, however I only received the reward and 1 blue key, no idea what happened to the red one, not really bothered as no chance of completing this event and gaining a full building, so only going through the motions to be honest, don't like this event, hope it gets relegated to the vast store of poor ideas impletented we seem to be experiencing recently
Are you guys on desktop or mobile? Trying to reproduce and so far not getting anything unusual

nice2haveu

Corporal
Have made the screen recorded of the issue from my mobile. Just realised, forum doesn't have the ability to upload/attach files with ".mp4" file type videos.

It's a display a bug on event mini game which I recorded.

Did anyone know how to upload videos in the forum threads for ".mp4" file type videos from the Android mobile?

Emberguard

Legend
Have made the screen recorded of the issue from my mobile. Just realised, forum doesn't have the ability to upload/attach files with ".mp4" file type videos.

It's a display a bug on event mini game which I recorded.

Did anyone know how to upload videos in the forum threads for ".mp4" file type videos from the Android mobile?
There's no way to upload videos here, but you could upload to Youtube and link to that

nice2haveu

Corporal
No you can't.

Forum rules:
- Links to or discussions of third party apps or other sites are not allowed

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.37828/

Same as you ar not allowed to post animated images!

Like I said before Contact Support! This is not something for the forum!
Okay. I just proved the issue existing by attaching the video as GIF file. No other way to prove it since people may thought like unnecessarily myself claiming for an issue in the anniversary event. Didn't thought of breaking the rule, but did unknowingly:o

On beta forum server it's happening on a regular basis, so didn't realize that rule is still active here.

Knight of ICE

Okay. I just proved the issue existing by attaching the video as GIF file. No other way to prove it since people may thought like unnecessarily myself claiming for an issue in the anniversary event. Didn't thought of breaking the rule, but did unknowingly:o

On beta forum server it's happening on a regular basis, so didn't realize that rule is still active here.

Not a problem.

Now for something completely different :)

I have found this on the beta forum

Finishing the board provides extra keys and a great reward​

Whenever you finish a board you get a random reward from the displayed chest. However, you also receive some keys, depending on what is left on your board. You get keys for the following:
  • 1 key for every 10 pieces of the same element without a key part.
  • 1 key for every 4 pieces of the same element with one key part.
  • 1 key for every piece of the same element with a full key.
This means you should always check what is left on your board before resetting. Spending a bit of energy can make sure you get a couple extra keys!

That means it is not a bug, but intentional.

Emberguard

Legend
That means it is not a bug, but intentional.

Would love to agree with you, but after some testing it turns out it's a mobile-only visual error. I believe it's treating 1-3 half keys as if they were 4 half keys.

Bug_keys.jpeg

Like I said before Contact Support! This is not something for the forum!

I have now contacted Support. Thankyou for leaving the thread open long enough to discuss it with the other players, it did help enormously in figuring out what was causing the problem

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Are you guys on desktop or mobile? Trying to reproduce and so far not getting anything unusual
Mobile, it happened a couple of times on different worlds but seems to be ok at the moment, recieved everything I should have over past two days

nice2haveu

Corporal
Mobile, it happened a couple of times on different worlds but seems to be ok at the moment, recieved everything I should have over past two days
Issue still happening. Few minutes back it happened. Support didn't fix the issue, but left unresolved since it is a display issue and doesn't harm the game.