• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Barbarism or Chivalry? PvP battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I don't quite see what your problem is with my (and others', as this thread demonstrates) preference for a more cooperative style of play, but whatever guy.

DeletedUser

The good thing about this game is, it doesn't take too many days to weigh up your neighbors, and as its in beta, and free to play, we can just up sticks, and move, without too much hardship,no one sticks around dedicating their time for others to constantly farm, and as interaction is needed, to make it worth while for plunder, your neighbors need to have a fighting chance to stick around, and trade their way through the skill tree, to be a viable plunder option. So over kill , will kill the game for most of the hardened aggressors.

Add to the fact, most of us don't trade with them if they have taken from us, we have our own form of retribution. Most non pvp players don't strive to be top dog, as trading and defending, does not give points, merchant base is just a co-operation pursuit of time chilling. But FOE is trying to be fair balanced, so passives like me and aggressors, can be on the same map, without too much hardship.;) keep smiling

DeletedUser

So let me get this straight, I sign up for a game which is based around building an empire, part of building the empire requires getting expansions, to do this i need to fight, a moderator thinks thats bullying! i know i will take flak for posting this, but i think the above quote is bang out of order.

Meant in the kindest possible terms
Watcher

I agree with Watcher -we are trying to forge and empire out of the mud of basic human stock....You're going to have to fight and battle it out against barbarians, traders & knights -so let's get on with it...

DeletedUser

im confuzled is this a topic of arguing or something to do with plundering?

DeletedUser

I think it merely escalated and lost it's original topic is fading :p

DeletedUser

This whole thread is about "to plunder or not to plunder" - in other words: bullying or being chivalrous ;)

DeletedUser

Ah.. Well I just attack anyone for PvP points and only plunder goods buildings I don't have 100+ in stock of lol, so that's selective.
And I motivate neighbour towns who've motivate mine. (If I haven't already attacked them..)

I do bully my nemesis though.

DeletedUser5514

As i need points for the PVP, i do the following:
1) If neighbours help me regularly (polish/motivation), i will fight them but i wont plunder them;
2) If neighbours dont help me regularly (polish/motivation), i will fight them and i will plunder them.

You know what to do, if you dont want to be plundered... Ive got that info. in my profile description.

DeletedUser6968

Everyone plays the game the way they want.Some will plunder at large, some will be more selective and others will not plunder at all.

Myself I only plunder those who are in my range of points when I win a battle. I attack everyone one but I don'y plunder the smaller player.

This is a game and when you play a game you are supposed to have fun. I don't think being plundered everyday by the bigger players in the area you are is that much fun. You may even leave the game.

Let's say, for conclusion, that I love attacking but I don't really need to plunder. But it's only me here :p

DeletedUser5846

I love this debate, lol.

Where do I stand on this debate, plunder, plunder, plunder. I see it as a service I provide, to teach players to put better defenses up. I don't do gold/tools, just manufactured goods. I don't see it as bullying, just keeping the goods from falling into enemy hands ( barbarians or other guilds, it is a war game after all.)
If I get plundered so be it, it's happened before and I suppose it will happen again, if I don't collect my goods in timely fashion.
I don't see it as bullying, as pointed out all neighbours start off at the same time, so leaving 2 spear-man defenses 240 pts, I'll have to hit that, 100 of those a week should get some medals. If facing bigger armies for defense and I win, well I'll have to reward myself for the losses and there's a plunder sign over the ironmonger/alabaster mason....yep I'll have that, omg, it's got 30 units in it that's 2 day's production, left there for longer than it should, not my fault, I took so much, why would a player leave 2 days production exposed for more than split second longer than necessary.
Although I fairly new to this game, I've played a few other online games and a lot more aggressive, in one game, you could have your villages conquered off you, if you didn't have adequate defenses.
So I believe if you put adequate defenses up, you won't get hit as much, also hit the player back and the plunder their goods or offer to polish/motivate them every other day or something.
I think getting the neighbourhood to gang up on a player is more of a bullying tactic, but that's just my take on it and there are different playing style's.
Personally I don't see myself as a barbarian, more a combination of Attila, Genghis and Josef, a ruthless conqueror....rofl.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

hello everybody :D

i have played the game for a little while now, and i love how it is designed
1) players defense troops are always there, no matter how many times they fall in battles
2) players can only attack and choose to plunder 1 of the buildings every 24hours

i really don't see the need to complain about raid issues since only neighbours can attack me, and vice versa
so i do not get a whole lot of the player's guild swarming me and leave me with totally nothing left to build
it is a good thing :D

when i juz started playing and everybody is still around the same age, i even reduced my neighbours chances of rising in the tower rankings by setting no defence.
yes. why do i have to bother about something they take and i can get it again in 5minutes?
and if the production time have to be long and the resource is more valuable, then i juz have to be punctual in collecting it else it is my own fault. :D

and if anyone think 2spears = 240points is still too much for the competitors
try 1spear = 120points
yes u can
:D

DeletedUser

Are we still talking about plundering? If we are, then here's my take:

A noob might at first think that this is merely a 4x game, but after they get plundered over and over, then it's their responsibility to figure out how the game works. One of the ways it works is that you get the option to plunder your vanquished enemy. As a noob I got plundered a lot, and just shrugged it off...until my goods buildings started to get plundered. That was when I got a clue. I built up a defensive army and I started timing my goods buildings to "ripen" when I could be online to collect from them. Neither of these things is rocket science.

Interestingly there was someone in my neighborhood recently who got very upset that she was being plundered, but she did nothing to protect herself, she just whined. I sent her a polite and friendly message, suggesting what she might do (time her buildings, build a better defensive army, start attacking herself so she would advance) and in response she sent me a very tragic, passive/aggressive message, and then she deleted all her buildings and left. I think that's actually a good thing, since she clearly has a temperament better suited to Farmville than to this game.

You know, if a LMA player is continually plundering wine they don't need from some poor schlub who's still in the Iron age, I can see how one might think that's overkill. But the truth is, it's not an abuse of the game. I'd say that a LMA player doing that must have a heck of a lot of time on their hands, because they're not getting many points, and not getting anything they can use. And of course, if you can't possibly field an army that can win, you can *still* arrange to never have goods available for plunder.

So we're back where we started. By all means don't play the game if it's not your cup of tea. If you're going to play, then accept the game for what it is.

DeletedUser

You know, if a LMA player is continually plundering wine they don't need from some poor schlub who's still in the Iron age, I can see how one might think that's overkill. But the truth is, it's not an abuse of the game. I'd say that a LMA player doing that must have a heck of a lot of time on their hands, because they're not getting many points, and not getting anything they can use.

You can never have "too much" wine...

DeletedUser

All players are diferent. Somebody trading, producing, somebody (like me) taking these goods. My 15 military buildings produce much more goods than any factory. At the same time every battle gives me points. 30 battles per day and don't need any trading
This is my old post. At that time i needed everything to grow faster. Now i have enough gold, resources and my guilds trade conditions let me get all goods what i need. The main problem now is land. For expansion i must win PvP tournaments and donate Great Buildings to earn medals. At the same time i need to motivate or plunder more people to find blueprints. In this game should be option To polish / motivate oponent after battle. Somebody can say - no logic, attacking and after supporting. I don't think so, the same we have in real life - big countries attacking small ones, destroying them and after rebuilding... normal 20-21 centurys practice...

DeletedUser

Well, here is another angle! :cool::rolleyes: which is the market. Its pre holiday sales time in my local market, courtesy of me, as I have a huge surplus of various ages of goods. So what I do not need, which is about all of it, at least for today, is on the market at a 2-1 sale. In other words, I give you 10 and you give me 5. Of whatever. Esp where plunderers are on the market begging for some kind of good-- you can be sure my deals to get that good are ever so much better than a plunderer can offer. :o Anyone offering a deal that is not as good as 2-1 is gonna be waiting awhile. C'est la vie, c'est la guerre.

Status
Not open for further replies.