• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Attack/defense bonus of a siege army?

DeletedUser14471

Does somebody know why some siege armies have an attack/defense bonus? How do you get such a bonus?

DeletedUser1081

I've asked that too, and still don't know. In-game support told me it's the same as defending armies (depends on the support poot or whatever they call it) but it's not working that way, is it.

DeletedUser

Does somebody know why some siege armies have an attack/defense bonus? How do you get such a bonus?

This link should explain a bit about how to level up your guild and obtain boosts to help you in GvG.

DeletedUser

Yeah, siege armies aren't supposed to have any bonus as far as I know.

DeletedUser1081

That link says they are supposed to, same as defense armies. And the mods I've asked about it keep saying that's how it works. But it's not what we see in the game - I've only seen one boosted siege army, ever, and only talked to one other person who's ever seen one. Something's not working.

DeletedUser

Just a theory then:

Extra supportpool gets added to sectors besides HQ, however if you have more pool than you need for the sectors, the extra gets added to your siege?

Nope that's not it.
We have more than 100% support available on a map, none of our sieges has any bonus. And we only have a HQ.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That link says they are supposed to, same as defense armies. And the mods I've asked about it keep saying that's how it works. But it's not what we see in the game - I've only seen one boosted siege army, ever, and only talked to one other person who's ever seen one. Something's not working.

Well, at least I was accurate in how it should work. :)

If people have more information from in the game on how it does work, then that would be really useful.

DeletedUser100341

Related question. Probably not for the siege army, but if I have a Zeus, which unfortunately I don't yet, does my attacking army get the attack/defense bonus from my GB?

DeletedUser1081

Well, at least I was accurate in how it should work. :)
If people have more information from in the game on how it does work, then that would be really useful.

Well ... all due respect but it's not clear that that's how it's supposed to be. Users' guides have had errors in them before. Sometimes we can't tell the bugs from the features. Anyway I've tried repeatedly to let in-game support know that it's not working as described in that link, and they don't seem to believe me.

How does it actually work in game? Very very occasionally one encounters a boosted siege army. The rest of the time the siege armies have 0 boosts. My siege armies have never had any boost, even when besieging a hex adjacent to my HQ (my defense armies in those hexes have 50).

DeletedUser

Where exactly does it say in that text that sieges should get a boost? I may be blind, but can't find it.

DeletedUser

From the Guild versus Guild! thread:

Support Bonus - All defending armies in a guild’s sector or a siege army can get a buff. That buff is called “support bonus”. It is calculated from the support pool, the support factor and the distance to the headquarter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Belcher

Corporal
The siege army is supposed to receive the same support bonus as other sectors controlled by that guild, within that ring. If you experience that to not be the case, we need details - specific age map, sector, observed support bonus, etc - in order to investigate and confirm whether the observations are accurate, or indicate a bug.

Without such details, it remains speculation.

DeletedUser14471

Maybe it's only if the siege is still there after the daily calculation? Because from what I understand from the explanation in the link, the bonus is calculated like the support pool, every day after the daily calculation. So, if you have no siege at the moment of calculation, maybe it doesn't calculate anything and it only calculates a bonus if you have a siege somewhere at the moment of the saily calculation. Because indeed, the very few times I've seen a bonus on a siege army, the siege was in place when the countdown reached 0...

DeletedUser

Maybe it's only if the siege is still there after the daily calculation? Because from what I understand from the explanation in the link, the bonus is calculated like the support pool, every day after the daily calculation. So, if you have no siege at the moment of calculation, maybe it doesn't calculate anything and it only calculates a bonus if you have a siege somewhere at the moment of the saily calculation. Because indeed, the very few times I've seen a bonus on a siege army, the siege was in place when the countdown reached 0...

That doesn't seem to be the case either. We've had a siege up for several days, there's still plenty of pool available, it's right next to our HQ (which is our only sector) and it has 0 boost. So maybe it's only the first day?

DeletedUser1081

That doesn't seem to be the case either. We've had a siege up for several days, there's still plenty of pool available, it's right next to our HQ (which is our only sector) and it has 0 boost. So maybe it's only the first day?

Zungate, can you post a screenshot of it with the 0 showing, so the mods/admins/devs can see the evidence? Please and thank you kindly.

DeletedUser

Zungate, can you post a screenshot of it with the 0 showing, so the mods/admins/devs can see the evidence? Please and thank you kindly.

Even better, provide the screenshot and all the following details so that it can be looked into:

The siege army is supposed to receive the same support bonus as other sectors controlled by that guild, within that ring. If you experience that to not be the case, we need details - specific age map, sector, observed support bonus, etc - in order to investigate and confirm whether the observations are accurate, or indicate a bug.

Without such details, it remains speculation.

DeletedUser1081

I've submitted a support ticket with screenshots of the phenomenon. The hex numbers are visible in the screenshots. I hope that helps work out what's going on.