• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Attack/defense bonus of a siege army?

DeletedUser

Even better, provide the screenshot and all the following details so that it can be looked into:

I'm playing on the Danish servers, I've reported it to support over there (we're waiting for a translated explanation of how it's supposed to work).

Edit, just got a reply from them:

It seems that siege armies "borrows" the boost from sectors surrounding the HQ. In our case we receive no bonus because we only have 1 sector. If we had two sectors, a siege on a third sector (adjacent to the HQ) would receive the same bonus our second sector has.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96867

We were trying to figure this out on beta about 3 weeks ago, don't think anyone ever came up with a logical answer as to why a siege does or does not get a boost.

DeletedUser1081

It seems that siege armies "borrows" the boost from sectors surrounding the HQ. In our case we receive no bonus because we only have 1 sector. If we had two sectors, a siege on a third sector (adjacent to the HQ) would receive the same bonus our second sector has.

Thanks Zungate! But unfortunately that doesn't explain the screenshots I've got - in that exact situation the siege army still didn't get a boost. So it's still a mystery.

DeletedUser2989

Seems a bit buggy, I've seen it work in some places and yet it seems not to work for other people in other places. Hopefully it can get fixed up because sieges everywhere should be getting that support bonus after calculation.

DeletedUser96844

From what I can gather (as I have seen it happen)

If you place a seige into a sector adjacent to your HQ (which is easier to spot) prior to countdown.. the seige army will get the same amount of att/def boost as another sector the guild controls which is also directly adjacent to HQ after calculation..

I cannot say about a seige being up for days because either the seiging guild wins the sector or gets beaten off within the following 24 hrs, so dont know if the calculations still stand.

If the guild is seiging a sectors not directly connected to HQ sector..they may not get boost as the guild does not have enough pool points to cover that seige army due to priority given to sectors closer to HQ