• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Asking questions and getting answers

DeletedUser

Other than posting on the game forums, what is the proceedure to get answers to some game specific questions? Is there an email address or PM we can send our questions to?

Thank you.

DeletedUser7719

Try contacting Support. One of the type of tickets are Questions ;)

DeletedUser4089

Though support isn't really there to answer 101 questions on the intricacies of the game.

And really, not every miniscule detail of the game is released, and it shouldn't be in my opinion. We have the basics, I think us players should try working things out for ourselves, not demand to be spoon fed everything.

DeletedUser

And really, not every miniscule detail of the game is released, and it shouldn't be in my opinion.

Whether a detail is miniscule is subjective. Some people consider certain details more important than others.

If it's up to the players to work things out for ourselves, then why bother releasing a user guide, just add the button and let the users figure out what the button does.

DeletedUser4089

Whether a detail is miniscule is subjective. Some people consider certain details more important than others.
Just because a player wants it, doesn't mean they'll get the answer.
Some people wanted to know the BP drop rate. Some things just aren't made available.
Soe people wat to know the ratios of a Wishing wells payouts. We don't get the details, byeordie keeps stats and tries to pin it down,

If it's up to the players to work things out for ourselves, then why bother releasing a user guide, just add the button and let the users figure out what the button does.
I wonder if that's why I said "We have the basics"
After the basics, put some effort in and things can be figured out.
Like exactly how battle points are scored per battle. Not released but I figured out the formula on my own and shared it with guildies.

DeletedUser4089

Well, we answer the basic questions, so I don't think I would use "101 questions" :p

Oh byeordie, we answer the hard ones too :P

But yeah, just wanted to try and help point out that every question shouldn't be sent to them, (especially as a lot of the time they're just figuring things out the same way we are anyway).

DeletedUser

Just because a player wants it, doesn't mean they'll get the answer.

No, but it never hurts to ask.

If the entity who has the information is unwilling to share the information for whatever reason, that's their choice. But I think it's only polite if they respond accordingly.

Regarding the battle points thing, that's good for you, you figured it out on your own, not everyone is as intelligent as you. Maybe you can figure out how the support pool is actually calculated, as well as how the goods requirements for sieging sectors is calculated and share it with us? We will deeply appreciate such information.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

honestly you get more answers by posting here in the forums. The email for here but just gets redirected back to here if its just questions about the game. I dont know what kind of questions you want to ask.... but the Altruists have direct access to mods and admins to help answer questions. But as Barti said though we cant answer every question. Like players most of the game play is left to us to figure out how it works than us having a dev in our back pocket whispering to us.

DeletedUser

honestly you get more answers by posting here in the forums. The email for here but just gets redirected back to here if its just questions about the game. I dont know what kind of questions you want to ask.... but the Altruists have direct access to mods and admins to help answer questions. But as Barti said though we cant answer every question. Like players most of the game play is left to us to figure out how it works than us having a dev in our back pocket whispering to us.

Thank you for the reply. I was referring to some of the questions specific to GvG in the other thread

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?24332-GvG-questions

If you can figure out the details of some of the answers to questions there, we will appreciate it greatly. The happiness and fun for many players hinge upon the details of gameplay decisions that have been undertaken by the game developers. Thank you.

DeletedUser

For answers to questions on GvG (and other topics), another option would be to ask in chat: you will probably get an answer pretty quickly and may get some theories from other players too, or what works in their experience. I've not been here that long, but from general game chat experience, you can get some good advice from players who are online at the time, including replies such as 'yes that worked - I've just tried it,' or 'that doesn't work - try this.'

DeletedUser

We've tried but no one could give us a definite answer. That's why I am looking for a deeper insight into the actual details of the gameplay. I was hoping that the always helpful and dedicated kind moderators / admins / altruists / community managers can provide the answers to these specific questions, either from their experiences, or ideally from the developers.

DeletedUser

We've tried but no one could give us a definite answer. That's why I am looking for a deeper insight into the actual details of the gameplay. I was hoping that the always helpful and dedicated kind moderators / admins / altruists / community managers can provide the answers to these specific questions, either from their experiences, or ideally from the developers.

I think we are trying to provide what we can, but we may not know that much more about the gameplay for GvG at the moment. We are certainly trying to pool information as fast as possible.

It might be a case of 'watch this space' and we will provide more information when it's available from experience and what we can find out. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think we are trying to provide what we can, but we may not know that much more about the gameplay for GvG at the moment. We are certainly trying to pool information as fast as possible.

It might be a case of 'watch this space' and we will provide more information when it's available from experience and what we can find out. :)

Wouldn't it be as simple as dropping an email?

Belcher

Corporal
Here's another consideration:

When you pose the question here in the forum, you are drawing on the collective experience of everyone here in the forum - how many players is that...quite a few I would imagine.

When you submit that same question through a support ticket, you are asking the question to one person who is also a player the same as you. That person has only received the same information which is available to you...so you are basically limiting the possibility of receiving an accurate answer quickly.

Although we do try to answer questions when we can, we don't always have the answers either...and "I don't know" is usually a better answer than giving you misinformation. In short, the forums are often the best source of information regarding advanced game play.

DeletedUser

Here's another consideration:

When you pose the question here in the forum, you are drawing on the collective experience of everyone here in the forum - how many players is that...quite a few I would imagine.

When you submit that same question through a support ticket, you are asking the question to one person who is also a player the same as you. That person has only received the same information which is available to you...so you are basically limiting the possibility of receiving an accurate answer quickly.

Although we do try to answer questions when we can, we don't always have the answers either...and "I don't know" is usually a better answer than giving you misinformation. In short, the forums are often the best source of information regarding advanced game play.

That's why I started this thread in the first place. To determine the best possible way to get the most accurate information as possible. The way to do this is from the very same people who generate such information, the game developers. You mentioned earlier that Altruits have direct access to mods and admins. I'm also assuming that the always helpful and dedicated kind moderators / admins / community managers have direct access to the developers. Evidence of this is also shown in other threads where it is claimed that certain information or suggestions have been passed on to the developers. Obviously there must be some way to get in contact with the developers.

You're right in saying that more players can provide better information than a singular player. However, this might just be the case of the blind leading the blind, since a lot of it is simply speculation given the limited data that they have. In addition, some players may want to provide false information as a prank or simply because they are unaware of the complex issues at hand. What is needed is a credible, trusted and reliable source.

I look forward to your positive response. Considering your past reputation and commitment to helping people in desperate need, I am sure that such a simple request will be met in the swiftest manner thanks to your professional and kind-hearted character. Thank you.

DeletedUser

The best way to get answers to your questions is in the forum. Altruists and Forum Moderators have direct access to In-Game Moderators, Senior Moderators and Co-Community Managers should they come across a question they cannot answer. I do my best to answer questions or verify answers and if you are unsure of an answer you have received, feel free to send me a message and link me to both the question and answer and I will verify or correct that answer - I can't guarantee or estimate a response time on that message, but I will try and keep it within 24hrs. Keep in mind though, no-one here knows everything, that extends to staff too, so if I don't know the answer, I will try to find out or simply tell you, I don't know.

The moderation team do not direct access to the development team. Sometimes information is fed through to us and the admins of course are able to feed information back through but for the most part, the Dev team work behind the scenes and release very little information and they never release information such as formulas, calculations or probabilities.

DeletedUser

The moderation team do not direct access to the development team. Sometimes information is fed through to us and the admins of course are able to feed information back through but for the most part, the Dev team work behind the scenes and release very little information and they never release information such as formulas, calculations or probabilities.

I'm really confused now. In another post there was mention about a certain idea that was passed on to the development team. Was the admin lying or maybe there is a form of communication that you are unaware of?