• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed April Anniversary Contest

Pyroxy

Private
The Future Era is amazing, the best era that I've seen so far, and my favorite. Battles are simple and fast when you have hover tanks and Rogues (together with a good attacking army boost, of course!). More importantly, I have space in my city (from all the technology research and campaign map expansions) for a lot of excellent event buildings and Great Buildings ... although there is always a need for more city space! I rely on those event buildings (and recurring quest rewards, with my Chateau Frontenac boost) to produce Goods of my era and the previous era (this is true in most eras of course). Producing a lot of Future Era Goods means that I can help out fellow guild-mates with the Goods needed for building The Arc GB, which is good for them and the guild. It's a win-win for everyone!

April Anniversary Contest

Fellow Forgers,

Come one, come all, for an event of the ages! It's not every day that Forge of Empires turns 10 and we want to celebrate. In honor of our newest event and birthday celebration, tell us all about your favorite era, there are many to choose from and you can even pick the newest one coming soon, Space Age Jupiter Moon!

10yearlogo.png

In 100 to 150 words, tell us all about your favorite era of Forge of Empires and why. 2 winners will be randomly chosen to win 1 Golden Dice and 400 Paper Money each.

Rules:
  1. 2 winners will be randomly chosen to win 1 Golden Dice and 400 Paper Money each.
  2. The winners must have an active account on the International English (EN) server to be awarded a prize.
  3. Entries must contain 100 to 150 words or they will not be counted.
  4. Only entries posted on this thread will be counted.
  5. Any entry made after the close time will be removed.
  6. There is to be only one entry per player, and any player who places more than one entry will be disqualified.
  7. All forum rules apply.
  8. The Community Management Team is the final arbiter of the rules.
The contest will run from April 6, 2022 until April 15, 2022 9:00 pm server time.
My favorite Era was Future. This is because of the Arc and those lovely Hover Tanks. I used to be a Trader in the game. Content to leisurely move thru at my own pace. I am not one of those players that grabbed an Arc in Early Middle Ages. I was patient. And those Hover Tanks! I miss their prowess. I became more of a Fighter in Future Era, and learned the essence of FOE, and am now a better balanced player. I stayed in Future Era quite a while, simply because I enjoyed it so much. I am in Space Age Mars now, and still miss Future.

Khaleesi of Shamballa

TheFallenYT

Private
My favourite era is Progressive era, because it has the two best great buildings in the game, which make marketing them really effective

Zyrnathos

Private
My favourite era, despite not being there yet (will be in a few days!), is the Industrial Age. My reasons are threefold:

The first and foremost is its historical background. If it isn't already obvious to all, Industrial Age corresponds to the real-world Industrial Revolution. I find this period to be the pinnacle of human advancements, particularly how the invention of steam engine set the cornerstone for our modern lifestyles.

Followed closely is the agreeable aesthetic of the units. I have always been a fan of artilleries, especially those utilising gunpowder. Imagine my excitement when I found out the heavy unit, the howitzer, is more or less a mini-field gun!

Last but not least, the anglophile in me can’t help but fall in love with one of the two GBs, Royal Albert Hall. It’s a shame that the enormous size deters most players from even considering it.

grooveking

Private
My favorite Era is the Early Middle Ages - it is the age, early in the game, that provides enough military strength to compete effectively in both GE and GBG events. Participation in these weekly events is critical to obtaining the much-needed extra Forge Points for the development of the Great Buildings in our cities and thus progress much more effectively in the growth of my city. It is also the first age where involvement in a Guild shows the other Guild members that you are serious about sharing and helping each other grow both our cities and our understanding of how to best play this game.

Annevik

Private
I like the late Middle age the most. That's how far I am. I have made alle the mistakes there is, and even some more haha. I have almost given up, and deleted a few cities. But now, I love the game, I did'nt give up, and It is working so well now. I have talked so much about this game, so my son began to play too. He is very smart, and now he can help me. By luck we can be friends too, and I gave him som FPs.

romeo-rainy

Corporal
My favorite Era is the high middle age, the buildings would be much darker and more rectangular compared to eras before. It is the first age to not have any research technologies that unlock activities (like GE and GVG). It is also the age I am in and the age that you can not be able to fight NPC in the PVP tower. The story line for the age is also very interesting. All of the characters in the main questline look a little more different. I don't know why, I have a bias to the age too.

Rossignolini

Private
My favourite era is iron age. The battles are easy. The goods are inexpensive. Hardly ever get plundered. You can take part in the Guild Expedition and Battlegrounds. The only drawback is not being able to use the Antiques dealer. My inventory is overflowing!

OldCronkie

Private
My favourite (you can tell from my spelling where I'm from!) is the PostModern age. It's very challenging, but it feels as if suddenly everything has moved up a level. The rewards are getting greater, all my GBs are producing more as I update them, and although I didn't set out to fight loads of battles, I'm doing much more in PvP and GBG. Using all my upgrades from Inventory and the Tavern, my army is a total of 600%, which means that provided I don't fight too often, and don't take on folk who are +300 on PvP, I can win a good proportion of battles. I've also managed to get my city looking less like a grey mass of factories, and more like a proper city, with green spaces and some watery features. Thank you, Inno team! Plus, I haven’t spent a penny on diamonds….

My favourite era is Early Middle Ages because it’s a good place to camp, gather resources and learn the game before progressing up. This era allows you access to the main features of the game, like the AD, settlements etc and is challenging but not that hard that you find the game unenjoyable. EMA also has access to a good number of expansions from campaign, medals and tech tree so you can build a decent size city for fighting and levelling up. I have been in EMA for several months and I think it’s the best era; its only missing a spaceport :D

Mastock

Private
My favourite era is the Progressive one as it was the newest when I started and I so wanted to get there because the poster picture was amazing. I thought it would take me forever and I completed it ages ago. It was a special moment and I loved the architecture. If I had time I would start again in another world.

cjlcjlcjl

Private
Well when I started the games and it grow. I did not like the set up. I stayed and grow some more and start liking the game. Now its addicted can not stay away. Want to see more grow more and having fun.

TheOldManse

Private
The Early Middle Ages are great because the catapult is just awesome, you have a lot of the functionality unlocked and it's the time when your great buildings start to come into their own, making some of the challenges much more fun. It is also early enough in the game that things are still reasonably cheap, such as buying extra turns in the Guild Expedition, and some of the mechanics of the game start to make sense. Having said that, I'm looking forward to trying later eras too. Thanks for the game Inno Games, and here's to the next 10 years!

Shawanda5683

Private
My favourite age is the early Middle Ages, I love this game I play everyday all day! It’s very addicting, what I love about this game: I love building and earning supplies to get new stuff for the game, especially the special event buildings, also fighting and earning the rewards, I hate the plundering though lol only when it’s mine, the Stone Age was the easiest, I am at the high Middle Ages, I wish I would of stayed at the Iron Age, it’s hard to earn the blue prints that I need to build the great buildings that I need, I aged way to fast without doing the ground work. I hope I win !! Thank you for this awesome game !!

My favourite Era is Colonial. I think the main reason is that this Era was a turning point in the game for me. I am a relatively new player to FOE and after about 5 months I reached Colonial Age. I had primarily concentrated on obtaining land but found it to be a bit of a struggle in the previous Eras. In Colonial I received more event buildings and as a consequence was able to obtain more land and suppiies buildings. From that point onward I received more coins, supplies and forge points. This was the turning point. After Colonial Era, it felt like I was finally starting to move ahead in the game and I enjoyed it more.

119 Words.