• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed April Anniversary Contest

Long arm

Private
I am currently in Arctic Future (AF) and so far my favorite age in Forge of Empires is Future Era (FE) and here is why.

Mainly because of fighting. When it comes to fighting hover tanks, in my opinion, have no equal so far, except maybe AA unit from Contemporary Era. With hover tanks in FE I could easily finish all four levels of guild expedition (GE) without having to worry which type of units I am facing. I am even using them in FE for a couple of fights on 4th level.

When it comes to fighting in guild battlegrounds it’s the same. With hover tanks I just fight until my attrition runs up to high. I can still do this in AF with battle fortress but because of GE FE is my favorite.

Nampara

Private
My favourite era is the Colonial age. I liked the look of the buildings and also the fact that they were not too costly to build even though the previous eras were less costly. In the Colonial age, the time to build is not too long and one can start producing and collecting quite quickly. In addition, the buildings are not too large and therefore the player can get many buildings in a relatively small space and therefore planning one’s city is quite easy. The houses allow the player to maintain a good population. I also liked the different research options which were not too difficult or time consuming to complete.

Ev4ma

Captain
The postmodern Era is the best age because you can fight in most GvG eras peacefully and you can breeze through quests as well as the fact it's a good era to focus on developing your city before you make the jump to the next era. It is easy to get hovers in PME meaning that you will have less to worry about GE and losing troops in BG. And you'll be able to help your guild fight in the most important era FE. Your hoodies will have decent supplies to plunder and you will be able to fully show your ability as a fighter in GBG and GvG. You can make an impact on your guild's prestige earned in GvG because you can easily access higher-era troops via the continent map. As well as GvG, it's easier to help your guild in GBG due to the troops are supreme.

^Exactly 150 words.

Supermum1

Private
My favourite era is always the current one I am in, as I enjoy the new challenges and the way the game changes, so now I am in Space Age Venus, and that is now my favourite :)

Raksha098

Private
It’s so hard to choose my favourite era in Forge of Empires as there’s so many ares with special things added, but looking back I think it‘s got to be near the beginning for me, so I’m choosing Iron Age because you’ve already learned the basics of the game in Stone Age and Bronze Age, and now so much more opens up. Not only do your houses upgrade to tiled roofs but your army grows stronger. Something called the Guild Expedition opens up, and now you can uncover treasure to help you go through the game, there’s the Daily Challenge that’ll help you progress through your era, PVP gives you battles with neighbours and more resource, and then there’s Cultural Settlement with its mini game in the game, where you make another settlement to earn brilliant buildings that’ll help in your main game. Just wonderfu.

Archaeo

Private
The stone age. Studied archaeology at university and particular interested in Mesolithic & Neolithic periods. This Era is facinating as people were inventive and ceeative using fewer resource to hand than later Eras. Playing this Era reminds me of visits to Orkney's fantastic stone age sites.

Feral

Private
My favorite age is the Iron Age, it is challenging, the game configuration is amazing and it definitely prepares the player for more advanced Eras. Battles are very interesting due to terrain & unit types. keep it up guys !
thanks

schnogri

Private
The Late Middle ages has been my favourite so far :) I LOVE the graphics of the additionally available produce buildings. I've reached a stage where planning makes for a really enjoyable game!

FGRTommo

Private
I have liked the Colonial Age best so far. It has attractive buildings, interesting combat units and enough scope for city expansion to enable event building use. All the ages so far have had their high points.

Mighty Mite

Private
I'm now in Industrial, and I would definitely select Early Middle Ages as my favorite era (up to now). It is the Era where I spent more than a year figuring out the basics of the game and establishing my city, and after a few false starts, where I found the guild that I've been with ever since. I found Early Middle Ages to be far enough up the Era ladder to have enough land (as long as you're active in the Continent Map) to build all the basic Great Buildings and still have room for all, or most, of the Event Buildings, at least for that time it took me to get a good grasp of the game. EMA holds a lot of good memories for me.

gopi62

Private
My favorite age is the industrial Age. its when i got most of my Gb's and also came of age in the game. After industrial, in fights, the Rofues play differently and not as frontline.

Miles Teg

Private
My favorite Era is probably the Space Age Mars in which I am currently. I like it because of how strong the Steel Warden (heavy unit) is. In all the previous eras I had to adjust my unit composition before each fight based on what units the enemy is having. Now, I just put 2 Steel Wardens and 6 Rogues and click. Next battle? Just take out the hurt units and put the fresh ones and click again. In a game where fighting is so important but the publisher doesn’t give us tools to make them easier (please read: less clicking and moving the mouse) it is nice to have a unit which has such versatility.

Rosik

Private
FE, Future Era is my favorite Era, because it has the best Great Buildings and army. The really amazing Hover Tanks I still use in Virtual Future and Mars. If I could go back in ages maybe I would be again in Future Era. Fighting with Hover Tanks made life easier and the game more interesting. Fighting became a pleasure and I started changing from farming to fighting. Well done Inno,. The Future Era is also the last real Era for GvG. The two Great Buildings of Future Era are the Rain Forest Project and the Arc. Both of these Great Buildings helped me a lot. After Future Era I deleted my Rain Forest Project, but the ARC is my highest level Great Building and its power exceeds any other Great Building!

Callum42

Private
I am currently in LMA looking over the fence at CA. So what is my favourite Era? So far, each level has surpassed the other, so I can say that the Era I am in is so far the best.
So my favourite is LMA as I can train Long-bow Archers who are cool and handy in battle. But, somehow, I can't help thinking those gunpowder weapons over the wall will be too enticing. I am looking forward to the day when I have levelled up my Great Buildings and secured a decent FP daily yield. I started with the intention of being a farmer and initially avoided battles preferring negotiation as the way through. Things changed by the time I hit LMA.

Lord Trajan

Private
I'm in High Middle Ages right now and staying here for a bit because I love it so much! Taking my time to load up in coins, supplies and goods while enjoying the Anniversary event, the GE & GBG and levelling up my Great buildings. The looks of the buildings are cute, my soldiers are getting strong enough for me to be confident in battles with all the attack bonuses I'm accumulating (in big part through all the special buildings I'm getting in the event!) and my city is beautiful with a whole section of greenery to the front! I have special buildings of different eras so rewards from different eras too!

My favorite Era is the early middle ages because if you get passed iron age you unlock great building contrubution and early middle ages unlocks anquites dealer which you can get a special item like once I found a druid temple selection kit in anquites dealer it was awesome.

I love the earlier and high middle age, while the buildings are nice and the quests interesting. I love the diversity of the game, , battle, building, discovering; I just wish we could mine some diamante for the game like we do for gold, stone etc.. And that we could win at the different types of games some land to expand more rapidly. There are plenty of coins to collect out of the buildings, but not so many supplies, it could be good to have some more too. The game is addictive.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
My favorite era to play was the Future era, and probably still is because it is the most advanced age that still has a corresponding GvG map to keep playing on once you've left the age. When the all ages map replaced all maps for new era after FE, the unintended consequence is no one can continue to enjoy playing in arctic, oceanic, virtual, Mars, Saab once they leave them, because the dominant factor on the AA map is always the current age (Venus now) and the older ages and older troops above FE become utterly useless except as cannon fodder.

Future troops (rail guns and hovers) and the overall aesthetics of the age from the sea life tower to the solar walkways, were all great looking, and the Arc and Rainforest are good GB's. Most people will say the Arc is the best GB in the game, and still others will say that's when all balance began to break. FE is also the last age that I really was able to build a city using houses, production buildings, culture buildings of that era to make my city match my age with the way it looks. Now there are so many event and special buildings, a player would have to downgrade to use anything that comes off the standard build menu. Not since Future era have I had a city that actually reflects or enjoys the design elements of that age. You can tell that the designers know this as there is barely 1 house, 1 production building, 1 culture building, 1 decoration produced for each of the space ages - and we only need those for the incessant and useless event quests that require us to "build" a house, production building, culture or deco from our current age.

Of the space ages, Mars would be my favorite age, but I don't think it's fair to even compare the space ages to the ages that came before. If there were a Mars specific GvG map to continue playing on after leaving Mars, perhaps that would be my favorite age instead. Mars troops were well designed, and it was a good age to play in with the new space mechanics, colony and ore on the maps. The more this is re-used the less enjoyable it becomes in Saab, Venus, and Jupiter.

Unfortunately, the addition of space colonies have made goods production in all the space ages and goods requirements for all things concerning "end game" players completely unbalanced with all of the ages that came before. Cities no longer have to be used to produce goods, and this leads to players wanting to group up in above-FE only guilds, which as I have warned before on other forum posts, has and will be a detriment to new players being able to play with and learn from established players. It's increasingly impractical to have lower level players in a guild with space age players. Yes, it can be done, but the half of the guild in Mars and above pays a price to allow players, especially FE and below, to play with them. The only reason arctic, oceanic, and virtual goods are not much problem for most guilds is because they had years to accumulate those treasury goods, that were not used for anything before battlegrounds came along to randomly hit the age of any/every player age in the guild with high goods demands. We still have 500K to 1 million stocked for arctic, oceanic, and virtual, even after battlegrounds has been out for 2 years. I don't suspect we'll ever run short on those goods, but we have to think hard about letting in more Iron, EMA, HMA, LMA, Colonial players.

From a game design perspective, PROGRESSIVE era is probably the best age ever made, all around, the troops are the best balanced with no one troop being a "ringer" that is used for everything while the other troops are ignored, the design looks the part, and Alcatraz and Chateau are 2 of the best GB's ever released, other than the game-breaking and essential Arc, of course.

Depending on your criteria then, FE, PE, Mars are your best 3 ages.