• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

antiques dealer

• Thread starter DeletedUser113423
  • Start date

DeletedUser111359

I'm progressive, they're contemporary. So more than 9k. But not nearly enough more.

Frankly, I can't imagine spending any amount of trade coins to get medals. Even on worlds where I haven't unlocked all the expansions yet. Because eventually I will, and then I'll regret not having the trade coins forever.

DeletedUser

I have bought a few packs when they came up for purchase not bids because they were cheap and I have very large {and growing} stock of TCs. Medals are one resource that I need as many as I can earn, win, buy or find.

DeletedUser110603

I have bought a few packs when they came up for purchase not bids because they were cheap and I have very large {and growing} stock of TCs. Medals are one resource that I need as many as I can earn, win, buy or find.

Yep, everyone has their own needs and for some medals would seem a waste of trade coins, but for others it may just be what they need to buy that next expansion.
Could also depend on the inventory of the buyer, 75k trade coins could be a drop in the ocean if you have 20 pages of other 'junk' to exchange.

DeletedUser

The cost was a lot lower than that and I do have loads of TCs and a stuffed Inventory. You're right of course, we all have different needs and I pick and choose depending on need and asking price too. No point in wasting any resources.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
My current auction on N-world; some goofball is bidding 33k TC's for a Mill of Fall upgrade!?:?:rolleyes:
It's not even a good building anymore.

DeletedUser96901

actually it is still good

0.33 FP per square and 5 goods at max level

that is not great but better than many buildings most players have in their cities

I bet you still have worse buildings (like SoK which has only 0.25, no goods and need more roads :P)

DeletedUser111359

Yep, everyone has their own needs and for some medals would seem a waste of trade coins, but for others it may just be what they need to buy that next expansion.
Could also depend on the inventory of the buyer, 75k trade coins could be a drop in the ocean if you have 20 pages of other 'junk' to exchange.

Except the people with 20+ pages of inventory of things to sell for TC's are the same people who have the least use for more medals generally. Those would be the people that played the longest after all. And have bought every single victory expansion like I have on En5.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Overall the Antiques dealer works better than I expected. The Gems added kind of balances out the many issues that could have been. It works slowly and steady and does not take much time to manage. Various items are being offered and often many of these itmes have a much higher value to lower age players, which ensures that not only top players benefits the most from this feature. Its not hightly exciting but it does the job.

DeletedUser111359

Overall the Antiques dealer works better than I expected. The Gems added kind of balances out the many issues that could have been. It works slowly and steady and does not take much time to manage. Various items are being offered and often many of these itmes have a much higher value to lower age players, which ensures that not only top players benefits the most from this feature. Its not hightly exciting but it does the job.

I wish the auctions functioned more like an eBay auction. Where you could set a maximum bid, and only pay as much as necessary to beat the next highest bid. Instead of paying whatever your current bid is, in full. In order to avoid seriously overpaying you pretty much have to snipe in the last 30, and fight it out bid by bid.

Galladhorn

Monarch
I wish the auctions functioned more like an eBay auction. Where you could set a maximum bid, and only pay as much as necessary to beat the next highest bid. Instead of paying whatever your current bid is, in full. In order to avoid seriously overpaying you pretty much have to snipe in the last 30, and fight it out bid by bid.

Yes, I would be an option for the Dealer – Could be made a Suggestion under Ideas.
(Remember the Idea Formatting );)