• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Anniversary Event 2024 Discussion Thread

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Once I got used to it the event was pretty playable last time and was quite enjoyable to pass some time.

The addition of rivals however immediately makes me not want to bother playing it to a degree, and as soon as I read that part of the announcement, it put a negative spin on the event before its even started. There's no need to be putting these two additional condensed time limited pressures on for the events. The events are enough.

The whole rivals thing feels like and is an additional method of gaining minor purchases and minor diamond spend from players from every possible angle. The companies now trying to chase every last scrap of revenue out of every corner. The rewards tend not to be worth the effort and we never even know before starting if it's going to be worth it. With the addition of Inno baiting and switching rewards swapping them out from beta way to often.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
I am definitely NOT doing the Rival challenges during this event. If I complete any of the Rival quests - great. But I won't bother actively trying to finish them.

I still haven't decided if I want to do the event at all, to be honest.

Nidwin

Sergeant
I may toss some diamonds into it as those 3 fast units could be handy. So 3 or 4 of those main event buildings wouldn't hurt in inventory if I need to spawn more of those 3 fast units buildings.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
# Anniversary Event Beta -> Live changes!
Hello, scientists! We want to announce some changes we did to the Anniversary Event after the beta test ended. Most of those changes are related to the Rival Challenges.
- All Rival Quests are now easier to solve
- We added several non-event related tasks to the Rival Quests
- The received rewards in the Rival Challenges have been reduced and some rewards have been removed
- We removed one Upgrade Kit from the Milestone rewards. You now require more Energy to get the full Metro Station
We believe that those changes will make the Event more enjoyable for everyone and we of course want to hear your thoughts on those

FYI the first round of Rivals must have been bad on beta, they had to ask players why there was a downturn in players attempting the second round.

New event, no QI boosts, why not?

You can't rely on settlements which each take months to complete, to provide the QI boosts people need in order to compete in QI.

Last year event buildings provided the blue stats needed for GE5. Can't be that hard to include QI boosts to buildings in the first event after the launch of QI surely.

Philodus

Corporal
The Urban Metro Plaza could have its stats relooked at, possibly restored to what it was in Beta. Doesn't look appealing as a main event building, besides requiring 12 levels for quite low stats.

Last edited:

suethegreat

Captain
Rivals...now this isnt a whine just an amusing observation...there are 3 x24hr production challenges so far in a 2 day quest. Yes if you have enough prods you can double up, or have enough finish all prods, or enough 6 hr time reductions.... knowing these are coming to try and coincide the quests is the funny part. I just think the devs are enjoying themselves at our expense lol.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Rivals...now this isnt a whine just an amusing observation...there are 3 x24hr production challenges so far in a 2 day quest. Yes if you have enough prods you can double up, or have enough finish all prods, or enough 6 hr time reductions.... knowing these are coming to try and coincide the quests is the funny part. I just think the devs are enjoying themselves at our expense lol.

There's another one later (assuming I dont hit another one to make it two), I managed to queue the 3 so they where at the same time and then had another 25x 24hr after.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Not even sure what level of oversight it was to name the gems (Wind, Water, Fire) and have the name information absolutely nowhere in the game (On mobile) not in any of the ? information in game, furthermore not bother to put the information in the announcement. There's even a little table on the cheat sheet that could have held that info.

It's like the people creating rivels had no other info or way of communicating what they where planning to whoever did the rest.

suethegreat

Captain
Rivals feedback that at 32 steps over 2 days with ever increasing ridiculously complex/large requirements even trying to double up you reach the stage of do you really bother/care? Just past point 16 and 25 battles required battlefields not open, expedition already at level 3 with fights and neg requirements another 24 hr prods yawn. Yes you can hit the hoods but really a computer game should be fun not a chore creating enemies that revenge then hit your gb's.

Vesiger

Monarch
Not even sure what level of oversight it was to name the gems (Wind, Water, Fire) and have the name information absolutely nowhere in the game (On mobile) not in any of the ? information in game, furthermore not bother to put the information in the announcement. There's even a little table on the cheat sheet that could have held that info.

It's like the people creating rivels had no other info or way of communicating what they where planning to whoever did the rest.
Water and Fire you can sort of guess, but I spent ages confused as to which colour Wind could be and ended up doing it through the process of elimination :(

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Water and Fire you can sort of guess, but I spent ages confused as to which colour Wind could be and ended up doing it through the process of elimination :(
Yeah green as Wind was a head scratcher. Fire and Water are easy. Since it's not labeled anywhere in the mini-game itself, I really would have appreciate it without the pretense of Elements to just call them Red, Green, Blue.

Anyway Green should have been Earth because like... grass is green? and the chunks look like rocks. No idea what pipe was being smoked when they thought chunky green rocks represent Wind.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
WWs and their shrink kits sell well in AD, might need the extra coin if the Beta reports are accurate of the changes to AD

silver witch

Private
I have so many more wind keys- there should be a way to swap keys even if its 2:1 or 3:1. This is despite using prismatic essence on green.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
This has always been the case with this minigame that you will invariably have more of one colour of key that the others,