• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Buildings Animation for all Great Buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser109385
  • Start date

DeletedUser109385

Proposal:
Animation for all Great Buildings, I thought about this after I wrote my thread for animation for Colosseum.
Reason:
To make Great Buildings look more attractive

Details:
Nothing really :)
Balance:
This idea will not have any impacts on the game as far as I know it, yes I know some people complain about lag because of animations but honestly I have my animations turned on at all times and there is NO LAG.

Abuse Prevention:
Of course there is no abuse prevention! :):):):)

Summary:
Overall I don't see any reason why most people should reject this idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser97688

+1 for more animations. So long as they don't come at the expense of fixing bugs, or introduce new bugs, or delay new features, or....

DeletedUser6065

Hate to say it - but -1. The idea is nice, don't get me wrong. But the automation feature causes so many crashes. I myself, (an I am confident others) have simply turned off the automation ability. Sad, but true at the present level of service the automations are a waste of development effort.
. . . mk

DeletedUser109385

Hate to say it - but -1. The idea is nice, don't get me wrong. But the automation feature causes so many crashes. I myself, (an I am confident others) have simply turned off the automation ability. Sad, but true at the present level of service the automations are a waste of development effort.
. . . mk
Automations?

Animation doesn't do any lag to me, maybe you guys have just bad internet connection

Guys, just keep in mind i am not taking waste of time as a disadvantage for this idea; is not like the FoE team has a million things to do, they are there to improve and fix the game.

DeletedUser96901

maybe you guys have just bad internet connection
yes that is true
but not everywhere in the world 100 mbps are available
even the good countries have bad spots

and not everyone has a super duper computer

is not like the FoE team has a million things to do, they are there to improve and fix the game
that is also true: improve and fix the game

but animations don't improve the game for me

so if you want it feel free to vote for it (we are in free countries. at least most of us)
but for me it is a -1

Vesiger

Monarch
Animations are like background music - their interest is short-lived while they're new, and that's about it.

DeletedUser15372

Automations?

Animation doesn't do any lag to me, maybe you guys have just bad internet connection

Guys, just keep in mind i am not taking waste of time as a disadvantage for this idea; is not like the FoE team has a million things to do, they are there to improve and fix the game.

But sir! they do have lots and lots and lots of things to do. So many bugs to fix and so much other things to add or change in the game. :)

DeletedUser109385

But sir! they do have lots and lots and lots of things to do. So many bugs to fix and so much other things to add or change in the game. :)
Animations IS something they can add to the game

DeletedUser6838

I'ts not a question about good internet or not, really, my connection aint bad or slow, but the big amount of animations that already exist every now and then make the flashplayer crash SPECIALLY if you use wind 10.

DeletedUser109385

I'ts not a question about good internet or not, really, my connection aint bad or slow, but the big amount of animations that already exist every now and then make the flashplayer crash SPECIALLY if you use wind 10.

That's why I don't use Windows 10 :)

DeletedUser106918

If you're having performance problems due to animations, turn them off. That's what that option is for.
In other words, adding this idea doesn't harm you if you don't like it, but it's positive for those who would like them. Overall nothing negative coming from this idea.

This won't slow down the process of fixing bugs, coders don't do animations.