• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

An Avatar who changes through the Ages/Eras.

• Thread starter DeletedUser112027
  • Start date

DeletedUser112027

I think that’s self explanatory.

I think it’s been shared before. However...

Make it a pay option. Or? A reward/diamond option.

I have chosen FoE to receive my monthly gaming dollars. I’d add a % more to see my Avatar progress with me visually as my city/cities progresses.

Cheers.

E.

Galladhorn

Monarch
I´m sorry to be negative and I do love Avatars and have even suggested more at times, but...

E.g So I pick one of the 144 available base Avatar´s and that particular Avatar changes slighlty from the lowest to the highest Era...
– That is 144 x 16 Current Era´s (not including those Avatars already existing) = 2.304 Extra base Avatars!
– which all
needs to be produced – That is an immense graphic workload with some considerable artistic challenges.

This may be far fetched, but concept wise it is to assume that the Avatar "person" would not live through all the Ages - which I guess is the main reason we get a few new Avatars for each new Era to reflect that current time in space.

On the side there is a few Vampire Avatars which "mythically" would be allright to changes through the ages.

(I am guessing that all the special Avatars from Quests Stay as they are).

Personally I´d rather see better Avatars – some of them screams to heaven for help " I do live in germany" and there are many Avatars that are SO German – particular the OF series is terrible in that regard, with a few exceptions.

But if the Inno Devs thinks this is a good idea I will support it – as long as I don´t have to do the Avatar variations....

DeletedUser112027

Are you talking existing avatars or player chosen?

Well, of course I’m down with the user created ones. Takes a bit of management by staff to constantly review, oversee and regulate them is the challenge.

I’m thinking more of the Inno ones. Like same face with different affectations as you move through time?

I don’t really know. My original thought was fueled by wine.

E.

DeletedUser112027

I´m sorry to be negative and I do love Avatars and have even suggested more at times, but...

E.g So I pick one of the 144 available base Avatar´s and that particular Avatar changes slighlty from the lowest to the highest Era...
– That is 144 x 16 Current Era´s (not including those Avatars already existing) = 2.304 Extra base Avatars!
– which all
needs to be produced – That is an immense graphic workload with some considerable artistic challenges.

This may be far fetched, but concept wise it is to assume that the Avatar "person" would not live through all the Ages - which I guess is the main reason we get a few new Avatars for each new Era to reflect that current time in space.

On the side there is a few Vampire Avatars which "mythically" would be allright to changes through the ages.

(I am guessing that all the special Avatars from Quests Stay as they are).

Personally I´d rather see better Avatars – some of them screams to heaven for help " I do live in germany" and there are many Avatars that are SO German – particular the OF series is terrible in that regard, with a few exceptions.

But if the Inno Devs thinks this is a good idea I will support it – as long as I don´t have to do the Avatar variations....

Ambivalence not withstanding...

+1

I think.

Wait... what?

E.

Agent327

Overlord
Well, of course I’m down with the user created ones. Takes a bit of management by staff to constantly review, oversee and regulate them is the challenge.

And that is why they have stated that will never happen.

I’m thinking more of the Inno ones. Like same face with different affectations as you move through time?

Seems to me a lot of work for just an avatar.

I don’t really know. My original thought was fueled by wine.

E.

+1

DeletedUser112027

And that is why they have stated that will never happen.

Yeah. Person. You are being pedantic. That’s Daniel Webster for butt. I get it.

Seems to me a lot of work for just an avatar.

Umm... no. They pay $250 USD to my son AJ in Vancouver, he pays his pals in India $25 CDA and wham bam, my little Avatar dude gets an up grade for the Ages/Eras.

Yes. It would cost to offer this for a number of Avatars, but, like, hmm, I said if you cared to read and process, I would pay for the privilege. Not a lot. But some. Like, say, 5 bucks.

Finally. We agree.

Agent327

Overlord
Umm... no. They pay $250 USD to my son AJ in Vancouver, he pays his pals in India $25 CDA and wham bam, my little Avatar dude gets an up grade for the Ages/Eras.

Yes. It would cost to offer this for a number of Avatars, but, like, hmm, I said if you cared to read and process, I would pay for the privilege. Not a lot. But some. Like, say, 5 bucks.

16 ages, 293 avatars = 4395 new avatars. That will keep them busy in India. After that they have to be put into the game and there has to come a system fopr them to the age they belong in.

Your 5 bucks doesn't cover it.

DeletedUser112027

Oh. I don’t care about anyone else.

This was just a suggestion for me.

E.

Emberguard

Legend
They already have avatars throughout the ages used for the questlines

It wouldn't be a big stretch to have one or two options that automatically change appearance dependant on your age. But it would have to be one or two avatars, not every avatar.

DeletedUser110531

They already have avatars throughout the ages used for the questlines

It wouldn't be a big stretch to have one or two options that automatically change appearance dependant on your age. But it would have to be one or two avatars, not every avatar.

Makes sense, I mean just look at the quest givers