• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Aiding from the Town Hall

DeletedUser110327

Is a ridiculously stupid way of aiding. If two friends are aiding from the Town Hall, they will never aid each other as they'll both be waiting for the other person to aid.

Please, stop this ridiculous practice and start aiding again.

Once a month, go back through your Town Hall for 6 days aiding, and then unfriend everyone who hasn't aided you in 6 days.

8-)

DeletedUser110327

People with a PC can aid all their friends from the Events Tab in the Town Hall. On a PC you can go back I think 6 days. On an iPad it's only a day or so. Everyone misses a day aiding here and there, everyone, it's inevitable, travelling, whatever, so if a dude misses a day all his friends who aid from the Town Hall won't aid him. When the dude comes back to the game after missing a day and goes through his Town Hall aiding he won't aid any of his friends who aid from the town hall because they won't have aided him. Stop it, it's silly.

The reason folks aid from the Town Hall is because folks don't like having friends who don't aid them, but aiding from the Town Hall is guaranteed to give them friends who don't aid them.

The way to clear out non aiding friends is to aid from the Town Hall once a month and go back 6 days. Then go through your friends in the friends tab and unfriend everyone who is still highlighted.

Actually, the real fix for aiding is an Aid All button.

DeletedUser96901

Is a ridiculously stupid way of aiding. If two friends are aiding from the Town Hall, they will never aid each other as they'll both be waiting for the other person to aid.

after accepting a friend request aid once manually

is that so complicated ?

DeletedUser112745

I can see both pros and cons of aiding from town hall. Just like everything has pros and cons.

One pro is that it helps to see which of your friends don’t aid regularly, so you can remove them to replace with a new friend who does.
One con is that if two friends both rely on the town hall to aid, then of course they’ll both probably never aid each other.

I don’t personally think anything desperately needs changing. With your neighbourhood and if you’re in an active guild, you should have plenty of aiders. Avoid adding guild mates into your friend list, because they can only aid you once per 24 hours, cutting down the amount of aiders you get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
If two friends aid from the Town Hall, they will never notice they do not aid eaxchother. If you do not aid from the Town Hall you will always be aided by those that do, so actually, you have no point at all.

DeletedUser96901

if you send a friend request and don't aid him after he accepted you are not a good friend and deserve that you don't get aided back
if you accept a friend request and don't aid him after you accepted you are not a good friend and deserve that you don't get aided back

so two people who deserve not getting aid from the other have found each other
great . couldn't be better

One con is that if two friends both rely on the town hall to aid, then of course they’ll both probably never aid each other.
and both deserve that because they started the friendship without the mandatory aid

DeletedUser111866

Aiding from town hall on app is highly limited as app displays last 80 events unfiltered without an ability to view more. So either this only applies to browser, or ... well, being second side has its benefits, but you will eventually run out of friends if you don't move to first side. Also visiting taverns does not display their tavern status regarding you, so I always use lists instead of hall to aid, tavern visits and attacking if ever.

DeletedUser110327

There is another angle to this as well. Every day my aiding time creeps ever forwards, from mornings into the evenings, until, eventually, I have to go to bed and leave aiding until the morning again. That means that regularly I have to leave aiding for around a 32 hour period. This means if any of my friends aid from Town Hall while I'm sleeping that particular day, I don't get aided. If I aided from Town Hall, they wouldn't get aided either. I don't like this aiding from Town Hall at all. It's silly, stop it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110327

If I aid an hour later every day, that's 25 hours between aids. If any of these Town Hall aiders go aiding during that one hour overlap of time, I don't get aided even though I'm aiding them every day. Aiding from the Town Hall is worse than silly, it's stupid. Stop it.

Agent327

Overlord
There is another angle to this as well. Every day my aiding time creeps ever forwards, from mornings into the evenings, until, eventually, I have to go to bed and leave aiding until the morning again. That means that regularly I have to leave aiding for around a 32 hour period. This means if any of my friends aid from Town Hall while I'm sleeping that particular day, I don't get aided. If I aided from Town Hall, they wouldn't get aided either. I don't like this aiding from Town Hall at all. It's silly, stop it.

You are totally wrong. You will still get aided, but same as you, they will aid you later.

If I aid an hour later every day, that's 25 hours between aids. If any of these Town Hall aiders go aiding during that one hour overlap of time, I don't get aided even though I'm aiding them every day. Aiding from the Town Hall is worse than silly, it's stupid. Stop it.

If you aid an hour later every day, why should everyone else aid you on time all the time. Only silly thing here are your comments. You have no idea if someone aiding from the Town Hall goes back 24 hrs when they aid, or further. You have no clue on why people do not aid you and now you have decided to put all blame on this. Does not make sense at all.

Quote: You are totally wrong, folks who aid from the Town Hall will not aid you if you haven't aided them at the time they aid, even if you aid them every day.

Sorry Haven't gotten the hang of quoting just yet.

I go back through my Town Hall- the whole 6 days, and aid people that have aided me during that time- on my computer, since my tablet only goes back a day or so. Sometimes it is just easier to hit that- stars and the chairs -rather than going through the whole population list- and then not getting aided back, along with guild and friends- who aren't in the hood.

So obviously I aid people who have aided me a few days ago, quite often. Along with hitting all others I owe a favor.

Edit--His post seems to be gone now?? Well it should have been reported anyway.

Vesiger

Monarch
The only people I aid from the Town Hall are people in my neighbourhood - every one else has already been done via the lists. I don't actively aid in my neighbourhood except when looking for Dynamic Tower goods, so if they don't show up in the last eight hours when I happen to check on the app, they don't get aided...

Use "reply" at the bottom right of the post and remove what you do not want to quote.

Thank you. I did that once by accident, but did not realize what it was. Copy/paste is hit or miss depending on tablet or PC, and doesn’t capture the other info. Now I know.

I also aid through my Guild list and Tavern as well. Basically free coin, so why not. Most in hood do not polivate, all the better for winning medals.

Last edited: