• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Aid or Visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser98465

I'd prefer different coloured stars for aid and for visits, so we can see who did what without hovering.
And as thanatos100 said: the "reciprocation" button should be split into aid / visit.
It would also be interesting to get a pop-out message to display what we polivated when we use "aid".

The only issue with a 'pop-out/up' is it adds another delay. Simplest would actually be, split 'Aid' into |Aid||Visit| and and add a subsquent column which shows the building the polivater did (could be abbreviated if req. as it's a summary). Additionally as there are in most cases some exceptionally and unneccesarily large columns, these could be compressed if 'display space' is used as an issue not to (I can guess that at least 10 characters can be removed from the interaction column)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think the idea of colour aiding it is good. (Aye, late on the post) I saw somewhere that someone suggested three different colour coding. One for Guild crew, one for friends and one for neighbours. Pretty good idea in my eyes, but how long would that take to carry across other worlds?

DeletedUser96901

I don't like having only the visit button in the event history if someone has visited me

but having Visit & Aid where I still can help the other with one click would be fine

DeletedUser

if this was changed then you would know that someone polished your decoration for the old reason (to be a jerk) rather than because "aid did it for me". Not sure how I feel about that....

DeletedUser

if this was changed then you would know that someone polished your decoration for the old reason (to be a jerk) rather than because "aid did it for me". Not sure how I feel about that....

Haha, I 'never' do that ... Actually that's true can I go back on the colour coding now?!

patrick3377

Corporal
+1 for the idea... also +1 for coloring and +1 for button 'visit' + 'aid' instead of only 'aid'.

I'd also add 1 more functionality: if aid polished 10 of your decos, a popup jump out on the screen with question:
'Would you like the Aid keep polishing your decos?'
When player answer 'No' then another popup will say 'Delete decos then :D'

DeletedUser

+1 - it is helpfull and if you want someting speciall to be Mot/Pol you will find out who is folloling your orders.About the suggestion of Thanatos about splitting the aid button on 2 pieces - I dont think it is necessary to make this change, because if you want to visit a player you can just click on his avatar, it is not required a special button and without so much buttons it will be easier to click.

DeletedUser101421

I would like to add a further idea......it would be useful to speed up the game to have an "aid all" button for the guild and neighbourhood only. some people dont aid as with 80 guild mates and 80 friends it becomes hard work. lets have one button and do all at the same time with one button press. this also stops the compliant that some peeps dont aid at all. if they cant press the button twice then kick them as a friend and from the guild. hope this idea takes hold.
Vods
leader Band of Misfits & The White Knights

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I would like to add a further idea......it would be useful to speed up the game to have an "aid all" button for the guild and neighbourhood only. some people dont aid as with 80 guild mates and 80 friends it becomes hard work. lets have one button and do all at the same time with one button press. this also stops the compliant that some peeps dont aid at all. if they cant press the button twice then kick them as a friend and from the guild. hope this idea takes hold.
Vods

As well as helping out people by manual P/M or AIDing you also have the chance to gain BPs. Manual P/M takes more time but allows you to target specific age buildings in order to try and obtain specific BPs. AIDing is quicker but the trade-off is that it does not allow you to target specific age buildings.

Having a one-click option to AID all would simply allow for random BPs to be obtained too easily. There needs to be an element of effort required in order to gain the BP rewards.

DeletedUser6974

i would rather see the Aid function to be "pre-set" for your city.
All we need is a menu perhaps under the settings where you would have the ability to set the priorities for your city.
theres basically a limited number of things that can be done to your city.
for example: Polish Culture, Polish Decorations, Motivate Premium Buildings (ie, Shrines of Knowledge, Hall Of Fame etc) Motivate Supplies and Motivate Houses. Just a simple menu to set the priorities 1,2,3,4,5.
Once all of the #1 items are done, Aid visits would move on to the #2's then #3's etc etc.
Simple fix.

Also, the Aid function should be disabled if there is nothing that can be Polished or Motivated rather than so many wasted Aid visits only to see
"XXXXXX has Aided you but there was nothing to motivate or polish".

If there is nothing to motivate or polish then dont take away the Aid button for 24 hours, instead tell the player
"There is nothing to motivate or polish at this time, please visit this city again at another time".
Simple fix.

DeletedUser653

+1 for the original simple idea of showing when a player has manually aided you or auto aided you. Simple useful and easy to do

DeletedUser99588

Vods

-1 to quoted idea. In total agreement with Mr.Beef.

Status
Not open for further replies.