• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: Aid Button on Friends Bar Jumps

DeletedUser99588

Between hotfixes, part of the social bar broke again. So while attempting to improve things for the update on EN, things didn't go as planned.

So your agreeing that changes were made without testing first. So they did act in an unprofessional manner just throwing it out there onto the live servers and hoping for the best without any thought or consideration to the playing community.

DeletedUser16026

just throwing it out there onto the live servers and hoping for the best without any thought or consideration to the playing community.
Except the hotfixes were done precisely due to the playing community. It is of course highly unfortunate that one of them reintroduced this issue and we hope that is resolved soon.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I'm a little confused. If a hotfix was released in order to fix something then shouldn't that hotfix be subject to testing also?

DeletedUser6974

I'm a little confused. If a hotfix was released in order to fix something then shouldn't that hotfix be subject to testing also?

and the bad part of all this is that they were well aware of the problem because it was on the ZZ server first.
The beta forum jumped into action to tell them about the problem and begged them not to release the bug to the game servers but as you can see their lack of respect for the players forum posts comes shining through brilliantly once again and they sent out the hotfix with the errors in it anyway.

DeletedUser6065

So, they are now fixing the hot-fix??

Isn't that sorta like redoing a vasectomy?
" Oops. Well I guess, hehheh, that didn't work so lets try this."

Are you doing the patient a favor?

. . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16026

Hotfix A fixes issue A.
Hotfix B fixes issue B. Unfortunately reintroduces issue A.

While testing is done, it is quite possible for something to slip, especially when the issue appears at a section of the game not related to the hotfix. A hotfix implies that the goal is to release the fix sooner rather than later, so testing the game as a whole is not always possible.

DeletedUser99588

This is why CM team cannot be trusted. They just skate around the issue rather than just admitting what we all know that this problem with the social bar should never have occurred and only did because the developers have no respect for the playing community and just use live servers to test their poor workmanship.

Darkstar will continue to huff and puff trying not to admit it but it won't change what we have all seen and experienced. All it does is reduce the credibility of the CM team even further. Remember these are the same people we have to trust to enforce the rules and apply bans. Certainly raises doubts for me when I see these responses from them trying to avoid culpability.

DeletedUser96844

I see the issue with friends list aiding is still not fixed... and there was a message about a sale on diamonds.

Was this a vague ransom demand from devs to get the fix done?

lol

DeletedUser4879

Why do I get that feeling that all the good devs left the building taking
the boss along....And the poor Monitors have to think up excuses!!:rolleyes:

DeletedUser101925

While testing is done, it is quite possible for something to slip, especially when the issue appears at a section of the game not related to the hotfix. A hotfix implies that the goal is to release the fix sooner rather than later, so testing the game as a whole is not always possible.

Something seems to "slip up" every patch since 1.52. It's becoming a common thing now.

Last time I complained about this same bug for longer then a month. How long will it take this time to fix?

Oh and why if this same bug happens on Beta (this is not the 1st time either) why push it to the main servers regardless? And then later try to pretend it "just slipped up", yea right.

This game is more and more about leveling GB's and just logon collect, donate goods and maybe aid here and there and that's about it. And now we cant even aid properly anymore.

DeletedUser4571

I find it unbelievable that with the announcement of new update on social bar all you can come up with is giving us old bugs back.....
This bug we have had many times already, but you do not seem to be able to fix it....

DeletedUser6065

' . . . While testing is done, it is quite possible for something to slip . . '

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds?
**see Chiara above if you don't**

. . . mk

DeletedUser16026

The issue has been fixed today. If anyone is still experiencing problems, please make sure you contact support.

DeletedUser4571

The issue has been fixed today. If anyone is still experiencing problems, please make sure you contact support.

And indeed its fixed again..
Excuse me for being a bit cynical here ;-) Lost track ot the times it was fixed in past ;-)