• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: Aid Button on Friends Bar Jumps

DeletedUser97199

When you click the Aid button on the Friends bar the action happens but the bar jumps back to the top of the friends list.
It happens every time. Refresh etc makes no difference. First time I've seen this and can't see any mention anywhere.
Seems to happen in all worlds.
I'm using Chrome

DeletedUser96844

I am having the same issue using Internet Explorer ..
I have seen a similar issue a while back, which was fixed quite quickly, but have also found no mention on forum.
Possibly a slight bug due to update today

DeletedUser99588

Only new to here it was spotted on beta but obviously not deemed important enough to fix before going live with update. Same old same old.

DeletedUser16026

Thank you for reporting this to us. The issue is known and the developers are working on fixing it, so hopefully we'll a solution soon.

DeletedUser16026

Hopefully sooner, but as they're still working on it we cannot promise a date.

DeletedUser100832

happens not just when you aid, when you go to mot-pol manually the bar also moves

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
Only new to here it was spotted on Beta but obviously not deemed important enough to fix before going live with update. Same old same old.
Actually this was not detected on Beta, mainly because the update went live on the main servers immediately with no testing involved. Obviously someone was not happy with their hard work ruining the neighborhood bar being undone, so they snuck in an untested hotfix to break it.

This was supposed to be the day of Remembrance, when the players on all worlds use the An-War avatar and don't fight. Apparently InnoGames has chosen to celebrate the day rather differently.

DeletedUser99588

Actually this was not detected on Beta, mainly because the update went live on the main servers immediately with no testing involved. Obviously someone was not happy with their hard work ruining the neighborhood bar being undone, so they snuck in an untested hotfix to break it.

This was supposed to be the day of Remembrance, when the players on all worlds use the An-War avatar and don't fight. Apparently InnoGames has chosen to celebrate the day rather differently.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...60-Social-bar-always-scrollins-back-to-player

DeletedUser99588

Yes that is the thread byeordie where it was reported and yet the bug still made it to the live server.

DeletedUser7719

I'm saying Rosletyne was right, the bug was fixed on Monday (if you scrolled up a few posts from where I linked), but it was reintroduced on the update day yesterday (hence why the player I linked to stated everything was fine the day before).

DeletedUser99588

Not really right because the update wasn't fixed before going to live server. They may have provided a hotfix to beta but that didn't get included with the actual update to the live server. Which is even worse because they had a fix but declined to use it.

So a bug spotted in beta and not deemed important enough to fix for the live server. Same old same old.

DeletedUser16026

The hotfix was introduced for all markets, but unfortunately the issue resurfaced from a different source. So technically it's a different bug, with similar behavior.

DeletedUser108179

Telling us we could use the "AID" button in the message thread must be a joke.
This is making a mockery of users. I don't want to polish some damn trees, flowers or Stone Age ****.
It worked before without scrolling back so why not now.
FIX: Reverse the update and try a proper update again !!!

DeletedUser99588

The hotfix was introduced for all markets, but unfortunately the issue resurfaced from a different source. So technically it's a different bug, with similar behavior.

Well if it worked in beta after hotfix what exactly changed to make it not work for live server? Are you suggesting the developers were extremely unprofessional and made a change to the update without testing it first?

DeletedUser6974

..... Are you suggesting the developers were extremely unprofessional and made a change to the update without testing it first?

sadly it seems thats the going method now, change it, throw it out there and see what happens.
must be as developers and programmers they know nothing about testing, debugging, testing, debugging, testing, debugging then release update.
just change it, throw it out there and see how the game is ruined even more.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16026

Between hotfixes, part of the social bar broke again. So while attempting to improve things for the update on EN, things didn't go as planned.

DeletedUser102896

yes it happened to me months ago and it is happening now stared from 2 days ago it is bloody annoying, please fix it