• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

AI Problem - Game Crashes When Enemy Jagger Target Is Out of Range

DeletedUser

The only common theme i've seen is that it's always when i use a Jaegar to attack another unit that has stealth capability but whom may not be in stealth/trees at that particular moment.

Amy Steele

General
It's not just in bonus areas or where Jaegers/Rangers/Units that hide in forest are attacking/being attacked... this was for the easternmost sector of Canturia and featured my HMA Fasts and Short Ranged, and EMA Long Ranged v the AI's HMA Heavy/Long combination. I was down to one Long and hit 'Surrender' - I'm certain I hit surrender not 'autocomplete'. The 'An internal error has occurred' came up, and before I could take a screenshot the AI's remaining Heavies had taken their turn and finished off my one remaining Long.

The battle result came up, obscuring the 'Internal Error' message. When I clicked 'OK' to dismiss the battle result, this happened...

Snapshot_2013-06-17_174908  internal error.jpg

The game then froze and I had to reload.

EDIT: When it happened before it was in Houndsmoor, this time was Fel Dranghyr. though I am pretty certain that on both occasions my units were in the upper left of the battle area, as with the OP, certainly that was the case on this last occasion.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7719

If you hit surrender before it was your turn.The outcome does make sense as the game finishes moving the AI before yours comes to actually surrender

DeletedUser

This still happening to people since the last update? Havent personally had a problem since.

DeletedUser4906

If you hit surrender before it was your turn.The outcome does make sense as the game finishes moving the AI before yours comes to actually surrender

I NEVER surrender, i'll take as many of the nefarious miscreants to the gate's of Hell if i'm gonna go.........:mad:

DeletedUser

Maybe i have observed another detail:

*I had happen "internal error" twice.
*Both times i moved a Jaeger to its maximum range, as indicated by the initial colored range.
*Both times i saw, that another additional field to move to was highlighted after i moved the jaeger.
*OK great, +1 range -> i am moving to that new hex.
*Crash, both times.

Third round of trying:
*I did NOT move to the additional hex, but stayed at the "old" max range.
*no crash, could fight and continue battle.

Uneducated guess: A bug with calculating/re-calculcating the move ranges between old and new maps. The unit moves to a hex, where it shouldn't be able to move to due to wrong range calculation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8813

*Both times i moved a Jaeger to its maximum range, as indicated by the initial colored range.
*Both times i saw, that another additional field to move to was highlighted after i moved the jaeger.
*Crash, both times.

Third round of trying:

Uneducated guess: A bug with calculating/re-calculcating the move ranges between old and new maps. The unit moves to a hex, where it shouldn't be able to move to due to wrong range calculation.

i can confirm this.... this has happened quite a bit yesterday,today i know not to try for that extra space it shows

DeletedUser7719

This has been reported in the zz server already, but I have yet to encounter this...

DeletedUser

*Crash, both times.

Third round of trying:

Can confirm, happened with a Rapid Fire Cannon here.