• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Agora/Neighborhood Forum

Surge

Brigadier-General
Proposal: Add a neighborhood forum.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?: No. Keywords: Neighborhood forum

Reason: Often times I want to communicate to my neighborhood widely about various things. However, mailing people really isn't an option when the counter hits at least 25, let alone 80 neighbors. A neighborhood oriented forum would help people communicate with each other about Great Building support coordination and trading.

Details: Just add a forum like the guild forum.

Visual Aids: It's just a forum.

Balance: It's just a darn forum!

Abuse Prevention: IT'S JUST A DARN FORUM!

Summary: Add a neighborhood forum.

Amy Steele

General
+1 for this idea.

There have been several times when I have wanted to communicate with most - if not all - neighbors. Though I do see it possibly being difficult to implement given that with the new merge neighborhoods are not stable entities, and that shortly the fortnightly merges will recommence.

Maybe an 'All Neighbors' option on the messaging system would get around the problem better? (Think I have seen that one suggested somewhere before though I'm not sure where). That way it is easy to have a single message thread and just start a new one after each merge.

DeletedUser9168

there is a neighbour chat option - but i have never seen anyone using it! The chat feature loses all info every time you have to refresh, which is so often, that it makes it pretty useless for much communication

Amy Steele

General
there is a neighbour chat option - but i have never seen anyone using it! The chat feature loses all info every time you have to refresh, which is so often, that it makes it pretty useless for much communication

And it's hit or miss in chat whether anyone else is there when you are - a neighbourhood forum or all neighbours message option gets around that problem to a certain extent (though granted not all neighbours will read/participate in a forum, at least for important communications this will reach more neighbours than chat does).

Surge

Brigadier-General
The chat never gives you any notification when someone has sent a message. Plus, just as jampots said, all information is wiped upon refreshing or relogging. A forum would get a notification (the glowy thing) and keeps on record. Sort of. Until there is a neighborhood merge.

DeletedUser7719

I'll remain undecided as I don't go to my neighbors for anything but to attack.