• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: After Battle: Plunder/no-plunder option

DeletedUser1983

Proposal:

After a successful battle, one gets an option to visit a city to plunder or go back to the city straight after the battle.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Yes, can't find anything similar, but historically my search abilities haven't been top class.

Reason:

The game uses flash, when you visit another player's city, it gets loaded into flash memory. Once you have visited enough cities (in my case, after battles) flash memory exceeds the limit allowed by your system and the game crashes.

Details:

Once a player has won the battle, he is given an option to visit the defender's city for plunder (option could be displayed next to the battle results screen). As mentioned in the reason above, flash memory depends on how many cities you visit even with disabled animations, etc. If I don't want to plunder a player's city who has been putting up decent defenses (a practice followed by many players on each server), I can just go back to my city and avoid loading that player's city into my flash's memory. Once this feature is introduced, the number of complaints about crashes will reduce to a much more tolerable level!

Visual Aids:

I am bad at visual aids, all we need is an option on the battle results screen to visit the defender's city or go back to your own city.

Balance:

No change to the current situation. Everyone gets to fight, plunder, etc as usual.

Abuse Prevention:

No scope for abuse.

Summary:

Give an option for not visiting defender's city rather than taking the attacker to the city as a default action after a successful battle. This update will improve the gaming experience of thousands of players. This is will also save a lot of time and bandwidth wasted in those cities to load.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2362

Excellent and much needed idea to prevent the constant crashing

DeletedUser

Actually, this has been suggested. Funny enough knock, I believe it was Terra that suggested it. I'll have to find the thread. But still a good idea none the less.

DeletedUser

Yeah this one has definitely been suggested, at first I thought someone had brought that thread back from the grave with a new post lol I tried to track it down but got bored, good idea though, then and now.

DeletedUser

+1 and -1

The suggestion itself is very good. However, it's just a quick-fix for the main problem. In other words, instead of correcting the problem itself, this suggestion just offers a way around it, that will still don't stop the game from crashing.

The reason why the game is crashing is because there's one or multiple memoryleaks in the code. This means that when loading the graphics from a new village, the previous village's graphics don't get 100% released. The resources that don't get released, stacks in the memory for each village you load, which finally results in an "out-of-memory" crash. Let's explain this by an example:

Loading a new village requires 3 "X". The memory can hold 5 "X".

This is what currently happen:
We visit city #1. Memory: 0X (current) + 3X (loading) = 3X (current)
We visit city #2. Memory: 3X (current) - 2X (releasing) + 3X (loading) = 4X (current)
We visit city #3. Memory: 4X (current) - 2X (releasing) + 3X (loading) = 5X (current)
We visit city #4. Memory: 5X (current) - 2X (releasing) + 3X (loading) = 6X (current) <--- ERROR! No more memory.

This is what should happen:
We visit city #1. Memory: 0X (current) + 3X (loading) = 3X (current)
We visit city #2. Memory: 3X (current) - 3X (releasing) + 3X (loading) = 3X (current)
We visit city #3. Memory: 3X (current) - 3X (releasing) + 3X (loading) = 3X (current)
[...]
We visit city #N. Memory: 3X (current) - 3X (releasing) + 3X (loading) = 3X (current)

Therefore, I give the suggestion itself a "+1".

However, I will also give it a "-1" because I think that it's more important to solve the problem itself, e.g fix the memory leak, rather than just sweeping the problem under the carpet. If they fix the memory leak, we will have no memory crashes at all :)

I also did a visual aid for your suggestion knockpg:

BattleResult.png

DeletedUser1032

@Falcon93: Good point about the memory leak. However, even without the memory leak, it would be nice not to have to go to defender's city by default if I'm not gonna plunder it. Waste of time waiting for all those cities to load, and waste of bandwidth.

DeletedUser1983

Waste of time waiting for all those cities to load, and waste of bandwidth.

This is one of the biggest motives behind posting this idea. I will edit my post.

@Falcon, thanks for the visual aid, you're the best ;-)

Yeah this one has definitely been suggested, at first I thought someone had brought that thread back from the grave with a new post lol I tried to track it down but got bored, good idea though, then and now.

Well, this time I won't let this idea die and will keep it alive until it has been accepted for implementation. :-)

DeletedUser8813

fixing the memory leak would be fantastic ,but i would still like this idea as i dont need to visit the opponents city unless i was going to plunder.
so +1 from me as well

DeletedUser1983

If there are warriors in your guild, please popularize this idea so that we can get it operational soon enough. :-)

DeletedUser4571

Good idea, but terra has something similar indeed:)
great minds work alike? :D
it has my vote though so +1

DeletedUser1983

no more votes on this idea? come on guys, there must be several warriors on this game!!

DeletedUser6461

If it can help to reduce the flash-crashes by any (Repeat) chance; +1 from me

NB: I appreciate your perseverance though :cool:

DeletedUser

+1 If I can beat your defense I will usually plunder your city, but if you don't want to plunder mine that's up to you so +1

DeletedUser1983

Thanks Gross.. Yes that's understandable. However, to me having to visit a city only to find everything collected or motivated (hence non-plunderable) is an utter waste of time and bandwidth. I make enough coins, goods, and supplies every day to consider these puny. This way I can also avoid accidentally plundering those who are putting up defenses or fighting against the attackers!