• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Adding FP to Tower of Babel adds Population even though it hasn't levelled.

DeletedUser96734

• World: Houndsmoor
  • Browser and Version: FireFox 28.0
  • Overview of the bug: When I add a FP to a GB, it temporarily adds 150 extra population to my available population total but doesn't change the total population total. On the next refresh or contact with the server eg. collections or productions, the available population total changes to what it should be.

I'm not currently building any houses nor have I built any yesterday or today and my total population is correct for what I have built in my city.
    I'm not currently building any buildings that require any population nor have I built any today, and not counting the 150 extra that appear, the correct amount of population is being deducted for the buildings that I have in my city (including the one I built yesterday).
    However when the available population increases, the building menu activates buildings that I shouldn't be able to build as I wouldn't have enough population for them, (but I don't have enough free space to build anything else).

This problem only relates to GB's and only when I add a forge point, I can open them and view the contributors without it changing anything.
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs: Everytime I add a FP to a GB, since this morning.
  • Urgency: I can live with it, but other people may end up in a negative population "pickle" if its not just me.
  • Preventative Actions: Not to add any FP to a GB :(
  • Summary: When I add a FP to a GB, it temporarily adds 150 extra population to my available population
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum: refreshing does solve the problem temporarily but the problem comes back again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

General
Thanks for reporting this issue lizzyc632.... I have been unable to replicate this so far, though my Babel is on a different level. Is anyone else having this issue? Screenshots would be awesome if you can manage them :)

DeletedUser96734

Population as it should be- I can't build a cattle ranch.
1.jpg

Opening Tower of Babel - nothing changed yet
2.jpg

added 1 FP to Tower of Babel - population has increased - (you might be able to see the fading +150 under it)
3.jpg

cattle ranch is now showing as available to build - (notice Garages have completed)
4.jpg

Collected Garages - supplys have increased & population returned to normal - cattle ranch can't be built.
5.jpg

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Same thing happens adding FPs to Alcatraz on Dinegu.

Also happened when I collected from hatters.

In both cases the population added was +510

DeletedUser96734

At first I thought it might be directly related to Babel, I don't know what the added populations are, so I wondered if it was adding population on as though it had levelled, or it was adding up to the max number of population given for Babel.

But now I also gain the 150 population on returning to my city after adding a FP to (it would seem) any GB whether my own, in my guild or my friendlist. it only adds it the once, and only on returning to my own city (the 20 coins are added while I'm still in the other players city):

went to guildmate, added 1 FP to Frontenac, returned to city,+150 pop. without refreshing went to friends city, added 1 FP to Haggia, returned to city, pop remained the same with the extra 150 added.

refreshed, 150 pop removed, back to same friends city, added 1 FP again to Haggia, returned to city, +150 pop.

refreshed, 150 pop removed, added FP to my own Aachen, +150 population, without refreshing added FP to my own Zeus, pop remained the same with the extra 150 added.

DeletedUser7719

There have been random population gains in cities after donating FP, accepting a trade, or even moving/selling stuff in your city. The number gained will be the same number if you aren't building/selling buildings, and it does subtract that number and go back to normal at random times as well. It has already been reported to the devs, but I guess it either got there too late, or they couldn't fix it on time.

DeletedUser

I think this is affecting my ability to collect the Rinbin 'A Real Challenge' quest after altering my city to gain the exact population required. Whenever I added/removed a building the population altered by +/- 300, until I logged out and back in, however this screenshot is immediately after logging back in (but the quest is still not recognised as being complete, even though can just make out I do have the required available population of 1997):
Rinbin Challenge (Small).jpg

I do not want to skip this challenge, as it has cost me 1 king to meet, and will stall the development of my city - what do you suggest.

DeletedUser96734

If everything adds up correctly so total population from houses GB's +special buildings etc minus population from goods, production, and military is definitely leaving you with 1997, then raise a ticket with support for them to look at it. If you're right they hopefully will be able to fix it for you, or if not they may be able to tell you what you need to do to complete the quest.
To raise a ticket, right click anywhere in game, and pick contact support. If you can send them this screen shot as well it'll help.

DeletedUser

Thanks. I have raised a separate ticket for this.

I referenced this thread as well, so hopefully, it will raise more attention.

DeletedUser

I'm getting this new bug a lot on F as well, except it's +170pop whenever I donate to a GB (any GB). I'm at end of the tech tree so the only thing I can use my fps for is GBs. Sometimes randomly says that my population just dropped by the same amount. Very weird but appears to be mostly cosmetic, no significant impact. I don't see this issue as often on my other worlds (A,B,H).