• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Add mouse-over descriptions for roads in your own city

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser97688

Big +1 - I might also suggest that they remove the "no actions possible" text - this would make the window smaller and reduce interference

DeletedUser109132

I think this is a good idea. The 'mouse over' is very handy but as has been mentioned it can also cover up other items. Why not have the ability to turn on / off these descriptions from a menu?

Galladhorn

Monarch
Sorry but it would be a -1 for me.

Though in essence the idea it is right due to the fact that everything else has a pop up. But managing roads behinds buildings etc.and knowing what road is what road is simply something to learn over the long time span of this game. After a certain point in the game every player should have roads at Maximum possible since (Apart from a very few road types) the roads Iare static happiness "multipliers".

Secondary I would find it extremely annoying that roads would make pop everytime the mouse over would cross them - They are too numerous.

DeletedUser103370

+1
With that logic @Galladhorn, you wouldn't need tool-tips for buildings neither...
Instead in settings you should be able to control what tool-tips you wanna see, buildings, roads, etc.

DeletedUser110195

+1
With that logic @Galladhorn, you wouldn't need tool-tips for buildings neither...
Instead in settings you should be able to control what tool-tips you wanna see, buildings, roads, etc.
I have to disagree with you on that, we need to see what's going on with our buildings, what they produce is affected by multiple factors that can change frequently. What roads give you never changes. I also don't buy that it's hard to spot the difference in the roads of one age to another.

DeletedUser103370

You're right @Augustavian, but to know what you produce, you don't need the age of the building - which is there in the tool-tip too -
This is not a biggie, no one said it is, it just seems players expect it on roads as well.

ps. though in the same time let me disprove myself too, the exceptions are the event buildings, because you can upgrade them and get them in different ages.

DeletedUser110195

You're right @Augustavian, but to know what you produce, you don't need the age of the building - which is there in the tool-tip too -
This is not a biggie, no one said it is, it just seems players expect it on roads as well.
You're absolutely correct, I don't need to have it displayed in the tooltip what age the building is, unless it's a special building which can be any age. Apart from the consistency argument, the counter(which in my opinion has more weight to it) has already been presented; having a tooltip popup on roads would get annoying and quite frankly make the situation with trying to identify which roads need replaced worse, not better. What we really need is a sticks-only view, or even better a build-mode view that simply removes the buildings while toggled, perhaps anytime you go to build roads, the buildings should disappear from view entirely letting you see where the roads are, you should be able to tell by comparison to your build options which is which.

DeletedUser103370

having a tooltip popup on roads would get annoying and quite frankly make the situation with trying to identify which roads need replaced worse, not better.

That's why I said a simple settings checkbox would suffice, so you could control if you need it or not, but regardless of the argument, I see very little chance that this will be implemented in the near future - if ever - :)

DeletedUser110195

That's why I said a simple settings checkbox would suffice, so you could control if you need it or not, but regardless of the argument, I see very little chance that this will be implemented in the near future - if ever - :)
That is the sad fate of many ideas, good, bad and everything in-between. It all comes down to what Inno wants to do with their game, what we think is often immaterial, they'll do what they want, the fact that it's even possible to present an idea that they may consider is something most do not even entertain.

DeletedUser103370

Lol yeah, what shows that clearly is that according to Inno, FoE has more than 14 million registered players. It's just surprising that we have 5 comments/day in the forum isn't it :))) Sry for the off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.