• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Add mouse-over descriptions for roads in your own city

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9061

Proposal
When I visit another city, I am able to mouse over a square of road or track and get a pop-up description of the road type and the era. However, this option is not available within my own city. Would it be possible to add this feature in a future version?

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else?
Yes

Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
No

Reason
It can somtimes be difficult to identify which type of road you have in your city, particularly in the following circumstances:

1. When you are upgrading to a higher-specification road, it can sometimes be difficult to see which bits of road you have upgraded, and which you haven't. This is particularly the case when you change roads over a period of a few days, as you earn enough coins and supplies to afford to make the change.

2. When you are placing and/or changing tracks and roads behind large buildings (e.g. town hall), it can be tricky to be sure that all the pieces of road have been placed correctly, and that all the squares you wanted to upgrade have been upgraded properly.

I hope that other players would find this feature useful as well, and that it is not just me being overly fussy :)

Details
When you mouse over a square of track or road in your own city, a pop-up window will appear giving the road type and era.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
Not applicable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6461

+1 from here too.
in the early ages, it's very difficult to identify the type of roads with the color only. so this is a very good idea!

DeletedUser

+1
It would be nice to know if I still have BA roads when in HMA and a quick mouse over should tell me that.

DeletedUser

+1 from me too, especially since it is available when you mouse over another player's city but you can't do it for your own city
When I visit another city, I am able to mouse over a square of road or track and get a pop-up description of the road type and the era. However, this option is not available within my own city. Would it be possible to add this feature in a future version?

DeletedUser

I would like this. Have always wondered why I couldn't see this already.

DeletedUser

+1
If the option is available in other players' towns, then we should be able to see it in our own. :)

DeletedUser65431

When you mouse over a square of track or road in your own city, a pop-up window will appear giving the road type and era.

Prefer to limit the number of pop-up notifications. This would mean a constant pop-up obscuring part of the city. -1

First time I have noticed 'mouse' used as a verb. Like it, hope it catches on. +1

DeletedUser15432

I also quite like this suggestion for all of the reasons stated within the thread, therefore, I will also give this suggestion a +1 vote

DeletedUser7719

I would say +1 only if there was a delay after hovering before the tool-tip shows up (for the reason Starostin described above).

I don't know if I can describe it right, but it should be more of a delay for the first road, then instantaneous for any set of road hover over, but the delay time would reset if you hover over another building for a few secs

DeletedUser108047

+10 for me... everything else gets a label - why not this...

Spent ages wasted trying to optomise my roads

Status
Not open for further replies.