• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

4 Hours for 1 Soldier ? Really ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I dunno speaking as a player I think it adds better strategy. If it takes you 4 hours to build a soldier it makes you think... do you really need soldiers or can spearmen hold out ok for a bit longer. When you fight you take in more strategy rather than just sending the guys across the screen to prevent needless kills. if there is 6 balistas then use units that are strong against them. I know with stone throwers they do less than 1 peg of damage to spearmen so made a spearman army when I was fighting them. Cleaned them easilly without losing a guy.

if you come across something that seems impossible then believe me there is a way around it :P you just have to think it through... not just point and click. If it was just point and click with no thought this game would be pretty boring pretty quickly.

While I agree that this needs some strategy, especially with a turn based war system, you still need some consistency. It is a bit ridiculous to go from 25 seconds to 1 hour at troop upgrade. I was expecting slingers to be 5-10 minutes, calvary to be 15-30 mins, etc etc... This game is made by innogames right? Same makers of tribal wars and a few other games similar in style to this, but with crap graphics... make this about war and conquering and people will come and stay

DeletedUser276

each game is made different. If not then there would be no point in making new games. Now all of their games have to follow the same concept or logic. This game is made to be played over time like the others... bout the only real same thing between them. Doing the training like that makes you think hard how to save troops.. not spend them needlessly as I said before. This is a game to relax to.. not grind non stop if you dont want to.

DeletedUser

Greetings,

I don't understand, to I make a spearfighter, it is 20 sec, and a warrior is 60 min. I know, there are differents between spearfighter, and warrior, but I think it is not logical in the game! Without Premium Points, we can't make it fast! And many people say, it is a game, for different people, but is is very slow, and I think it (and many people) want to be fast :-)

sincerely,
Hetroxos

DeletedUser

dis is prealy crazy 4h for 1 :( i ges for the advances 1 is like 24h ??? =)))))

DeletedUser276

maybe.. but you can have multiple buildings to rebuild what you lost... and still have troops for another fight.

DeletedUser561

While I agree that this needs some strategy, especially with a turn based war system, you still need some consistency. It is a bit ridiculous to go from 25 seconds to 1 hour at troop upgrade. I was expecting slingers to be 5-10 minutes, calvary to be 15-30 mins, etc etc... This game is made by innogames right? Same makers of tribal wars and a few other games similar in style to this, but with crap graphics... make this about war and conquering and people will come and stay

Yes, Innogames did make this game along with Tribal Wars, Grepolis and The West. If you have a look at the 3 latter you'll notice that they are different games to each other in comparison. Just as FoE is, the basis of this game judging by the title and the indepth techtree in use. Forge of Empires is a game that seems to base itself of the growth and production of an empire like a realistic war back in the middle ages where kingdoms aimed to take over provinces and land in order to expand and grow your empire. The growth of empires also rely on war and battles which is based on battle strategy and how you use your units in battle, and what is practical for your empire, do you use cheap dispensable soldiers like spearmen who are quick to replace but aren't fantastic in battle, or do you use expensive useful armoured infantry that take alot longer to build and leave you prone to other attacks.

Tribal Wars in comparison is a basic straight-forward attack and defense game with some elements of strategy thrown around... (A game I sucked in. :P)

- Dk

P.S: Also I've only been playing this for less than the OP's soldiers recruitment time...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i agree stuck on 1 level, 5 soldiers and 2 ballisters. i can only attack it twice a day and i am stuck. does any one have any tips on what to use?

DeletedUser

I like the long time. It means if I successfully wipe out a player then he is put out of commission for a while.

You can spam spear fighters or upgrade to a modern army. Your choice?

I choose modern army, because I'm WARRIOR!

DeletedUser

i agree stuck on 1 level, 5 soldiers and 2 ballisters. i can only attack it twice a day and i am stuck. does any one have any tips on what to use?
I took them down easy with 4 slingers and 4 spearman.

DeletedUser

mine was much the same, move the spearmen to the bushes and advance as quickly as you can, watching the movement range of the enemy infantry, with luck you can get and use terrain to your advantage, i was able to slip down one side and deal with the balistas first, once they were gone the soldiers are easy to finish off with the slingers... if you have 2 horsemen they are good for a rapid attack on the balistas but you go into the battle knowing they will die...

DeletedUser

cara what set up did you use?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i try to use 4 and 4. i did it one like that and once with 1 stone thrower. I lose 2 units in the battle then another 2 by the time i reach the balistas. when i finally get round to attacking the 5 spearmen i have 2 or so units left. Could someone please give me a detailed guide to it?

DeletedUser

the times of building relationships with soldiers in chances of winning is not right
I must wait 4 hours or at 8 warrior's build or should I wait before I was 8 16h soldier's can build

that ratio is not correct if you go and then automatically converts attacks
you play in both worlds and attack with most best combination
and get in automatically as reports

it must remain a game and no lives work

DeletedUser433

I'm getting so fed of up of this stupid wait time. Waiting 4 hours just for them to die in 20 seconds, they cost next to nothing resource wise but take so long. Fix this please.

DeletedUser

There are alot of other things you could do aside from waiting for troops to add up. Yea 4hrs for just a single troop is not cool but you'll just get used to it if you'll stick with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.