• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

4 Hours for 1 Soldier ? Really ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hi everybody,

right now I'm in Iron Age and a "proud" owner of soldier barracks BUT you need 4 Hours !! to train ONE !! Unit ... :mad::mad:
Really ??
4 Hours for ultralow unit, which is gone @ the battlefield in about 3 turn max ... yeah nice one :(

I mean come on the player is supposed to fight something (and very often .. ), and not to sacrifice his hole life waiting for ONE battle to get all unit's necessary.

Give players something to do like fighting & building and so on, and they will love your game ... but really waiting until the moon get's blue, seem's to me not very funny ....
The magic word here is some ACTION ... which is very different from WAITING :p

This game really got some potential to attract the masses but with this timeframe the most players died from boredom before they finished the game ...

Yeah I know "You could buy diamonds to speed up everything" (you still need 3 hours then) - please place "BUY BUY BUY" a little bit more subtle into the game.

Greets
Funonline

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It'll get longer with each age too. If I remember correctly, the Early Middle Age soldiers take 8 hours.

DeletedUser242

Oh my... I'm not yet in iron age and already did not like the 60 minutes for slingers and the other units apart from spear fighters...

When I think about such durations as the both of you posted above, I suppose battle is not the focus of the game. But what is it if not battle?

DeletedUser242

I am sure there will be alliances in this game later on! That is a feature nearly each browsergame is in the one or the other way.

The problem I see is that you will fight less the further you proceed in ages. You'll only be able to do 2 or maybe 3 fights a day, depending on how strong the defenses are.

DeletedUser

I don't mind the long wait times because of how the game is set up and it makes you value your soldiers a lot more than throwing them away. That said I made 2 soldier barracks as having 1 would be unbearable.

DeletedUser

Indeed it is too long , but this post should be in feedback place , its there that they take take to account our oppinions...

DeletedUser

I agree, when we all 1st started way back at start of account we saw spear fighters barracks and thought "25 seconds! this is going to be a fast paced game" but once we started getting slingers and beyond hour+ it started to really slow down, i think the only way to curb the time problem though is build 2 of every military building you want including spear fighter barracks and basically always have them building new units.

DeletedUser

i agree the build times are outrageous and they plan to extend the ages even further just wait we will be waiting 2 days for a soldier eventually

DeletedUser211

yes, you have to focus on resources and ignore the entire military aspect completely.
This next stage i want to conquer has 6 ballista, means 3 of my troops are already dead before they can even attack.
So only way to win is to negotiate. And if you try, and fail, it is a lot of resources and time for nothing

DeletedUser

I think big problem is that we cant heal our units - only build new or wait for ages till they heal themselves. Although it would not do anything to waiting times but would make more fights possible witht e same troops.

DeletedUser

yes, you have to focus on resources and ignore the entire military aspect completely.
This next stage i want to conquer has 6 ballista, means 3 of my troops are already dead before they can even attack.
So only way to win is to negotiate. And if you try, and fail, it is a lot of resources and time for nothing

You can research ballista/archers or use horsemen, and failing still gives you points for towers.

DeletedUser434

There is so many bloody things wrong with this pathetic game it isn't even funny....THIS GAME forces players to spend money on it almost not a bloody option, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Huge mistake joining this pathetic rip off game......This game has blatantly ripped off another game called Sid Mejer CIVILIZATION.

The city starts off with too few slots to make a decent city, I COULD GO ON AND ON but THIS GAME IS BLOODY POINTLESS....

Is this developer who is designing this stupid game got his head up his pathetic butt...gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This game is supposed to be fun......AND IT IS NOT.......One hour for a low level soldier only to lose it very quickly then I hear it takes 4 + hours only to get it done again....

TO THE DEVELOPER OF THIS GAME.....

ARE YOU BLOODY STUPID...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You must be,,,,DID YOU ACTUALLY TEST THIS GAME OUT YOURSELF before releasing it as a limited beta?

CHANGE THIS GAME OR IT WILL DIE........BLOODY HELL.....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

DeletedUser

OK guys, take a chill pill. This could be called light flaming, and I don't want this blaze to get out of control.

DeletedUser

There is so many bloody things wrong with this pathetic game it isn't even funny....THIS GAME forces players to spend money on it almost not a bloody option, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Huge mistake joining this pathetic rip off game......This game has blatantly ripped off another game called Sid Mejer CIVILIZATION.

The city starts off with too few slots to make a decent city, I COULD GO ON AND ON but THIS GAME IS BLOODY POINTLESS....

Is this developer who is designing this stupid game got his head up his pathetic butt...gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This game is supposed to be fun......AND IT IS NOT.......One hour for a low level soldier only to lose it very quickly then I hear it takes 4 + hours only to get it done again....

TO THE DEVELOPER OF THIS GAME.....

ARE YOU BLOODY STUPID...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

You must be,,,,DID YOU ACTUALLY TEST THIS GAME OUT YOURSELF before releasing it as a limited beta?

CHANGE THIS GAME OR IT WILL DIE........BLOODY HELL.....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Maybe your just not good at this game... I didnt spend money , im top 3 of my continent , top 1 in tournaments with a far distance... admit it , your just not good lol

DeletedUser462

....well Genghis Khan was an angry chappie in real life, all good things come to those who wait!:D

DeletedUser506

....well Genghis Khan was an angry chappie in real life, all good things come to those who wait!:D

True, but he has a point. This is a poor man's civilization and its too slow paced and yes to get anywhere quickly you have to spend money, but this is only beta and maybe things will improve

Troop building is far too slow and you can only attack with 8 units. I guess this is to stop 1 player from ruining the game for other players perhaps.

DeletedUser

Maybe so, but if the military aspect isn't the focus of the game and perhaps it's supplies and gold, then it'll just be a waiting-until-the-end-of-the-world game.

DeletedUser

Hmm, I started this thread NOT to get some RAGEQUIT answers, like this above.
Sure I'm also not very happy about the situation, but please try to behave here more like civilized people (could be hard sometimes :rolleyes:) ....

The reason why I've started it, is to let the Dev's & Innogames know that something is wrong here :(
From all posts I've seen here, all players have agreed so far, that ingame times to achieve something are "a little outworldly".

So if there is any chance to get the times reduced please DO it asap.
Or let the game go out of beta in this state, with much less players then intented.
Which causes already enough problems in the beta, you lost a great amount of resources ingame (dye, stone, and so on), because of "dead players".

Most of the gamers wants to achieve something at the end of the day, when this is not the case it's called "work / job :rolleyes:"

Greets
Funonline

DeletedUser276

I dunno speaking as a player I think it adds better strategy. If it takes you 4 hours to build a soldier it makes you think... do you really need soldiers or can spearmen hold out ok for a bit longer. When you fight you take in more strategy rather than just sending the guys across the screen to prevent needless kills. if there is 6 balistas then use units that are strong against them. I know with stone throwers they do less than 1 peg of damage to spearmen so made a spearman army when I was fighting them. Cleaned them easilly without losing a guy.

if you come across something that seems impossible then believe me there is a way around it :P you just have to think it through... not just point and click. If it was just point and click with no thought this game would be pretty boring pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.