• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

2022 summer event feedback

Spartan08

FoE Team
Co-Community Manager
Hey there everyone. We have the awesome annual Summer event coming up - read all about it here and leave your feedback below!

PomPoms

Sergeant
It’s a shame the surprise boxes are ending with this Event. I enjoyed opening the extra goodies it contained along with the extra selection kit.

Darkfaythe1

Private
mmm, just read the event blurb and this "Piggy Bank' thing is seriously lame. Its a prize you win and then have to pay for on top of that. Now that seriously sucks!. Stinks of money grabbing to me. The shine just went off this event big time.

Arfwit

Private
There's nothing worth having except the lighthouse [ eleven lvls of rare object.] but you have no control over the game. Purely a potluck spin.

It's all based on how much will you spend on diamonds but even that wouldn't help with the lack of control. [It's rubbish]

I now see a stop button but the spin rate is still far to high almost 720 degree error which means it's still pot luck. I'm play on a 65inch screen and can hardly make out the colour for identification the error should only be around 45 degrees to give the challenge of hitting the mark.
Also why is the game so stingy it's a bonus event more coins.
:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

papashakes

Corporal
for a game that is so much about planning this event is the worst so far.. it's just so totally random.. no daily special to save turns and aim for.. no skill or forethought required at all just click away.. I started on winter event so haven't completed a full year cycle yet maybe another will get my vote for worst and most boring..

at least from now on I'm not forced to play an event to get the surprise box for the next one.. maybe I won't finish this one though a bit of AD fodder always comes in handy..

enjoy the game peeps :)

ianbbad

Private
I too find this game poor. I've only been playing since last Christmas so I might get shouted down for being too newbie to comment but my gripes are:
  • It's pot luck
  • you only get to play for free twice a day - not one doubloon has popped up in any incidents
  • the prizes are a bit crap - the others I've played had a serious opportunities to win 1000+ medals
  • the piggybank is a vulgar; it's asking for money
  • it's really boring and dull. (Although it's good that it is less complicated than the St Patrick's day game which had me baffled every day.)
Hey-ho, you can't win 'em all
xx

Puablo

Corporal
Is this what the game has come to? Not only ads (to create money), now you expect us to pay for the prizes.!!!!!!
You may not be aware, but certain people are rather short of real life money. They have money trying to keep warm or put food on the table. So yes I can see them spending money to get rubbish prizes from what 'used' to be a good game. There is nothing on the wheel worth spinning for. Suppose you can spin for the piggy bank - oh no that'll cost you money at the end of the day. So no thanks, no more like this, give a prize that we could all win for free!!!!

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
It does feel like every possible option to whack a payable option has been added to this event this year.

The additional top bar prizes are a reasonable cost for what you get, don't think they're overly priced in comparison to the value usually placed on them, provided you get far enough along the row. The forge fountain is rather pointless wouldn't build it even if I paid for the row. Time limited buildings won't be getting any space in my city, pretty new concept for FOE but a step backwards in my opinion why would I want to place something that lasts for 5 days? Are players moving their cities around that much? Target market must be players starting to play on the last month or so.

The piggy bank things seem to have been priced significantly higher but I'm assuming that's due to the extra main prize upgrade but an additional upgrade isn't usually needed for the first building so it's whatever value someone puts on that upgrade towards a 2nd main building. The rest of my line is filled with randomness, 2 blueprints, reef selection kits from last year, didn't add any of the reefs last year so why I would want some this year I'll never know, guard post selection kit which are cheap in AD so nothing remotely even tempting.

ozmuppet

Private
I agree with the above about the event being total luck. I've now noticed that you get told your reward long before your spin ends and it doesn't change if you hit the stop button at all.

Put your mouse on the newsticker when you spin and it will tell you what your reward is going to be, not matter if you hit the stop button or not before the spin ends.

I've tested it multiple times and the results never change from what the newsticker already says you get once you click the spin button.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I agree with the above about the event being total luck. I've now noticed that you get told your reward long before your spin ends and it doesn't change if you hit the stop button at all.

I've tested it multiple times and the results never change from what the newsticker already says you get once you click the spin button.

It's been this way since the event was first released and every year since. The button has never had an impact on the result.

Knight of ICE

Put your mouse on the newsticker when you spin and it will tell you what your reward is going to be, not matter if you hit the stop button or not before the spin ends.

The stop button is there to stop the animation. It has no influence on the result. The prize you get is determined the moment you hit the spin button.

Grof Z

Corporal
Do U know what would be GREAT Feat. for this Piggy reward ... and for U to make me spend these 3k diamonds ?!!

To have option to X on rewards we dont want - so we can remove it .. like blueprints, watchtower .. etc etc. and keep playing, until we have "rewards" worth spending diamonds

Capture.PNG

Dead-Eye

General
Well, two more weeks to go. Yawn.

That said, I do like the main prizes and spent diamonds to get one of each.

Zontan

Private
Just noticed that it says Summer Event 2021 (think some other event mentioned the pier which was removed at that time) - the oversights don't look great

FoE Summer Event 2022..PNG