• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

2022 Halloween Event questions and non feedback comments

Knight of ICE

Use this thread for questions you have about the event and/or any other comments you have about the event that are not feedback.
A comment that is not feedback is sharing your progress for instance.

Pyroxy

Private
I love the new event theme art (Tarot Caravan scene with two main characters looking at an Orb on a table). Is there any chance that event art like this can be made available as high-res wallpaper downloads (various size formats eg. 1980x1024) for PC users?

Keres

Private
Use this thread for questions you have about the event and/or any other comments you have about the event that are not feedback.
A comment that is not feedback is sharing your progress for instance.
Inno, in every event so far you posted an offer to purchase diamonds and get event currency as a bonus! Now for this event your offer is for event currency only. Why? No way am I purchasing only event currency! Either revert to your usual offer, or it's your loss :)

SkidSolo

Private
I can’t seem to start event without using an orb ?
I’ve got plenty of candles but can’t select them
Didn’t really want to use an orb so early
N.B. On mobile

Emberguard

Legend
If I had to guess? They're probably wanting people to have to spend everything at the time of the Event

If they bundled Event Currency + Diamonds then the best deal ($200) would most likely be something like Diamonds + 29% value in the forum of Event Currency. You would be able to spend the 29% and save the rest of the Diamonds for something outside the Event

Now, I don't have a screenshot of what the $100 deal used to be to compare with, so I only have the $200 package to go off of because that I did take a screenshot of (but it's also from the Summer Event..... so hopefully the deals are consistent enough across Events to be good enough to use the old Summer $200 deal lumped with Event Currency to compare with)

If we were to apply that 29% to the $100 package then you'd get something like this:

14,000 + 29% = 18,060 Diamonds / 1,995 per package = 9 packages of tickets = 5,657 Tickets total (from the old deals)

We're not getting the assumed old value of 5,657 Tickets, we're getting the new value of 7,770 Tickets but it has to be spent during the Event. Can't save it for a future Event.

Personally I do prefer buying Diamonds + 29% worth of Event Currency bundled into it. I too am in no way interested in buying exclusively Event Currency on its own. Because I would like the option of saving something for a future Event and not having to spend every last bit of it on the current Event.

I wouldn't mind it if they had two offers side-by-side. The new method and the old deals. Then we could choose which one we prefer

Last edited:

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
The mini tutorial must be completed first, so that means the free Orb must be used in order to proceed.

Matt999

Private
Some in our guild can unlock the premium buildings with 1200 diamonds but others are getting taken to a screen where they are being asked to pay (despite them having enough diamonds). Is this a bug or deliberate?

Matt999

Private
Difference here, both players have over 1200 diamonds (the unlock button in 2nd screenshot takes them to a payment screen):

halloween.JPG
h2.JPG

Matt999

Private
It appears to be different for different people. Some are getting event currency only and others are getting diamonds + event currency offer.

Emberguard

Legend
It appears to be different for different people. Some are getting event currency only and others are getting diamonds + event currency offer.

Thankyou for bringing that up. Now that you've pointed it out I've checked two different servers and now have a comparison point from both types of offers:

Halloween_2022.jpeg

US$50 deal: 4,500 / 1,995 = 2.25 x 625 = 1,409.7 Tickets + 420 = 1,829.7 tickets worth of diamonds when buying Diamonds lumped with tickets VS 2,650 of just tickets. Difference of 820 tickets ($50 deal)

(420 tickets / 1,409.7 tickets) x 100 = 29.7% extra tickets. So looks like the +29% was correct for the $50 deal.

So you are definitely getting a higher ratio of tickets on the pure tickets, but that also means having to spend everything during the Event

2,650 / 625 = 4.24 packages x 1,995 diamonds = 8,458.8 diamond equivalent - 4,500 diamonds = (3,958.8 difference / 4,500) x 100 = +87.9% equivalent.

11,000 / 1,995 = 5.51 packages x 625 tickets = 3,446.11
(750 / 3,446.11) x 100 = +21.76%

7,700 tickets / 625 = 12.32 packages x 1,995 diamonds = 24,578.4 Diamonds worth

US$99.99 would normally buy 14,000 Diamonds, I just don't have that package to compare with here, so:

24,578.4 - 14,000 diamonds = 10,578.4 difference.

(10,578.4 / 14,000) x 100 = +75.56% difference.

^ Working out Math in the above spoilers

A summary of how much you're getting extra in the deals when compared to buying without any deals.
Diamonds + TicketsJust Tickets
US $50+29.7%+87.9%
US $80+21.76%???
US $100???+75.56%

Citanicus

Private
If you already have the avatars in the premium reward line, do you get no reward and a waste of diamonds, or does it give you a different (missing) avatar ???

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
From the announcement:
In addition, the Halloween Prizes also include some older avatars, together with Forge Points! If you have already received them, you will get more Forge Points instead.
I assume this applies to all avatars, including the ones from the premium reward lane.

Emyllis

Private
They did something similar last event, when different players had different amount of event currency added to different diamond offers, It seems like Inno are trying to force/entice players to spend more money. This is making want to spend less, It would be a different story if everyone was getting the same offer

They did something similar last event, when different players had different amount of event currency added to different diamond offers, It seems like Inno are trying to force/entice players to spend more money. This is making want to spend less, It would be a different story if everyone was getting the same offer
That, or give people a choice as to which offer they would like. The way Inno is doing it now, especially where it involves real money, feels to some players like they are being discriminated against. And Inno is doing the discriminating. I doubt that is really how you wish to make people feel, so I hope you can come up with something better. (Please let me know if this would be better posted to the Feedback thread and I will of course oblige.)

Emberguard

Legend
It'll be interesting to see if the accounts with tickets only will have that for every time these deals pop up or if it's change between the two offer types. Last Event I got Diamonds + Currency until the last day, and then it switched to just Currency

Emyllis

Private
It'll be interesting to see if the accounts with tickets only will have that for every time these deals pop up or if it's change between the two offer types. Last Event I got Diamonds + Currency until the last day, and then it switched to just Currency
Last time on the first 1 day sale I only had the currency offer on the highest diamond offer on first page, I didn't check after that on principle. this time I have event currency on all offers but had to pay for 2nd prize line, no price for diamonds. Didn't think about it until someone mentioned it, as I was planning on buying diamonds anyway.

Last edited:
Some in our guild can unlock the premium buildings with 1200 diamonds but others are getting taken to a screen where they are being asked to pay (despite them having enough diamonds). Is this a bug or deliberate?
Hi Matt I’m the same have to pay €17.99 instead of diamonds did you find out is it a bug seems a bit unfair.

Matt999

Private
Hi Matt I’m the same have to pay €17.99 instead of diamonds did you find out is it a bug seems a bit unfair.

Not been able to find out - most in the guild seem to have the money option but a few of us (incl. me) have the 1200 diamond option. Maybe the difference is if you've paid money before, or if you did diamonds for the premium buildings last time, or could be just general A/B testing. @Kyrael do you have any info on this?

suethegreat

Captain
Do wonder how random the rewards for travelling through the fog really are or if someone has sat down and planned a progression to really annoy to be polite. From past experience I learnt not to rush picking up multiple stickers but always stopping when the next days sticker showed up. This year initially the gap between stickers has been relatively short. Today i used over 4 max sets of tools before the sticker deigned to appear. I had barely 600 tickets left so unless the next lot of stickers come like buses cant see the calendar completing without diamond send. Only upside of a very long trip was completing all the toys even getting Pete twice! That reward did give more tools however (and i didnt miss any dark fog squares before anyone says) Anyone else had this inequality?