• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

2 Lane roads being "connected"..

DeletedUser3707

So 2 lane roads have to connect at one of the four sides, and CAN'T be connected in the middle part of where two 2 lane roads connect, right?

Just wondering if it's a bug or not, because that seems VERY unfair.

2lane.jpg

DeletedUser7719

Seems like this problem still havn't been fixed, and PE is released on .EN tomorrow. I can only imagine the amounts of complains that this issue will cause. I know for sure that this will atleast make me mad when designing my city...

I'll let the pictures below speak for themselves (I think that you get the problem):

(View them from the left to the right for correct order)
As you see, we can't build a crossroad "between" 2 pieces of 2x2 road. Just imagine the problems when we are going to fit the roads with our buildings:

the road thing is not a bug apparently. It was intentional.
I think that answers your question ;)

DeletedUser1032

Dev1: "Lets limit tarmacs to even-sized chunks, allow only even-sized spaces in between, but make half the buildings odd-sized."
Dev2: "Great idea, mate! This should make peeps waste bunch of their precious city space. Unless they're good with Tetris, or really good at squeezing big stuff into tiny spaces, this should twist up their panties just a bit. Perfect!"

Me: "I'd love to get my hands on whoever had this dumb idea, grab his neck and squeeze."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Dev1: "Lets limit tarmacs to even-sized chunks, allow only even-sized spaces in between, but make half the buildings odd-sized."

So where's the problem with that? Any two odd-sized buildings placed next to each other will result in an even number. Besides, puzzling is a big part of the game.

Regarding the squeezing part - meet me outside at 12 (address to be found on our website).

Regards,

Anwar

Amy Steele

General
Dev2: "Great idea, mate! This should make peeps waste bunch of their precious city space. Unless they're good with Tetris, or really good at squeezing big stuff into tiny spaces, this should twist up their panties just a bit. Perfect!"

*Loves playing 'building tetris' ;)*

DeletedUser653

building on this idea can a 2x2 road join the town hall with only 1 of those 2 squares of the road
ie if town hall is 6x7 and made of those x's below and the road is the r's
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXXRRRRRRRRRR
...........RRRRRRRRRR

can my 2 lane road only touch via one of the squares because if I join the 7 side I only have a choice to join on the 7th & 8th squares and thus only have one square of the road touching. (Coming up for major re-planning!)