• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

#1 issue for players in FOE today and a chance to focus INNO to the issue

DeletedUser7719

Abysmal speed
Army Management is slow. No other word for it. It gets worse when you have been fighting for a while, simply deselecting 8 units can take longer than 10 seconds. This may not sound like much, but the delay is cumulative, meaning active fighters can spend an hour or more waiting for Army Management to respond every week. It seems that the delay is worse the more units there are in the pool, as the pointless scrambling keeps taking longer. This means the problem is constantly getting worse as players get larger armies. Since we can have unlimited units from Alcatraz, we need an Army Management screen that can handle unlimited units.
This is caused by the amount of units in your pool. On my lower accounts, selecting units is quick and painless, but on my main on Fel, it's definitely a pain. (Not saying it isn't a bug, but it will probably not have an easy fix)

DeletedUser653

Byeordie, I would suspect 75-90% plus of the things we hate are not offical INNO bugs, but we still dislike them and Rosletyne's post was a great post and I personally 100% agree with those points

DeletedUser98465

This is caused by the amount of units in your pool. On my lower accounts, selecting units is quick and painless, but on my main on Fel, it's definitely a pain. (Not saying it isn't a bug, but it will probably not have an easy fix)

Cause and effect.

The amount of units in the pool are bi-product of the cause.

The cause, is poor coding.

The effect is a resultant slow down.

DeletedUser7719

Byeordie, I would suspect 75-90% plus of the things we hate are not offical INNO bugs, but we still dislike them and Rosletyne's post was a great post and I personally 100% agree with those points
I never stated I disagreed with any of the points ;) Just the reasoning behind one of the bugs as the other three points are not something that I think anyone knows the cause behind other than it came with the new army management screen

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Only one major issue for me - SPEED.

Fix how dreadfully slow this game is, and problems like selecting units becomes a lot easier, even if the filters/scrolling/scrambling isn't fixed.

DeletedUser8813

speed and stability for me also...for far too long the fix has been do a refresh ...but these refreshes are becoming so frequent its is frustrating..

DeletedUser3157

My biggest problems with this game were poor development directions, awful performance issues, insufferably long time it took to respond to any urgent issues in regards to gameplay inbalances/problems(meaning issues with mechanics usually, bug response was better and usually didn't take 3-12 months) and total dismissal of customer feedback including the failure to identify value.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser914

Cause and effect.

The amount of units in the pool are bi-product of the cause.

The cause, is poor coding.

The effect is a resultant slow down.

This is really awful, because my army of unattached rogues and champs is growing and growing and speed is already really slow at the moment. Everyday alcatraz produces 8 and not even use 1 each day on average

why not a layout like this? Rogues x 500

DeletedUser96867

My biggest problems with this game were poor development directions, awful performance issues, insufferably long time it took to respond to any urgent issues in regards to gameplay inbalances/problems(meaning issues with mechanics usually, bug response was better and usually didn't take 3-12 months) and total dismissal of customer feedback including the failure to identify value.

Well said.

DeletedUser96867

As to the large number of army units, and the speed of the army management window, would it not make sense to stack units by type and health? The problem really comes in with unattached alcatraz units where players often have a very large number of just a few unit types. In many cases if they were stacked under the same image with a counter it would greatly reduce the length of the unit scrollbar, even in the case where you could need a stack for each of the 10 possible health states of a unit. Hopefully with such a design units would appear in order by health and everything wouldn't jump around with each unit selected.

There are many possible options to improve the design of the army management window however user friendly design doesn't seem to be much of a priority.

DeletedUser100341

@fisch, brilliant idea. In army management there are only two screens "Currently Selected" and the other one. In the other one have a unit type with health and defense and unattached. If they are the same stack them and there would be a counter to show how many of those are in the stack. When you select one to go to current or defense the counter goes down. Or vice versa.