• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

#1 issue for players in FOE today and a chance to focus INNO to the issue

DeletedUser653

There are many issue with FOE and hundreds of threads on them but we as players lack a process to identify the biggest problems, the ones that hurt us the most when playing this great game.
So I thought I would start a thread asking players to nominate what they would like INNO to fix as their biggest priority. This may be a bug, it may be poor design, it might even just be personal. But if we can all post what we think and get and general consensus on the main priority I am hoping INNO will prioritise this and confirm back what they propose to do to fix this. Hopefully, over time the priority will change as the issue is fixed and new problems hurt us.

Please post your single #1 issue, we do not need lots of details as there are already many detailed threads on 90% of the issues which will be raised.

For example, my #1 pain today is:

Filtering of Attached and Unattached troops when selecting troops for PvP / GvG fights or for defence, please allow us to select one or the other or both
One good thread on this is http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...hed-and-unattached-units&highlight=unattached

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
This is also one of my biggest issues .. please implement this feature ;-) Or at least order them in your Inventory.. Attached / Unattached & Fully Healed / Injured ?

DeletedUser6065

Not listening to the people who play this game.
Close thread.
. . . . mk

DeletedUser96867

All the major GvG design problems left completely untouched for so long, with no feedback at all from INNO even to indicate they understand there is a problem.

DeletedUser99445

A Place where Players from all worlds can speak without any comment, criticism, edit, deletion or warnings from the Moderators.
" A Moderator Free Zone "

DeletedUser

I actually liked the idea of this thread, and hope that it stays the course. The OP can feel more than free to correct me if i'm wrong, but if i'm not mistaken, I believe the OP was speaking more toward game issues, such as bugs, features that need adding or modifying, etc.

That being said, i'd like to add my input. :cool: Please, remember that this is speaking as a PLAYER and not as a moderator, and in no way reflects the opinions of the staff here as a whole. It is my opinion, and my opinion alone as a player.

My Request: For me personally, i'd still like to see more change/focus on deterring ghost/rogue guild attacks. I personally haven't seen much improvement in this area since the previous updates that were designed toward help stop them. My guild has been affected by the ability to lay endless sieges due to cheap goods cost as well as no unit cost. I regretfully admit that my guild has also had to turn to these tactics to counter after being affected by them.

I'd also like to mention that i'm hoping this does not trigger another huge debate of the subject. I just wanted to participate in the thread under the idea of stating what I personally would like to see improved as a priority - as HRC suggested we use this thread for. :-)

DeletedUser101925

I find it very difficult finding one issue that I have the most troubles with but if I really had to choose i'd say implement a better Event log for GvG. But a (better) Unit filter would also be highly appreciated.
Actually I don't really care what will be fixed first aslong as the issues we're having in general wich are reported will be fixed. Sometimes I wished it would take less votes/time for ideas to get implemented.

A Place where Players from all worlds can speak without any comment, criticism, edit, deletion or warnings from the Moderators.
" A Moderator Free Zone "

Honestly I almost pressed the "report post" button on you (again). Can you please keep it ontopic atleast?

DeletedUser99588

So I thought I would start a thread asking players to nominate what they would like INNO to fix as their biggest priority. This may be a bug, it may be poor design, it might even just be personal

Honestly I almost pressed the "report post" button on you (again). Can you please keep it ontopic atleast?

It is on topic he has just given his personal improvement suggestion as requested. It may not be how you interpreted the OP but it is within the scope of the OP's request.

DeletedUser101925

It is on topic he has just given his personal improvement suggestion as requested. It may not be how you interpreted the OP but it is within the scope of the OP's request.

Sorry but I respectfully disagree. I was under the impression this thread was aimed to get clarification on wich are the most popular game issues that need to be fixed not forum issues. Also he didn't suggest anything that isn't already there.

Edit: You can't possibly be serious that removing moderators from a forum is a valid suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

You can't possibly be serious that removing moderators from a forum is a valid suggestion.

I didn't say I agreed with it but it is in the overall scope of the OP's request.

DeletedUser100341

What I would like to see is GBs 1 click away. In our guild we have FP swaps daily and other GB support. Right now you have to drill down to get to the GB list.

Same for PvP scrollbar in the Event History.

DeletedUser99445

Sorry but I respectfully disagree. I was under the impression this thread was aimed to get clarification on wich are the most popular game issues that need to be fixed not forum issues. Also he didn't suggest anything that isn't already there.

Edit: You can't possibly be serious that removing moderators from a forum is a valid suggestion.

I believe the header is something along the lines of "no1 issues for players in FOE" and the forum is part of the FoE in my eyes and part of the game as I believe it to be the Main Game Forum.
That all said............there are certain elements here that I completely disagree with and feel they have no real place here when debates are raging about the general gameplay. In experience they are too restrictive and need addressing which is not going to happen, hence a request for a similar stage but without the threats and headmaster mentality.
A place where adults can discuss things through as Adults, without someone coming along with exaggerated interpretations and accusations.
Syphon, it's my suggestion, it's in keeping with the OP but it doesn't fit your agenda or vision for the post.
Report it then as you have with several others and not just my posts. Its of no surprise to me and just re affirms in my eyes the need for a more relaxed and Very Much More pleasant forum.
Then all the serious and strictly "on topic" stuff such as number counting, word games, etc can remain here.
My apologies if this is not to everyone's taste.

DeletedUser

A place where adults can discuss things through as Adults, without someone coming along with exaggerated interpretations and accusations.

Bearing in mind, this is a family oriented game, one meant for players of all ages. For this reason, I think you can appreciate why it isn't always appropriate for "adult" discussions to be left "un-moderated" as you have suggested.

DeletedUser99445

All the more reason to find somewhere for the over 18's to discuss then.

DeletedUser914

for me issue nr 1 is downgrading existing buildings that did cost money

Sp32

Master Corporal
I think the unit filtering definitely needs to be sorted out, especially considering everyone else seems to be annoyed by this problem, but I am unsure on how much inno actually listens to people here?

I'd like there to be a translucent guild-chat window that stays permanently on to help encourage the social aspects of the game; met some fantastic people so far.

I believe the header is something along the lines of "no1 issues for players in FOE" and the forum is part of the FoE in my eyes and part of the game as I believe it to be the Main Game Forum.
That all said............there are certain elements here that I completely disagree with and feel they have no real place here when debates are raging about the general gameplay. In experience they are too restrictive and need addressing which is not going to happen, hence a request for a similar stage but without the threats and headmaster mentality.
Syphon, it's my suggestion, it's in keeping with the OP but it doesn't fit your agenda or vision for the post.
Report it then as you have with several others and not just my posts. Its of no surprise to me and just re affirms in my eyes the need for a more relaxed and Very Much More pleasant forum.
Then all the serious and strictly "on topic" stuff such as number counting, word games, etc can remain here.
My apologies if this is not to everyone's taste.

With less rules/administration, there would be a lot more immature petite behaviour, I think your idea of creating a more adult forum would in affect create a more immature-like bickering kids forum. I believe you'd use this forum just to vent your anger towards others, I don't see anything good happening from this "mod-free zone" I see it more as a "flame here zone". This forum doesn't even have enough activity to need said section and your comments are quite aggressive as it is, I wouldn't want to imagine your thoughts in this mod free zone, or the things people would get told.

Edit: Come to think of it, I think having an adult forum would bring a certain crowd to maybe make the place a bit more social but then I can just see it scaring off the not so confident people. But then I also don't see what things would get discussed in this adult section that can't be discussed normally anyway?

Lol @ vvvvvv

Last edited:

DeletedUser99445

With less rules/administration, there would be a lot more immature petite behaviour, I think your idea of creating a more adult forum would in affect create a more immature-like bickering kids forum. I believe you'd use this forum just to vent your anger towards others, I don't see anything good happening from this "mod-free zone" I see it more as a "flame here zone". This forum doesn't even have enough activity to need said section and your comments are quite aggressive as it is, I wouldn't want to imagine your thoughts in this mod free zone, or the things people would get told.

Thanks for the Insults. Your post mainly serves to put me down and accuse me of being aggressive.
Thank You.

DeletedUser99588

Now we have gone of topic and I'm guilty of it as well. The thread was to post the idea not a request to discuss them. Feel free to delete my posts on this thread for being of topic.

DeletedUser653

Guys as the OP can I be very clear.

This was about game issues, game bugs, game problems, its got nothing to do with moderators or people. As such I humbly request that we keep on topic.

I honestly think if we can find some form of consensus here as to the top 2 or 3 problems we may be able to apply pressure on INNO to resolve them, but to do that we need a useful thread that actually helps us. Please lets use this thread to help ourselves.

I will after a few days try and collect all the thoughts and the number of players support those ideas and post it back here so theres something concrete to discuss

thanks - Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
I would say that the worst problem in the game is Army Management, which suffers from multiple issues.

Lack of filter for attached and unattached units
Everyone who has had Alcatraz for some time knows what a pain it is to find the few attached units in a long list of unattached ones. This is made even worse by the fact that the units are scrambled every time you remove one from the pool, forcing players to start searching for each unit from the beginning. For a long time the game has needed options to search only attached units, only unattached units, or both at once, and the problem keeps getting worse every day.

Constant scrambling of unit pool
Every time a unit is taken from the pool or added to it, the entire pool is scrambled. Units are sorted by type and age, but their order keeps changing. This makes it an absolute pain to search for fresh units from the list, or to select armies quickly. For a long time players have asked for units to be sorted by health and whether they are attached. It would probably be best to have attached units first, whether they are healthy or not, then have healthy units first.

Shaky scroll bar
One of many pointless fixes to the game involved updating the size of the pool when units were removed. This had the result that the scroll bar always reset to the left. This was fixed in the next update, with the result that the scroll bar shakes left and right when units are removed, unless you are at the far left or right end of the list. This is very annoying when selecting armies, and the end result is in fact worse than before the fixes.

Abysmal speed
Army Management is slow. No other word for it. It gets worse when you have been fighting for a while, simply deselecting 8 units can take longer than 10 seconds. This may not sound like much, but the delay is cumulative, meaning active fighters can spend an hour or more waiting for Army Management to respond every week. It seems that the delay is worse the more units there are in the pool, as the pointless scrambling keeps taking longer. This means the problem is constantly getting worse as players get larger armies. Since we can have unlimited units from Alcatraz, we need an Army Management screen that can handle unlimited units.