• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1.9 threads

DeletedUser107623

Howdy. Thought I’d reach out for some opinions on the accepted and general practises for these threads.

I am active on Arvahall, Brisgard, and Cirgard in large established guilds. Each guild has different practises and rules for the 1.9 threads and I am curious as to what the most common approach is.

I am a low/ mid level player on all 3 worlds, with arcs in the low 20’s.

In my guild on Arvahall, if you post a GB on 1.9, you can not post it in swaps at all. On Brisgard, anything goes. Lots of players level their GB’s on the swaps to secure them for the 1.9 positions, and the switch over to 1.9 and then back to swaps for the leftover FP. Cirgard, it’s the same really, but not encouraged.

Which is the more common practise? I ask because I’m getting very frustrated on B and C worlds. as a low level player, to be adding FP, and then getting bumped out of the running constantly for any kind of rewards Should I be guild shopping or suck it up ?

Lots of people do this but I think it grosely unfair on those using the swaps, I don't mind it the other way around, getting 1st and 2nd filled at 1. 9 then using the swaps for the rest. At least that way everyone know what they will be getting.

If you're unhappy with how it's working then I'd look for another guild if I were you

DeletedUser96901

our guild has both

a) top place sponsoring + swap threads for sponsored GB
b) swap threads for GB without sponsoring

DeletedUser110131

In my guilds, it hasn't really been discussed. However, in practice, "polite" custom has been established. People either go to 1.9 with only own donations, or have no more than 3 places filled before they do, ensuring that no one gets bumped. It's also custom to specify which positions are available. Obviously, you don't take more donations beforehand than necessary to make it viable for 1.9 players, so the others won't have donated that much. After the top spots have been filled, all bets are off. What does happen, though, is that people donate in the swaps, then notice that securing a top spot has become viable for them, and then do that.

In a guild without rules, written or unwritten, I can only suggest that you consider the likelihood that the two top spots will be taken by a high Arc, and, when that's likely, act as if it has already happened, and only 3, 4 & 5 are in play. In fact, do that even when there are rules; there's always the risk that outsiders will snag the top spots. It's a dog eat dog world...

If you take precautions, it's not as negative for low Arcs as one might think. Lower places become cheaper, more frequently available (because buildings level faster), and give greater rewards (because buildings are higher level). In addition, of course, if there are many high Arcs in your guild, you'll reap the benefits of their donations. Once your own Arc (or other GB) gets into the 30ies, you'll really start to notice that.

LastWarrior

Brigadier-General
We have had many players over the years join put their Gb`s on the guild 1.9 thread then sod off.
We now stop this by only allowing level 80 Arc`s on the 1.9 thread and they have to take any open gb`s before they post theirs.
We also have a 1.8 thread to help both.
We find if players are willing to stay in the guild and build their Arc to level 80 to get to the 1.9 thread they usually stay.
Working fine but of course not everyone`s way to do it just shared this in case it helps
Great game Dev,s
Warrior

joesoap

Major-General
we only allow players into the 1.9 thread (although we changed the name to non-profit thread as some arcs are above level 80) when they have a level 80 arc & they also have to help grow the smaller arcs in the guild for zero profit

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
It is interesting how concepts of what consists swap and 1.9 or 1.85 or any other thread like this ... my opinion on swaps is that they are only swaps ... you give some 20 and that other one gives you 20 ... and that is it ... nothing more and nothing less ... saying that i personally used swaps very shortly and decided that this way is way to slow and complicate to properly adjust... also 1.9 threads are in my mind considered a privilege and not a right ... many players including me spent days upon days on leveling our arc to lvl 80 and to do so also spent many days in search for semi cheap prints...sometimes you get lucky and you have friends that had collected enough fps that they in the end offer you 1.9 to grow your arc .... but you can't really repay back that only later in game ... so to include players below lvl 80 in 1.9 is a bit fatal decision... especially to include Arc growth in that sense... you give your hard earned fps that will most of the time be locked for a week or sometimes even more ... so that's why Arc growth at 1.8 or 1.85 is in a way win win for both sides ... on one it is cheeper and on the other your helpers get something in return to ... also this obsession with arc higher then lvl 80 ... lets look at a lvl 100 ...that is only 2% more and on a reward of 500 that is 960 which is only 10 fps profits .. yes they do go up as rewards are bigger but in a long run any significant profits are around 5% whic is lvl 13 or even only at actually 10% ... to achieve extra 10% you need arc lvl 180 ... now consider the cost ... lvl80 to 100 on 1.9 only and self leveling is 38 878 fps ... from 100 to 130 is 193 271 fps and from 130 to 180 is 1,376,604 FPs so we come at a total of 1,608,753 fps ...

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
And that is not to mention many other gbs that first need to come to lvls like 70 or 60 depending on a gb ...

I have an arc 100, yes it’s only 2% profit in the 1.9 thread BUT when you take a spot for 1000s of fp it may only be 20 profit (for example) but those fp are usually returned in minutes so by continually taking spots and recycling the fp I’m easily making over 100fp profit a day with zero risk

can easily make more than that with a decent snipe but there’s no guarantee that they will be returned quickly if ever

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
That is true ... over time even 100 fps a day extra can make a difference... but considering 20 lvl of kraken from 40 to 60 is 7592 fps ... it is very long to get there lol

That is true ... over time even 100 fps a day extra can make a difference... but considering 20 lvl of kraken from 40 to 60 is 7592 fps ... it is very long to get there lol
Well I put my daily collection into my gbs (4-500) and use the 1.9 for spots so at the minute am doing a traz level a day and kraken every 2 days, that is of course if HC doesn't give me a few extra :D

I do however think going further with arc is futile at the moment as the costs outweigh the benefits, once all other gbs are finished I may return to it, and of course it's a good dumping ground when people buy goods :)

DeletedUser110131

1.9 threads are in my mind considered a privilege and not a right
If the thread is strictly non-profit, I can see why you'd consider it a privilege. I can't see how you could consider making it exclusive a benefit to the guild, though. Strong members make for a strong guild.

As for having FPs tied up over time, it's the average that matters. All investments tie up currency. Some investments will take a long time to give a payoff, and there's no way of telling which are which. Neither means that investments are a bad idea, and to be avoided if possible. If the average gain is good enough, then the portfolio is sound, as a whole. With a high Arc, you should have plenty of FPs ready at hand, or be able to get it by saving for just a few days. As you have the FPs, why wouldn't you be willing to invest them in the guild?

The argument that "I suffered worse to get where I am, so damned if I'll help the spoiled brats of the younger generation" has been used as a moralistic argument since prehistory. It has never been constructive, and still isn't. When everyone is working towards the same objective (guild success), then everyone benefits from the success of everyone else. To deny yourself a benefit because of moralism is, sorry to say it, but... stupid.

Last edited by a moderator: