• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1.22 - discussion thread

DeletedUser96867

A major step in the right direction with this update. Finally we can differentiate between attached and unattached troops..... Bet it took a dev around a half hr of coding max and could have been done months ago ( no exaggeration there ) but yippee it's almost here.

Only 25 minutes if they hadn't added the setting feature so players can select to turn the filter off. Would love to hear a good reason from someone as to why anyone would ever want to turn this feature off?

DeletedUser4879

Only 25 minutes if they hadn't added the setting feature so players can select to turn the filter off. Would love to hear a good reason from someone as to why anyone would ever want to turn this feature off?

It has to be turned on first, I think!! Hope it works....;)

DeletedUser

Yeah it's just so theres one less thing when new players first start to play is all, I cant wait to turn mine on made my day hahaha , kim

DeletedUser

Remember it was quite a while before Alcatraz was released too... We've actually had a useful update this time. Stop searching for things to complain about.
I don't search them, it is a fact that is. As long as things are done in halves, i'll complain.

DeletedUser101862

I don't search them, it is a fact that is. As long as things are done in halves, i'll complain.

Yeah it's a fact, but have you not been complaining about the unit filter along with everybody else for the past few months? Now as soon as it's released you jump on to the next thing to complain about. Try saying thank you and enjoying the fact we got something we needed.

such big things can't be overlooked even if you try really hard :rolleyes:

I never said it needed to be overlooked did I? I don't remember saying that, please point it out to me?

P.S, unit filter = best update for a long time. Thanks :D

DeletedUser

Yeah it's a fact, but have you not been complaining about the unit filter along with everybody else for the past few months?

No, i can read unit description so i am neutral about it. Maybe you complained.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Okay, could we get back to discussing the new update rather than what each other may have said about different issues?

DeletedUser

Will we be able to spend some diamonds to change the unattached banner color? I'd prefer a nice blue.

DeletedUser

Thumbs up to the filter.
I'm a bit apprehensive about the support cap though. But if it results in more sieges around us where my guild can score PvP points I'm all for it. :P

DeletedUser14576

Thumbs up to the filter.
I'm a bit apprehensive about the support cap though. But if it results in more sieges around us where my guild can score PvP points I'm all for it. :P

Good Update with all the bug fixes.

I would not call it a "filter" though. It's a marker. We already have the Unattached Units identified at the top of the Unit Info Box.

We can filter units by type; Ranged, Fast, ect. Just add another button...."Show Attached Units Only".

I have masses of troops and when I want to replace GvG Armies I want to use Attached Units as I'm trying to save up my Unattached. So ribbon or not I still have to scroll through the same amount of troops. Therefore it's not a filter.

Right direction....but adding another button seems not that complex and will not confuse new players. That sound like a hedge to me.

Please keep working on it.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Just an observation, but how many 'new' players have unattached units? I think a couple of Spearmen and Legionnaires are given early on in the game, and I'm sure 'new' players would be well keen to differentiate those from attached units so as not to lose them as part of attacking forces.
I would have thought that making them stand out as unattached would be far more beneficial to 'new' players

DeletedUser13805

a big thumbs up for the filter
its been a long time needed, so at last i can post something positive so well done

DeletedUser2918

Will the "No Moon" over the Military Building Bug ever be fixed?

DeletedUser2989

Love the unit filter. Trade expiration I hope will encourage more change in trades being offered and remove the clutter of unfair trades, I wait to see its true effect. Additional playback of battles, might be useful to some but still an overall good change. The GvG support cap bonuses seemed to be wanted and I can understand why. Newer people stuck at the lower ages most likely won't have the same amount of support to contribute to their guild and would rarely fill the total support anyway. Makes it a more even battlefield and I think a positive move for GvG.

It would have been nice to see the level up tokens in this update rather than the playback feature, but at least they acknoledge it's coming.

Also really like this "Clouds will be disabled automatically when there are performance issues", they could afford to cut back on the clouds anyway but at least they will (hopefully) disable with any performance issues.

Overall I like the update, keep going!

DeletedUser

Having a trade expiration date should at least cut down on old or unfair trades hanging around, and make it easier to search for trades that you do want. It won't stop people putting up uncompetitive trades, but it will mean they have to put in more effort to do so.

DeletedUser96901

the goods trades expiring is great:
the bad trades will kill themselves: nobody will put on his 100 or more unfair trades each week when nobody accepts them
at the beginning they maybe will do it. but at some point they will stop

but do we get a message when a trade expires ?
like the messages when someone accepts them

DeletedUser

but do we get a message when a trade expires ?
like the messages when someone accepts them

From what the announcement says, it sounds as though it will be more like the timer you get to show how long is left before you can mot/pol or attack someone again, and the trade will just expire at the end of that time. I'm not sure that a message is required as well, but we'll see when the update arrives.

DeletedUser2989

Theoretically you'd think you would notice all the extra goods coming back into your stockpile and thus you probably wouldn't need a specific message for each trade that expires. I'd need to play the feature through a bit more to see how it goes though.