• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1.22 - discussion thread

DeletedUser13805

well desy, sounds like you should also be against a trade timer. I personally didn't think there was any issue with trade spam.

why ?
i dont see the harm in a trade timer if the trades run out of time you can simply put them up again.
if there not taken in week then its telling you something about the market and that no one needs them goods your offering at the moment.

DeletedUser96867

guilds should remember. players dont need guilds, guilds needs players

its sad that the only way to do this is to be out of a guild all because some tinpot dictators want to control what i can trade at so for me they should not tinker at all with trades and make it a totaly open market were you can trade anything you like. its up to the person who takes the trade to decide if its fair or not and if there willing to pay it then why should anyone poke there nose in ?

Many of the players in most guilds need a guild more than the guild needs them. The vast majority of the players in guilds get more help from the most active players in the guild, then they ever help the guild themselves. In my guild it's the leaders(who you hate so much) and a couple of other players who likely fill 90-95% of the trades. We regularly check the market multiple times a day filling as many trades in the guild as we can, often to a negative effect on our own goods stock. Because we do that our market often doesn't have more than a few pages of trades and most players will have their needed trades filled within hours or minutes without having to say a word.

I certainly don't want to have to go through 10 or 20 or 30 pages of unfair trades every time i make the effort to try to help fill trades. I already spend enough time in my efforts to contribute to my guild(what you would call filling my huge ego), i don't need to spend any more time than i already do. In those guilds who don't have fair trade policies or for some other reason have a huge number of trades in their market i simply don't waste my time in the market other than when i specifically need something myself. I also find in those guilds that my needed trades i post can sit of days or weeks without ever being taken.

If players don't like our fair trade policy which results in their needed trades being filled very quickly, they are of course free not to join our guild, or create there own 1 man guild where they can be king.

Anyhow back to the topic at hand. In our fair trade guild i don't see the 7-day trade deletion having any effect at all, but it should help to clean out some of those insanely unfair trades in my hood. Also would guess it will help to clean up the market (at least a little) in those guilds without a fair trade rule. So i give the feature a +1 even though it will have little effect for me on my main world.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

"Another addition: Tooltip added to some GvG event log entries."

As this part was added at the very bottom of the announcment and I didn't notice it till it came up in discussion on another thread I'd like to comment on it here now. +1 for the intent behind the feature, more info in those event logs is great, -2 for implementation. All the people in my guild (with the appropriate permissions) are seeing different things, I'm seeing different things each time I log on. Most of the information is always in the tooltips, but player names seem to be less reliable. Once it's fixed and names show up properly on events that -2 I gave it will be gone :)

Seems to be working better now, at least I'm now seeing what I should be.

Last edited by a moderator: