• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Quantum Incursions Feedback Thread

The more I play it, the worse it gets !!! Inno have previously pulled of some stupidity, they have outdone themselves..
Slow
0 imagination
Pointless rewards.
Looks a mess.
Very few doing it.
Prizes in modern game this one not worth it.I
Shame, as was looking forward to it. I will stop playing it when New settlement starts, and do that instead....

Blue Beard

Private
That goose never laid an golden egg. They make most money from app players. All they have done is remove a rotten egg.
The golden egg is in reference to when FOE started. It was the 'gameplay' (all as described) of GvG that made Forge of Empires what it was. Yes it had it's faults but it was not a rotten egg. What we have now is. Before, the time spent on FOE was enjoyable to the point that purchasing diamonds was justified, a bit like spending £20 to go to the movies because it's fun. Now it is just boring and certainly not worth purchasing diamonds.
Proposed multiple times and the answer is always the same. Never going to happen.
Proposed and denied many times. Why?

Agent327

Overlord
The golden egg is in reference to when FOE started. It was the 'gameplay' (all as described) of GvG that made Forge of Empires what it was.

No it wasn't. Percentage of players that played GvG has always been low, even when only PC players were considered. Players that did play however were really fanatic. That's why they believe that it is GvG that made the game. Numbers however tell you otherwise. That's why it is rather easy for Inno to drop it. It costs more than it brings in.

Proposed and denied many times. Why?

Same reason as there will be no GBG accross servers. To complicated.

LastWarrior

Brigadier-General
Well as GvG was a script ridden den of eniquity, this QI is a blessing , I just hope nothing ruins it.
Well done INNO a great addition where a guild can work together without being ruined by scripts.
We live in hope.

realblackrod

Private
QI is a massive disappointment. This is what you have given us after all that build up. I know you want to make cash, and you deserve it, but ffs this is just a waste of time. Why not monetise the GvG model? That would have netted you way more. Nothing I enjoy in the game anymore. :(((((((((

*Neo

Private
ok so first impression
this new game mode is a disaster!!!!!
why?
1)This game mode requires a lot of time spending to properly play it. GVG was 20-60 min daily task and what is this one 2-3 hour heavy spent time?
a) building new small town- planing it harvesting and so on....
b) fighting the nodes with stupid new quantum iron age armys when the only bonuses we can get is when we doing GBG and GE lvl 5
and most players in guild starting this new game mode with the stupid 0 % bonus when we talk about fighting here.
If the setlement upgraded buildings could come faster maybe the situation could be a little less stupid, but fighting manual battles is a huge waste for us players playing this game for years.
2)After GVG mode is finished could someone explain why we big players would still need alcatraz and massive income of troops in our main towns? what those troops of lower eras we had thousands could do in this game? what was the real idea behind recent events with gived massive number of troops in our main towns, does it means that new and last era with is planed for the game going to be even worse to fight and will require even more swiching of units when we do GBG?
3)Quantum medals and other not fully finished ideas left for speculations? why we do have beta world if we getting not fully polished product,
4)GE, GBG game modes giving chances not just to spend diamonds but also to gain thems when player actively playing thems, fortunately this new mode seems lacking the same idea and the only thing what you can do here with the diamonds are masively loose thems, in other words this new game mode is just another P2W feature with will bring this game to death even closer.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
I like it but things I would like to see, to improve gameplay

1st and most urgent, it requires an indicator over the portal for when something is cooked or your action bar is full

2nd please, please, please, we need to land in our settlements on entering the portal not the battlefield

and 3rd the settlement town hall should information when you click on it, like attack and defense values at that time the settlements production etc.

and finally the house quantum action point renewal need to be better indicated at the moment it does not matter what houses you have the Quantum actions available bar always tells you the same (5000 in so many minuets) so you don't know when or how these are being added from the houses

Blue Beard

Private
Well Inno what have you done? Why have you killed the goose that laid the golden egg? The very component that made Forge of Empires what it is, you have removed and replaced it with something that is, how shall I say, "More of the same." I have heard of the efficiencies of code re-use but to use that practice to produce the same ideas is a flaw. I believe this flaw, if there is not appropriate action taken and soon, will demoralise the community to such an extent it will kill off Forge of Empires.

There is nothing new in QI other than its presentation. There is no excitement, no need to think, no immediacy and what little planning there is can hardly be called strategizing. All the reasons that made Forge of Empires what it is, that came from GvG, have been removed. Basically the gameplay now is the same everywhere across all components of the game, nothing new with QI simply joining them all together to play the same.

This is sad. Two of the reasons given for the removal of GvG were: Participation vs. Maintenance and Inaccessibility. This is hardly surprising.

I understand that GBG was introduced to answer/satisfy the mobile player market however this action is what has led to the participation levels falling. And throughout, the reasons given for the withdrawal of GvG, are the high maintenance and cost issues. It is shame therefore that the resources used by Inno to resolve this matter were not used to create something new but were instead used to churn what's already there.

I have been highly critical of the removal of GvG (I understand why it was removed) and also I'm totally dismayed at the offering of QI (same same nothing new) both of which I believe are justifiable criticisms. However...

I have a suggestion, the mechanics of which would be the same as is (code re-use therefore is encouraged!)

Player vs Player - LIVE!
Imagine a scenario where two consenting players actually fight each other in a turn-by-turn battle (as now) in real time; not player vs opponent's AI but truly player vs player? Think about it for a moment and what it would be like... Playing an unpredictable player for real and not a (mostly) predictable AI where skill and tactics come into play?

This capability would bring back everything that's missing with excitement and immediacy being key. Think about it.

How could this be achieved? Timeslots. In brief:

Player A wishes to fight Player B and makes a Challenge Request (CR)
Player B accepts, denies or offers a once only alternative timeslot for the CR.
Result: Players A & B fight at the agreed time or they don't.

A payment, reward and no-show mechanism would need to be in place which I believe could be covered by the challenger having to pay 'x' diamonds to make the CR and the defender matching the diamond amount to accept the CR. Winner takes the pot and scores recorded for a leader board etc..

This core concept of an idea could well be expanded to include:
Multiple battle challenges: "I challenge you to the best of 5?" or
Every player has their own (for example) 10 x 5 Hex Mini Map (Like GvG) where the challenges could take place and where sectors are held or lost or
"I challenge you to a Modern Era or Iron Age Dual" to cater for high era players being able to play lower era players or visa versa.
Timed or speed duals where a duals must be completed in a given time.
The ability for other players to watch a dual live! or
How about two guilds pitting their best 5 players against each other whilst anyone else can watch!

To wrap up I understand that Inno needed to replace GvG and provide something new that was demanded by its community. The trouble is that what has been provided for as 'new' isn't 'new' and worse still what has been provided does not contain any of the key elements as described above that were contained within GvG.

Please consider and feedback on this matter.

Regards to ALL Forgers!
Let's take this idea a little further but before I do I wish to state a made an observation:

On this thread I see many comments, mostly negative with one or two positives. After each comment there may be one or two replies and then that's it, nothing more. What I do not see is discussion where an idea is taken through to closure or completion. Worse still I don't see any Inno team here helping in 'those' discussions? If Inno team are I apologise, I just can't see you! Back to Live-Play:

In discussing this idea with other players, also seeking a solution to the lack of real-time play (all the elements GvG had), this idea could be expanded on as follows:

In addition to the PvP CR scenario which would then be played out on a mini GvG style map say 5 sectors(?) it could be expanded to a guild versus guild challenge where the two guilds battle out live on a system generated map of say 8 sectors? The key here is that the map is only in existence during the time of the dual. Once the dual is finished, the results are recorded (for leader board etc.) and the map is deleted.

The temporary system generated mini map solution for two guilds or two players to conduct their challenge is just that, temporary - There is no need for massive database storage and overhead with a constantly changing map containing 1000's of sectors as in the old GvG. This I imagine is a huge part of the reason why 'Maintenance and Inaccessibility' were given as one of the reasons to discontinue GvG.

This real-time solution without the need for the massive storage of map and changing data is a solution that would bring back those desperately needed elements of gameplay that are now missing.

Please discuss with solid reasons as to why or why not.
Thank you.

Blue Beard

Private
No it wasn't. Percentage of players that played GvG has always been low, even when only PC players were considered. Players that did play however were really fanatic. That's why they believe that it is GvG that made the game. Numbers however tell you otherwise. That's why it is rather easy for Inno to drop it. It costs more than it brings in.
The important and key point you make is that those that were into GvG were really fanatical. A good observation.

What was it that made them so fanatical?

The solution I am offering up for discussion (see update) would give those 'fanatical' elements to all players both mobile or otherwise.
Same reason as there will be no GBG accross servers. To complicated.

The temporary map solution would not be complicated as it removes the need for massive database storage and overheads.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Worse still I don't see any Inno team here helping in 'those' discussions? If Inno team are I apologise, I just can't see you!
This forum is Fino (forum in name only, lol) if you want someone to see you you're supposed to go login to discord. All that's left here are a handful of players who are too stubborn to stop using the forum, and a couple of Trolls.

One of the recent announcements only mentioned discord, and the links to the forum are out of the game. This feedback for QI is a bit of anomaly, could be one of the last times we see a feedback thread here.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
most of our guild are trying it and from the start its clear not many like it its just like starting a new game from iron age all the years of building up my main city count for nothing, no boosts are added, no goods, and no dam troops they are all worthless might as well delete the main city ? all in all i will not be playing it, the changes in gbg have seen my game time cut down to just an hour a day and i have cut out all other worlds i used to play in i am having a hard time finding the will to even bother coming onto the game anymore, its sad really after all the years of playing but i guess all things come to an end i have done well over my time in this game but all these changes over such a short period has been to much to soon this game is now pants in my mind but i think the most thing i am very disapointed by is how this firm just does these things without seeking any kind of feed back from the people who play the game good luck to anyone who enjoys this new offering but its not for me

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
The important and key point you make is that those that were into GvG were really fanatical. What was it that made them so fanatical?
Yes, it was real time action, real time team work with your guild, real time actions with allies to help defend each other. And choice, choosing where to land and where to move (more realistic) instead of being in a cage map where a computer decides where you start, who is next to you, and where you can go. At the high-point of GvG (which was some years ago before it became shield your beaches, catch and release, bot fest) the action of defending was just as important as attacking, and it was possible to successfully defend because eventually your attacker ran out of troops or goods; none of which happened in the game after:
  1. attack boosts went over 1000% and defense boosts in gvg never went above 75%
  2. after level 100 arcs and level 100 traz, no one runs out goods or troops to keep attacking when the supply is virtually endless.
That part of GvG died a long time ago. And yet, what was left of GvG was still better gameplay than anything we have now.

Someone said in Discord somewhere, that if they would have added a defending/kill the siege mechanism to Battlegrounds, they would have been most of the way there to making battlegrounds a real replacement for GvG in 2019. Instead of watching helplessly while someone pins you down, you ought to be able to fight back to subtract from the enemy flag's total on your sector or adjacent sectors that you reach, to stop them from taking it. Of course, with 4 years of free attrition, guilds farming each other's pins without taking any sectors would have been a thing, but with proper balancing on the cost of attacking or defending that should have been in place from the start, it would work fine and be much more realistic and engaging battleground.

Blue Beard

Private
This forum is Fino (forum in name only, lol) if you want someone to see you you're supposed to go login to discord. All that's left here are a handful of players who are too stubborn to stop using the forum, and a couple of Trolls.

One of the recent announcements only mentioned discord, and the links to the forum are out of the game. This feedback for QI is a bit of anomaly, could be one of the last times we see a feedback thread here.
Hi Ariana - Thank you for your reply, it explains a lot!
All the best

Agent327

Overlord
On this thread I see many comments, mostly negative with one or two positives. After each comment there may be one or two replies and then that's it, nothing more. What I do not see is discussion where an idea is taken through to closure or completion. Worse still I don't see any Inno team here helping in 'those' discussions? If Inno team are I apologise, I just can't see you!

This is a feedback thread, not a discussion thread. Purpose is to give feedback about the new feature, not come up with new ideas that are totally unrelated. For that there is the ideas section, but there you will run into the DNSL. The Do Not Suggest List. A list with suggestions of what Inno is not looking for at the moment and your suggestion meets what's on that list, so putting it in the ideas section will lead to nothing.

As far as an Inno team goes that "helps" in the discussion, I can tell you that such a team does not exist and never has existed in the almost 12 years the game is running. At best, the forum is moderated. That is it.

Arianna tells you to go to Discord, but there you will run into the same. Players discussing it, maybe one mod answering and telling you they will let the devs know and in the end you will hear nothing about it.

The important and key point you make is that those that were into GvG were really fanatical. A good observation.

What was it that made them so fanatical?

The solution I am offering up for discussion (see update) would give those 'fanatical' elements to all players both mobile or otherwise.

Problem is they are not looking for that. Only less than 5% of the PC players was still playing GvG. Yes they were fanatical, but so fanatical that they are the ones that basically killed it when they started to blank out large parts of the map. Never noticed that was the time a lot of players stopped playing it and Inno took it's hands off it? Inno is not going to take the risk again of coming up with a real time feature. They want happy players that can play when they want without any time pressure. Last thing they want is players killing another new feature. Players are really good at that. Look at how they are now struggling with the matchmaking in GBG