• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Quantum Incursions Feedback Thread

hades8840

Corporal
why isnt the viking settlement building giving a attack bonus in QI on beta the building shows as giving a bonus

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
For some unknown reason they didn't upgrade the beta ones till the Polynesia settlement was released not sure what the correlation is.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Things I hate:
1) We got to the map instead of the settlement
2) We must choose goods buildings before we can choose units. Why can't I choose my units without choosing my goods? They are in seperate tabs...
3) There are no names and no tooltips on the screen for choosing goods buildings, so you don't know what you are choosing: What requirements those buildings have (size and cost), what do they actually produce... Why? Just... why?

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
This is a cluster f**k, timings are crap, why use buildings we already have but don't act the same? Why cobble together something already in existence from the varoius parts of the game and events ect, are the devs just lazy ? Seems so, gameplay is non existent , no clear instructions beforehand, everything that was brought up by beta testing ( ha that's a laugh ) was ignored, well, I have had enough already, not even 12 hrs in and I am totally p****d off with it all, I now looking for a new game

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
most players are doing a lot less now, spending less time on the game as there is just to much to do
There is too much of a rigid schedule, I have no idea when anybody is supposed to change guilds now, or take a vacation, as the 2-3 day break we used to have between GE and Battlegrounds every 2 weeks will now be in the middle of QI season, and there is no good time to jump in or out of guilds. Well, except QI will probably be the least of anyone's worries about missing, so we'll carry on viewing the break between Battleground seasons as the right window.

There are too many moving parts in the game to keep up if you can't spend a few hours a day, but the REAL problem is most of it feels like busy work. People don't mind if they're having fun. And people want to play when they feel like it and have time, not on Inno's schedule.

Settlements were probably the least engaging thing/boring grind feature ever added to the game, making it the basis for this new feature is... just wow, let's call it brave.

VESS

Private
At first I thought oh god here we go, yawn...
But after reading everything and entering QI, hmm ok, its not bad, the rewards are good, cant complain.
But I have only played it a few hours, who knows, tomorrow, might be ready to throw the pc out the window.
I don't think its been mentioned in here and no idea if its been mentioned on beta, but it should have been if not.
And that would be, it seems too limited, limited, as in how many fights you can do per day.
And that would be down to the action points, the action points regenerate at 5000 an hour, the first node is 3500 per fight.
Lets say it takes a day and a half to set your settlement up, and this is build, delete, build a better building, until you have the top buildings from each category, houses, decorations, production, and the military buildings, you can do this with the small settlement and no expansions needed,
then you collect supplies, make troops and do the fights, and then there is the action points.
You have to wait till they regenerate, thus limiting the amount of fights you can do, for example wait 7 hours and regenerate 35,000 action points and this will allow 10 fights on node one, I would think as you progress the nodes, they cost more points.
With limited fights, because of the action points, there is no need or any point to enlarging your settlement with extra buildings, none whatsoever. Because, the small settlement with no expansions is more than enough to produce the supplies and make the troops to do the 20 or so fights a day.
What is needed in QI is a building that regenerates action points at a decent rate, thus giving incentive to enlarge your city, more houses, more supply buildings, decorations, and of course the action point regenerative building.
The more the merrier, or, more fights you can do, with the extra action points from the regenerative building.
And yes the houses give action points, but the top house only gives 200 per 10 hours, that's funny, really, lol.
Then the only limitation is how far you can enlarge your settlement and add extra buildings and how many regenerative buildings you can place.
The more you place the more and/or quicker the action points refill, and the more fights you can do.
I would say a 2X2 building, needing a road connection, costing 50,000 coins, 50,000 supplies and 50 workers needed,
and in return giving 10,000 action points in 10 hours.
In the words of emperor Palpatine, DO IT.
( be honest you said in your head, DO IT, in his voice, lol )

First impressions, QI is very slow-moving. Opening the small-town settlement should happen first when clicking on the Main City QI entry building.
The reason for this is that you first need to build houses, camps, and at least four or more butchers to produce enough quantum supplies for your military buildings to produce enough weapons/troops to complete the first node which in my case has taken 20hrs waiting from the last 24hrs, so it is not in the least geared for small guilds or those with less than 10 active QI players.
One thing that stopped me from playing settlements was impediments so I was shocked to see them again in QI which overall is only a contest or quest race as to which guild can do it the fastest. :( Needs much improvement.

Blue Beard

Private
This is a feedback thread for our new feature announcement here!
Well Inno what have you done? Why have you killed the goose that laid the golden egg? The very component that made Forge of Empires what it is, you have removed and replaced it with something that is, how shall I say, "More of the same." I have heard of the efficiencies of code re-use but to use that practice to produce the same ideas is a flaw. I believe this flaw, if there is not appropriate action taken and soon, will demoralise the community to such an extent it will kill off Forge of Empires.

There is nothing new in QI other than its presentation. There is no excitement, no need to think, no immediacy and what little planning there is can hardly be called strategizing. All the reasons that made Forge of Empires what it is, that came from GvG, have been removed. Basically the gameplay now is the same everywhere across all components of the game, nothing new with QI simply joining them all together to play the same.

This is sad. Two of the reasons given for the removal of GvG were: Participation vs. Maintenance and Inaccessibility. This is hardly surprising.

I understand that GBG was introduced to answer/satisfy the mobile player market however this action is what has led to the participation levels falling. And throughout, the reasons given for the withdrawal of GvG, are the high maintenance and cost issues. It is shame therefore that the resources used by Inno to resolve this matter were not used to create something new but were instead used to churn what's already there.

I have been highly critical of the removal of GvG (I understand why it was removed) and also I'm totally dismayed at the offering of QI (same same nothing new) both of which I believe are justifiable criticisms. However...

I have a suggestion, the mechanics of which would be the same as is (code re-use therefore is encouraged!)

Player vs Player - LIVE!
Imagine a scenario where two consenting players actually fight each other in a turn-by-turn battle (as now) in real time; not player vs opponent's AI but truly player vs player? Think about it for a moment and what it would be like... Playing an unpredictable player for real and not a (mostly) predictable AI where skill and tactics come into play?

This capability would bring back everything that's missing with excitement and immediacy being key. Think about it.

How could this be achieved? Timeslots. In brief:

Player A wishes to fight Player B and makes a Challenge Request (CR)
Player B accepts, denies or offers a once only alternative timeslot for the CR.
Result: Players A & B fight at the agreed time or they don't.

A payment, reward and no-show mechanism would need to be in place which I believe could be covered by the challenger having to pay 'x' diamonds to make the CR and the defender matching the diamond amount to accept the CR. Winner takes the pot and scores recorded for a leader board etc..

This core concept of an idea could well be expanded to include:
Multiple battle challenges: "I challenge you to the best of 5?" or
Every player has their own (for example) 10 x 5 Hex Mini Map (Like GvG) where the challenges could take place and where sectors are held or lost or
"I challenge you to a Modern Era or Iron Age Dual" to cater for high era players being able to play lower era players or visa versa.
Timed or speed duals where a duals must be completed in a given time.
The ability for other players to watch a dual live! or
How about two guilds pitting their best 5 players against each other whilst anyone else can watch!

To wrap up I understand that Inno needed to replace GvG and provide something new that was demanded by its community. The trouble is that what has been provided for as 'new' isn't 'new' and worse still what has been provided does not contain any of the key elements as described above that were contained within GvG.

Please consider and feedback on this matter.

Regards to ALL Forgers!

Last edited: