• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event St. Patrick's Day 2024 discussion

vfrmark

Master Corporal
Rivals, last two quests are
Quest 7:
"Use 4-hour Time Skips 2 times" and "Upgrade Fireworks Factory Manager to level 4"
Quest 8:
"Use an 8-hour Time Skip 1 time"
alas you cannot use 2 x 2 hour skips for 1 x 4 hour so the only option is to spend 2600 pots of gold and most players will be quite low on gold from doing rivals, so an immediate diamond spend with not other option for every player. not good INNO, do we now have events its impossible to complete without diamond spend

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Quest 7:
"Use 4-hour Time Skips 2 times" and "Upgrade Fireworks Factory Manager to level 4"
Quest 8:
alas you cannot use 2 x 2 hour skips for 1 x 4 hour so the only option is to spend 2600 pots of gold and most players will be quite low on gold from doing rivals, so an immediate diamond spend with not other option for every player. not good INNO, do we now have events its impossible to complete without diamond spend

Yeah I hit that point and wondered if someone was playing a joke on us, I didn't expect quests requiring us to spend all our POG, I expected some spend, not all. I thought they would be a challenge not something that drained all our event resources. At least I know to ignore the next one.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Quest 7:
Quest 8:
Which is precisely why I am not going to do those two quests. Don't need the rewards from them or from doing all quests.

joesoap

Major-General
Incorrect no time bonus carry over as all are instant, and managers bonus start from zero for next town
it asked specifically about the rival bonuses so i assumed it was the time skips & manager promotions that were won in the rivals that they meant so yes, they do carry over & can be used in other towns, i also assumed that players knew that everything resets in a new town

Philodus

Corporal
it asked specifically about the rival bonuses so i assumed it was the time skips & manager promotions that were won in the rivals that they meant so yes, they do carry over & can be used in other towns, i also assumed that players knew that everything resets in a new town
Depending on what you are speaking about it's either correct or incorrect :D

Philodus

Corporal
@Inno thank you for the Rival challenges, especially when they appear multiple times throughout the event. They make the event more exciting and it is a good addition (apart from the extremely costly tasks).

Last edited:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
The Rivals for St Pats are much more doable than the one during the Wildlife event: at least there's no way to be missing any of the managers or tasks the quests are asking for in each town, unlike the specific color blocks nonsense last time that didn't spawn on every board. Yeah, I'm still pissed about that and don't think I will forget it any time soon.

Another improvement in the St Pats Rivals is various lines running concurrently so that you can keep them all moving, that would have helped some in the Wildlife rivals if you could be completing some further task down another line that wanted YELLOW blocks while you were waiting for the GREEN blocks to spawn. Although there was still the crazy 4-star pops that should have been 4 or MORE star pops - yes, still mad. The quest design for St Pats is much improved, or this event style just didn't lend itself to setting up impossible tasks like popping blocks or merging gems (anniversary) does.

Rival quest rewards are nice up to a point, but I didn't really need more to do in the game. It's a bit of a problem always starting on Tuesday as there's a time limit and people have jobs. If you want to make it available on Tuesdays because it's often linked to GE as well, great, but let the 2 day timer start whenever someone completes 1 Rivals quest. Simply add a limit where the Rivals line ends/disappears regardless of whether it was ever started by the time GE ends; if it has to run with GE then also end it with GE, and everyone gets 2 days from whenever they start. That would provide some flexibility to working people.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Rival questlines can go to the scrap heap. Screws up my GE game play, wastes my pots of gold - a game is something to play and enjoy - not something that causes stress and anger. Inno - you want people to pay - well make it something that they want to pay for, rather than something that they start deciding if they should quit or not. Hated the Rivals since it came out, and this particular case of Rivals is once again showing it is only for the garbage pile. Will do the simple and easy no-cost quests, but once it starts costing or screwing up game play - then it is over.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Rival questlines can go to the scrap heap. Screws up my GE game play, wastes my pots of gold - a game is something to play and enjoy - not something that causes stress and anger. Inno - you want people to pay - well make it something that they want to pay for, rather than something that they start deciding if they should quit or not. Hated the Rivals since it came out, and this particular case of Rivals is once again showing it is only for the garbage pile. Will do the simple and easy no-cost quests, but once it starts costing or screwing up game play - then it is over
Some seem to enjoy those Rival quests so they are probably going to stay for at least a while. I'm also not convinced Inno brought those Rival quests into town for extra income as I don't see any reason for P2W, let alone whales, to do them outside for fun or challenge. Rivals won't get me 16 full flamingo's + 97 blood lilies + 20 Alligators. Rivals, as dailies and event quests, give me simply jack in the end.

Agent327

Overlord
I'm also not convinced Inno brought those Rival quests into town for extra income as I don't see any reason for P2W, let alone whales, to do them outside for fun or challenge.

I seriously doubt people can spend 3200 pots of gold without using diamonds.

indywolf

Private
i think the rivals is a con in my tab it showed use two 4 hr boosts as the last quest so spent the 1400 pots to get them and then up pops another quest to spend 2.5k pots on an 8 hour one won't get caught out again next week just another diamond cash grab

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
i think the rivals is a con in my tab it showed use two 4 hr boosts as the last quest so spent the 1400 pots to get them and then up pops another quest to spend 2.5k pots on an 8 hour one won't get caught out again next week just another diamond cash grab

If you complete it too that point its not that bad, apart from all the GE negs, I'd prefer fight or neg as an option. I never neg so it turned into a bit of a chore.