• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inequality in Guild Battlegrounds

Deleted member 127677

Maxed out for members no inactive players, at least 2/3 of who regularly fight and currently ranked as 1 of the top 10 guilds,there is less incentive as once your 20-30 mins of fighting is done all you can do is organise which is boring when you can't fight any longer, Ok sorry you can get more than 20-30 mins if you never learnt to fight fast, I suppose I could fight at half the speed and fight for longer but again that is boring. So you find stuff to do when there is nothing else to do, impressive
No need to resort to the insults. All I’m saying is that I attrition manage and prioritise, but also that I have lots of guildies online when we need them and so, we can keep going longer than you seem to be able to. Whether that goes on in a different season or if we have more aggressive opposition or the battlefield is different in some other way, who knows. I’m passing no judgement on your ability to do anything, except in this case I think you are perhaps too focused on one thing that is now changing, and by all accounts for the better for the majority of players. Since I last checked with my guildies, more of them have volunteered that they are happy, there is always something to fight irrespective when you come in, and some are around more now than ever before. I’ve spoken to some friends in smaller guilds and while they find it a bit harder than before, they are also seeing some of their guildies participating more than before. People seem to feel valued and that they can contribute. What is wrong with that?

I just checked your guild, you have 78 members, 5 of whom are fully inactive. If that is similar to your way of representing stats from your Discord, maybe you should have another look at those numbers.

Knight of ICE

Can we stop this discussion now? It is obviously there is no way you are going to agree on this and it is not relevant for the feedsback given. Feedback from 1 person is s good as feedback from 1 person claiming they represent 1000's of others.

This is becomming way to personal now, so further discussion will be removed. Once again, you do not have to agree with the feedback given by someone else. This is not a discussion!

Deleted member 127677

Can we stop this discussion now? It is obviously there is no way you are going to agree on this and it is not relevant for the feedsback given. Feedback from 1 person is s good as feedback from 1 person claiming they represent 1000's of others.

This is becomming way to personal now, so further discussion will be removed. Once again, you do not have to agree with the feedback given by someone else. This is not a discussion!
This is the discussion thread, but absolutely fine to close too, obviously.

Almost maxed out for members almost no inactive players, at least 2/3 of who regularly fight and currently ranked as 1 of the top 10 guilds,there is less incentive as once your 20-30 mins of fighting is done all you can do is organise which is boring when you can't fight any longer, Ok sorry you can get more than 20-30 mins if you never learnt to fight fast, I suppose I could fight at half the speed and fight for longer but again that is boring. So you find stuff to do when there is nothing else to do, impressive
There are lots of things to do in FOE besides GBG. So many things, in fact, that many players struggle to find the time to get it all done.

Shadovaria

Private
You need to contact Support with that request.
Ok ban me from the forums instead as dealing with support is as much of a waste of time as giving feedback here has been I have no interest in talking to any of them either.
Since you made it clear I'm not allowed to have my opinion I've deleted all my posts now pls ban my account before I decide to start speaking facts you do not like again

Knight of ICE

Ok ban me from the forums instead as dealing with support is as much of a waste of time as giving feedback here has been I have no interest in talking to any of them either.
Since you made it clear I'm not allowed to have my opinion I've deleted all my posts now pls ban my account before I decide to start speaking facts you do not like again

I do not have the tools to remove your account from the forum. You need to contact Support if you want your account to be removed.

Snowelle

Private
These new gbg changes have slowed down the whole game. My attrition is gone in 2hrs so I am mostly absent now the rest of the 22hrs till reset. Same with most of my other guildmates - it is like a ghost town, and some arent even bothering anymore. Slowed down all the threads too cause players are just not around.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
Well, let's start the discussion:)
Guild expedition:
The only rewards that are good here are the Forgotten Temple and the feathered serpent statue, everything else is useless. But it doesn't require any diamonds, goods, or high bonuses to finish so I am fine with those rewards. In case you are active in 1.9x threads you can finish all five levels in around 15 minutes so it's not even a time-demanding activity.
GvG:
I used to play GvG so I am well aware of the costs, but because Inno never brought it to the mobile version of the game, GvG is up to this day being played by less than 10% of the player base so a completely useless feature for the majority of the player base. But for those who play it, it's activity for up to 10 minutes a day in most cases.
Attacking neighborhood:
If I remember correctly you can have up to 100 neighbors so 100 fights to do, can be done in less than 10 minutes easily. In case you are into plundering it takes significantly longer, but most people collect in time so I really never saw it as something that is worth investing the time into.

So far activities have been for roughly 20-30 minutes a day including collection, so don't know where you came with the idea the game had so many add-ons it required a lot of time to go through them

Now GbG:
First of all, you fight once every 8 hours, not 4 (you take sectors from the enemy guild 4h lock, then they it from you another 4h lock). Only around 20 to 30% of sectors on the map were possible to take with 5 siege camps so why are you still repeating the fairy tale about attrition-free GbG that was never true? I would put GbG into two scenarios:
1. You played against a guild that was capable of beating you
In this scenario you had to take as many edge sectors as possible, as many times as possible, those were 0 to 3 SC sectors so the winner was based on total guild attrition capability and tactic.
2. You played against guilds that were never capable of beating you
Here you could ignore edge sectors and focus on the map rotation in case there was a guild capable of doing the rotaions with you. This was indeed the most effective way to play GbG. As the entire map was taken in one go, sectors were opening one after another and most of the sectors could be taken with 4 siege camps, yet there were still roughly 20-30% of those with 3 SC only where the attrition build-up was a bit higher.

In general, most of the sectors you were taking had a 96% attrition reduction, and minorities had a 72% and 100% attrition reduction.
As you mentioned the benefit of smaller guilds was obviously fewer people to share the fights with so indeed if you wanted maximum out of GbG you were playing in a smaller guild. To be a successful fighter and successful guild it required time, dedication, and of course some money. Only with high attack stats, Traz, and guild goods producing GBs you could become a successful fighter a successful guild needed to have players across the globe to cover the entire day, and members willing to log in and fight on a regular basis is not an easy feat.
So yes your placement, development, and resources were based on your skill, activity, and success of your guild which is far better than pre-GbG time when your position and development was based on the amount of year you sat through.

Why do I think the "new" GbG is wrong?

In short, for much more resources you get far fewer rewards.
A longer explanation would be:
1. Guild goods
New support structures require much more goods than the old ones, so players need to build and level guild-supporting buildings much more than before.
2. Diamond costs
New structures cost much more diamonds to complete than the old ones.
3. Attacking army bonuses
Due to a maximum 80% attrition reduction, you are forced to fight much more on higher attrition levels than before so you are losing troops than ever before. So especially in SAT when troops aren't that strong you are forced to fight far below your maximum attrition so you are not losing more droops than you can get or you are forced to add hundreds if not thousands to your bonuses.

So you are forced to pay more goods, pay more diamonds, and pay for more event buildings to be at last able to get a fraction of the fights you were getting before the change. Why should anyone be interested in paying more for less?
You get fights every 8 hours becuase your in a 3rd class guild that can't keep up the pace, GBG in my guild is exactly the same as it was before, every 4 hours, and the fights are more evenly spread to all players, instead of done by a small % of the guild, so your logicalle drops in the water, if your guild is doing sectors every 8 hours, you should look for a new guild, or merge with more active players ... only the costs do not justify the needs, cuz despite the fact that LoW has 150K daily income in Titan, we went in to 2.5 milion deficit regardless, and we were not building in every slot, or going for the most expensive options

Emberguard

Legend
despite the fact that LoW has 150K daily income in Titan, we went in to 2.5 milion deficit regardless, and we were not building in every slot, or going for the most expensive options
What’s the maximum slots filled per sector?

do you have other Guilds on the map also adding buildings? Or just your Guild?

Sir Lancelor

Private
You get fights every 8 hours becuase your in a 3rd class guild that can't keep up the pace, GBG in my guild is exactly the same as it was before, every 4 hours, and the fights are more evenly spread to all players, instead of done by a small % of the guild, so your logicalle drops in the water, if your guild is doing sectors every 8 hours, you should look for a new guild, or merge with more active players ... only the costs do not justify the needs, cuz despite the fact that LoW has 150K daily income in Titan, we went in to 2.5 milion deficit regardless, and we were not building in every slot, or going for the most expensive options
He's far from in a 3rd class guild, competition determines how often a guild can fight also, something you should be very well aware of if you yourself are in a guild as active as you claim to be

Sacahari3l

Private
Well you take the map, leave one sector as a turning point. This turning point indeed switch every 4 hours but rest of the map you can take once every 8 hours. Since you take the sector means 4 hours lock, other guild retake adds another 4 hours.
So how exactly you swapping map every 4 hours?

Necro

Private
inno needs to relook at how to best reflect performances......multiple season wins in lower leagues should not place you above guilds that have more wins in higher divisions.....

possible solution is if there are say 6 divisions...then a win in bottom division earns 1 point, league above winner 2 points and so on....so a win in top division would earn 6 points....that way if a guild has run up through the leagues then arrival in diamond league would not place them above guilds with multiple diamond league wins.....

or better still...so lowest league 3rd spot 1 point...2nd spot 2points, top spot 3 points...league above 3rd spot 4points, 2nd 5 points top spot 6 points and so on up teh leagues so top league 3rd would have 16 points, 2nd 17 points and top 18 points..(if 6 leagues - i don't remember how many leagues/divisions exist)......but hopefully you get the gist of my suggestion.......

BarraG

Private
inno needs to relook at how to best reflect performances......multiple season wins in lower leagues should not place you above guilds that have more wins in higher divisions.....

possible solution is if there are say 6 divisions...then a win in bottom division earns 1 point, league above winner 2 points and so on....so a win in top division would earn 6 points....that way if a guild has run up through the leagues then arrival in diamond league would not place them above guilds with multiple diamond league wins.....

or better still...so lowest league 3rd spot 1 point...2nd spot 2points, top spot 3 points...league above 3rd spot 4points, 2nd 5 points top spot 6 points and so on up teh leagues so top league 3rd would have 16 points, 2nd 17 points and top 18 points..(if 6 leagues - i don't remember how many leagues/divisions exist)......but hopefully you get the gist of my suggestion.......
Like it and more like of these better options for the league ranking than the current one we have, as currently GBG is only half way getting better and yes it maybe never prefect but we could be running with way better one :)

- Ellie -

Sergeant
So I just got here and regards this balancing business, how can you honestly match guilds together when there are those who jump at the last moment for a season and so that their guild ends up twice the size and the smaller guilds don't stand one iota of a chance, please tell me how that is fair, it's utter nonesense and dreadful state of affairs, it seems even worse in diamond league while going for the main building fragments, there is no possible chance when the larger guilds dictate which guilds shall end up 1st 2nd and 3rd.

Morb

Private
So I just got here and regards this balancing business, how can you honestly match guilds together when there are those who jump at the last moment for a season and so that their guild ends up twice the size and the smaller guilds don't stand one iota of a chance, please tell me how that is fair, it's utter nonesense and dreadful state of affairs, it seems even worse in diamond league while going for the main building fragments, there is no possible chance when the larger guilds dictate which guilds shall end up 1st 2nd and 3rd.
You're asking the wrong questions. Instead of "why can't i do it", ask "how can i do it".
Strongest wins. And that's how it should be.