• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Vesiger

Monarch
I play solo in one world and as part of a guild in another. Are there any plans to make things a bit fairer for solo players? At the moment it's not really possible for us to compete fairly in GbG. Could we not be separated out from the multi-member guilds? We start out at an immediate disadvantage by not being able to play round the clock and it's downhill from there really. And although the goods required for the field camps are less than for larger guilds, the cost is still extortionate and still impossible for most lone players. We don't seem to have been considered in any part of the game even though there are a lot of us.
Playing solo is an active choice - it's not really the way the game is set up to be played, hence all the special privileges on interacting with guildmates.
A solo player simply isn't going to be able to compete, just as a good small guild can't compete with a good large guild, and that's because multiplayer cooperation is always going to beat what you can do on your own; if you don't want to be in a guild, then fair enough, but the Guild Battlegrounds were specifically set up for guilds, so a special single-player division, which is what you seem to be requesting, isn't very likely.
I actually thought participation was blocked unless you were in a guild of at least three people, but maybe that was the Guild Expedition?

Nidwin

Sergeant
I play solo in one world and as part of a guild in another. Are there any plans to make things a bit fairer for solo players? At the moment it's not really possible for us to compete fairly in GbG. Could we not be separated out from the multi-member guilds? We start out at an immediate disadvantage by not being able to play round the clock and it's downhill from there really. And although the goods required for the field camps are less than for larger guilds, the cost is still extortionate and still impossible for most lone players. We don't seem to have been considered in any part of the game even though there are a lot of us.
It's actually way more fairer now than it was before with small and loners guilds into the mix. The days a loner could lock 10/20+ sectors in one go are over so only the sky is the limit has been terminated by Inno with the attrition cap. Inno made it very clear they wanted more members being able to participate in GbG and not just 1,2 or 3 folks painting the maps in one color.

The goods required are the same for everyone and loners have the advantage to only require goods from the age they are in.

It's up to you, as a loner, to change and adapt to become competitive again but not in diamond or top plat league anymore. That's finished and should never have been possible in the first place.

Grof Z

Corporal
I know from experience it’s much easier on the moderation side to find a report or PM than it is to find a notification

Aside from which, they are having issues with the notification system not working properly at the moment. So a report is a good idea to get their attention if you’re requesting moderation action on something, while a PM would also be appropriate if you need to ask something but don’t need moderator action taken

Post in thread 'Forum changes'
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/forum-changes.46554/post-467372

I get that ... but im just pointin out that
- there was FULL BLOWN Announcement - that Forum moderation will be changed - as KoI got caned ...
* and if U see something suss - you use @mod - to point it out.
- then spam Bot comes back from 2year hiatus - and starts to spam / while our posts were bein deleted in past for WAY less infraction
and keeps SPAMIN spam spam spam spam ...
- you tag MOD .. nothing is being done
- Announcement 2 - Ohh sorry ... tags not working ... just go back to "report" button ..

And we are left with what ?! Spam on forum?

U know ... some1 will think they just toying with us ... with the way they doin things ... just to enrage their users

Morb

Private
Don't have experience with the previous version of gbg, so can't compare, how it has changed, but so far I'm really enjoying the gameplay. Came back to the game after 4-5 year pause, last year September. It took me 3 seasons to figure out the basics. Learned a lot more when I was promoted to gbg general.

I love how there are so many ways to improve guilds performance by using all the mechanics - province buildings, locked down times, attrition multipliers.
We are a mid-tier guild, for the first seasons we were jumping between platinum and diamond. It's great to have a fresh set of guilds every season, so every season is not the same. We got better as a team and we'll have 3 consecutive diamond league participations + first diamond league victory. Even when you have strong players, you need to work as a team to achieve something. That's what makes gbg the most interesting part of the game.

What surprised me is that even 100 mil + players don't know the difference between different attrition multipliers. And it was not apparent to me as well in the first seasons. If there weren't so many good external sources of information, I guess I would still struggle to get more fights per season. Conclusion - gbg rewards those, who are willing to do research.
Rewards are great. When I looked at stats, how much fp, goods, troops, diamonds I earn, it made sense to boost military stats.
The strength gap between guilds within a league is wide, but what can you expect when you have 10 or even less strong guilds within a server. Even at NBA, NHL the difference between weakest and strongest teams is quite big.

One thing I would add - activity log for desktop. Have to use my phone, to check, who did certain actions.
Other than that - gbg is great! Thanks, Inno!

Morb

Private
What do you mean? There's battlegrounds log for desktop.
Activity log with notifications about, who did certain actions on the map (intruded, built, conquered). My version of the game on the desktop doesn't include such feature. Mobile version has it.

Timer X7

Private
I wonder if something can be done about this biggest loser competition going on at 1000lp on every server. I honestly thought the new personal rewards would be enough for everyone to do their best all the time, but no, even more people are trying to lose so they can get free stuff. People in this thread called it months ago and I didn't believe them. Wild

I Am The Cat

Private
Playing solo is an active choice - it's not really the way the game is set up to be played, hence all the special privileges on interacting with guildmates.
A solo player simply isn't going to be able to compete, just as a good small guild can't compete with a good large guild, and that's because multiplayer cooperation is always going to beat what you can do on your own; if you don't want to be in a guild, then fair enough, but the Guild Battlegrounds were specifically set up for guilds, so a special single-player division, which is what you seem to be requesting, isn't very likely.
I actually thought participation was blocked unless you were in a guild of at least three people, but maybe that was the Guild Expedition?
Thanks for the insight. I didn't realise it was a choice.

I Am The Cat

Private
It's actually way more fairer now than it was before with small and loners guilds into the mix. The days a loner could lock 10/20+ sectors in one go are over so only the sky is the limit has been terminated by Inno with the attrition cap. Inno made it very clear they wanted more members being able to participate in GbG and not just 1,2 or 3 folks painting the maps in one color.

The goods required are the same for everyone and loners have the advantage to only require goods from the age they are in.

It's up to you, as a loner, to change and adapt to become competitive again but not in diamond or top plat league anymore. That's finished and should never have been possible in the first place.
Likewise, I could equally say to every other post in this thread "it's up to you, as a guild to change and adapt to become competitive again but not in diamond or top plat league anymore. That's finished and should never have been possible in the first place."

But I'd sound like an arrogant eejit.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Likewise, I could equally say to every other post in this thread "it's up to you, as a guild to change and adapt to become competitive again but not in diamond or top plat league anymore. That's finished and should never have been possible in the first place."

But I'd sound like an arrogant eejit.
I can only talk about P-server, my main city, but that's what I'm seeing now, small guilds adapting and back where they should be, including in diamond league here and there. Three to five man guilds are now again extremely competitive in mid to high plat, the ones highly dedicated to GbG.

For a loner being able to compete in mid plat (750-800 LP) ain't that bad at all, while crushing everything in gold league when sinking down. You, we, only need to do the effort and changes in our city to achieve this. Before it was easy, burst the map in a day or two or three, take 30+ sectors and hold it, but that's finished for loners. It's not that bad, at least not for me.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
Congratz to Inno on another successful mass user loss spree, with this GBG Championship and rankings farse ... Lots of people losing interest in the game ... gratz really :D

KronikPillow

Sergeant
I can only talk about P-server, my main city, but that's what I'm seeing now, small guilds adapting and back where they should be, including in diamond league here and there. Three to five man guilds are now again extremely competitive in mid to high plat, the ones highly dedicated to GbG.

For a loner being able to compete in mid plat (750-800 LP) ain't that bad at all, while crushing everything in gold league when sinking down. You, we, only need to do the effort and changes in our city to achieve this. Before it was easy, burst the map in a day or two or three, take 30+ sectors and hold it, but that's finished for loners. It's not that bad, at least not for me.
lol, gold and platinum league ... the mere fact that you can reach diamond with that guild, is bad

KronikPillow

Sergeant
Can you explain to me why I should listen to posts about flawed mechanics? I am in no position to do anything about mechanics you consider to be flawed. Apart from that, as far as I am concerned there is nothing flawed about those mechanics. Guild participation has been given a boost and now other guilds also have a chance of winning. It is not the same guilds over and over again. Nothing flawed about that. It is a big improvement.

I am nobody's Agent, nor do I need to share, or even better, support your opinion. I am not obliged to follow the herd like a good sheep. If you feel that is alienating, so be it. I am not going to adjust my opinion just because of that.
can you not understand that you personally and Knight of ICE, and the way your responding to the community, is the reason why nobody wants to come engage to these forums? There is a entire 2 year thread history of your abuse towards users, It is not your job to argue the player-base, you should resign like Knight of ICE did as you clearly do not understand what a job of a Forum Moderator who represents the company, should behave like ... go back to your troll corner, nobody cares about your personal opinion on the matter, we are here to deliver feedback to Inno games, not to argue with your personal thoughts ... I mean, you only prove that everything I said on Discord about Inno, and how you treat the community is absolutely valid and true ... Your the reason your not getting any real feedback from relevant players and guilds, cuz they have better things to do in life then to be put down by a forum troll that is empowered by the company to alienate the community

Last edited:

Kev-

Private
Well just to highlight how poorly Inno's efforts at leveling up have worked we'd a decent size Guild on Global openly admit there in com's with Inno via tickets asking to be moved down from Diamond.................. Well done Inno your attempts at leveling up suck why don't you listen to people that play the game the attrition cap is making it harder for the smaller guilds not easier as prophisied the strong are getting stronger the weak weaker.
Stop tinkering sort out the match up and while your at it sort out the NOT Global Ranking name or include all VP and Champ wins into the ranking system.

Agent327

Overlord
Well just to highlight how poorly Inno's efforts at leveling up have worked we'd a decent size Guild on Global openly admit there in com's with Inno via tickets asking to be moved down from Diamond

Maybe they can not make it in diamond, but Guild size has nothing to do with that.

Well done Inno your attempts at leveling up suck why don't you listen to people that play the game the attrition cap is making it harder for the smaller guilds not easier as prophisied the strong are getting stronger the weak weaker.

I am in a small Guild, 16 members, and the cap has made it easier for us. We are no longer pinned down in our home base. Sure there are Guilds still trying to do it, by keeping sectors on 219/220, but that has nothing to do with the cap.

harold mouse

Corporal
Can you explain to me why I should listen to posts about flawed mechanics? I am in no position to do anything about mechanics you consider to be flawed.

I could point out that this is a thread for feedback to Inno, not for eliciting the opinion of Agent. Of course there is something you can do. You can shut up and allow Inno to listen to feed back without having to wade through streams of unnecessary garbage generated by Agent/KoI.

You should remember that the fool on the hill is a classic case of Dunning-Kruger syndrome (google it). He knows nothing because he doesn't listen to anyone. He only thinks he knows they are the fools because he is too stupid to know anything at all,

But I am past thinking you are really so stupid. You are a troll, pure and simple, Your purpose is to damage Inno's reputation by pretending to represent their viewpoint, and to damage the forum by posting offensive garbage at every opportunity.