• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB Contribution Rewards Shouldn't be a Race

DeletedUser110127

Proposal:

Contribution rewards for GBs should be changed to a percentage reward system for FPs and Medals, rather than the current 1st - 5th spot system that encourages a race to the top and disproportionaly rewards players with higher FP production capacity.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else?
I haven't seen anything similar posted.

Reason:

The current system for contribution rewards is, in my opinion, deeply flawed. It does not foster cooperation and is purely a race to the top spots, with someone eventually losing out on a lot of FPs and medals. This can cause frustration not only among friends and in a neighborhood, but also within guilds, where higher level members with greater FP production capacity typically overtake lower members for the limited reward spots.

Details:

Instead of only the top five spots being rewarded, each GB should have a set "reward pool" that each contributor draws a reward from, based on the amount of FPs he's contributed, once the GB is leveled. This reward pool would encompass FPs and Medals only. BPs would remain a 1st-5th reward.

Example:

The Arc Level 6 to 7 (620 FP required to level)

Total Reward Pool:
120 FP
3291 Medals

Example Rewards (Current System):

Player A - 1st (175 Contributed)
70 FP
1732 Medals
2 BP

Player B - 2nd (158 Contributed)
35 FP
866 Medals
2 BP

Player C - 3rd (45 Contributed)
10 FP
433 Medals
1 BP

Player D - 4th (40 Contributed)
5 FP
173 Medals
1 BP

Player E - 5th (30 Contributed)
87 Medals
1 BP

Players in 6th Spot or lower (172 Total Contributed)
No Reward

As you can see from this real-life example, the 1st and 2nd spot players were engaged in a race for the top spot. Unfortunately, the 2nd player likely lost a lot of FPs in the race. Additionally, all players 6th or lower received nothing for their efforts.

Example Rewards (Proposed System):

Player A - 1st (175 Contributed - This is 175/620 = 27.7% of the total possible contribution)
33 FP (27.7% of total reward pool)
911 Medals (27.7% of total reward pool)
2 BP (Reward for 1st Place)

Player B - 2nd (158 Contributed - 158/620 = 25.5%)
31 FP (25.5% of total reward pool)
839 Medals (25.5% of total reward pool)
2 BP (Reward for 2nd Place)

Player C - 3rd (45 Contributed - 45/620 = 7.3%)
9 FP (7.3% of total reward pool)
240 Medals (7.3% of total reward pool)
1 BP (Reward for 3rd Place)

Player D - 4th (40 Contributed - 40/620 = 6.5%)
8 FP (6.5% of total reward pool)
214 Medals (6.5% of total reward pool)
1 BP (Reward for 4th Place)

Player E - 5th (30 Contributed - 30/620 = 4.8%)
6 FP (4.8% of total reward pool)
158 Medals (4.8% of total reward pool)
1 BP (Reward for 5th Place)

6th Spot + (aka. The Remainder) (172 Total Contributed - 172/620 = 27.7%)
33 FP
929 Medals
No BP Reward

The remainder would be distributed in the same manner as spots 1-5, just without the BP reward, until the entire pool is exhausted. Inno could cut the reward off at 2 FP, due to the current FP pack system, or implement a method for players to get 1 FP as a reward.

Summary:

The proposal would create a far more equitable contribution reward system from donating to GBs. Lower contributers still get a chance to gain some medals and FPs, while higher contributors don't have to engage in a cutthroat race to the top with who are usually their own guild members.

Thanks for reading!

Zenzin
253 Squadron
Mount Killmore

DeletedUser12146

Inno doesn't care about fair :D
I worked hard to snipe 1st/2nd places, why would I support this idea?
If I don't see profit in taking place, I won't, and a lot of others won't either, so with this idea comes less contributions to GB's :D

DeletedUser110127

Inno doesn't care about fair :D
I worked hard to snipe 1st/2nd places, why would I support this idea?
If I don't see profit in taking place, I won't, and a lot of others won't either, so with this idea comes less contributions to GB's :D

I work hard to snipe those places too, and I still support this idea. Why? Because it allows more people to benefit from the rewards, which would actually mean more contribution to GBs, not less. It would give more incentive for initiatives like guild GB leveling. (Observatory, as one example) I, for one, don't want to compete against my own guild members for this.

joesoap

Major-General
what happens if the owner of the gb adds fps, say they add 50%, is 50% of the rewards taken out of the reward pool?

DeletedUser109385

Since you are from 253 Squadron I will give this idea a +1! Why? Because I like supporting my guild mates!
P.s: I am from 253 Squadron as well;)

DeletedUser110168

higher level members with greater FP production capacity typically overtake lower members for the limited reward spots.
Rarely do people rely on producing fps nowadays with all these high level arcs, its more sniping than anything.

I give this idea a -1 because within the existing game you could easily implement this idea in some form.
It would give more incentive for initiatives like guild GB leveling. (Observatory, as one example) I, for one, don't want to compete against my own guild members for this.
Then don't compete against your guild members xD It's really that simple. For example: even when someone posts in the guild mail thread about cheap obs bps (free for me with my arc), I don't donate. Why not? Because I leave the prints for lower people to get their obs up. Either make that your own policy, or make it a guild one, and this wouldn't be a problem.

I would support this idea though if you changed it a little bit: Instead of EVERY gb having this reward pool, maybe let the owner check a little box on the gb or something to enable it FOR THAT PARTICULAR GB. Would easily allow your idea to take affect for all of your added benefits, and it would allow the rest of us to put our fps on a gb that doesn't give proportional rewards instead :) Additionally, this would have the added effect of being able to compare how fast gbs under your proposal, and outside of it, will level.

DeletedUser110127

what happens if the owner of the gb adds fps, say they add 50%, is 50% of the rewards taken out of the reward pool?

The reward pool would remain the same. In my example, if owner were to add 50%, the reward pool would remain at 120 FPs. The owner just reduces the original 620 FP leveling requirement is all.

DeletedUser110127

Rarely do people rely on producing fps nowadays with all these high level arcs, its more sniping than anything.
Not everyone has a high level Arc

I give this idea a -1 because within the existing game you could easily implement this idea in some form.
You can't exactly control what neighbors or friends do.

Then don't compete against your guild members xD It's really that simple. For example: even when someone posts in the guild mail thread about cheap obs bps (free for me with my arc), I don't donate. Why not? Because I leave the prints for lower people to get their obs up. Either make that your own policy, or make it a guild one, and this wouldn't be a problem.
BP rewards aren't changed with my system. My proposal addresses FP and Medal rewards, not BPs.

I would support this idea though if you changed it a little bit: Instead of EVERY gb having this reward pool, maybe let the owner check a little box on the gb or something to enable it FOR THAT PARTICULAR GB. Would easily allow your idea to take affect for all of your added benefits, and it would allow the rest of us to put our fps on a gb that doesn't give proportional rewards instead :) Additionally, this would have the added effect of being able to compare how fast gbs under your proposal, and outside of it, will level.
This would be a good compromise actually.

DeletedUser110168

Not everyone has a high level Arc
Agreed, I only have a level 14 xD In older worlds though there are half a dozen or more that have lvl 50+ Arcs.

You can't exactly control what neighbors or friends do.
You can control friends and neighbors to some extent, kick friends off your list and ask neighbors nicely. If the neighbors don't like it then start plundering...

BP rewards aren't changed with my system. My proposal addresses FP and Medal rewards, not BPs.
My point was this:
cheap obs bps (free for me with my arc)
I would be making an fp profit and picking up bps as well. I chose not to because other people need the bps. :)

DeletedUser16126

+1, Although I currently race daily for the top rewards, I support this proposal, because it's indeed more fair to everyone
But I would go further, and just give every FP donation a fixed weight, so not dependent on GB level etc. (because the high levels of a GB always give a better pay payout ratio than the lowest ones ; high levels, not the extreme levels)
e.g. for every 3 FPs invested you'll get 1 back in return (that can again be boosted by arc to almost double it)

Or another proposal could be to spread the rewards over much more contributors, and lower the rewards of the first 2 spots accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator: