• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Inbox filled with old deleted message threads

DeletedUser11794

Another problem I see: Messages that you send, simply disappear unless somebody else replies to them. So, if you're searching for a message that you wrote, but nobody replied to yet, you can't find it.

PLEASE DEAL WITH THIS MESS! PRETTY PLEEEEEASE!

DeletedUser16877

Yes i must admit this is becoming more than annoying having to delete several pages of old messages each day is not really very clever.:mad:

DeletedUser2206

Another problem I see: Messages that you send, simply disappear unless somebody else replies to them. So, if you're searching for a message that you wrote, but nobody replied to yet, you can't find it.

PLEASE DEAL WITH THIS MESS! PRETTY PLEEEEEASE!

messages that you sent, but were not yet replied to will or at least should, be in your outbox/sent messages; that is the middle tab when you click the flasher showing that you have messages.

DeletedUser9070

messages that you sent, but were not yet replied to will or at least should, be in your outbox/sent messages; that is the middle tab when you click the flasher showing that you have messages.

Should, yes, but with this new chat system, what mac8 mentioned is actually happening, mostly for multi-messages, it just disappears.
Some replies to single messages changed the receiver to "unknown" and I generally don't get any more replies at this point, could be coincidence that they don't reply but Im wondering if my reply gets lost and receiver never actually gets it.

DeletedUser2206

What I found helpful is to clean out the mailboxes completely, except for what you want/need to keep. Then, refresh your page; all should be back to normal, but keep in mind that this may take a couple of days, as a new batch may spring up. On one world, I cleaned out some 80 pages; next day I had 117 pages, and the third day, 180. These messages dated back to New Year's Eve, according to the date, on en8, which I don't believe was up and running yet. All 8 worlds now appear (for now) back to normal, with no world cross-over remaining.

DeletedUser1032

... All 8 worlds now appear (for now) back to normal, with no world cross-over remaining.

Not sure what you meant by normal, but I've sent some messages today, and my outbox is still empty.

DeletedUser

Tsarina et.al. I'm sorry to inform you that nothing is normal (still):
Messages to All guild members do not advance properly (new message doesn't come on top, it gets stuck in it's previous position )
Messages to single member advance and push Messages to all guild members downwards, but do not go on top when replied.

First (start of the thread) personal and "All guild members" messages do not show in Outbox properly or at all
- Started new thread - it didn't showed properly, instead duplicated existing thread was showed.
- after first reload, it all messed up - new thread doesn't show up, but sometimes old, already deleted thread show instead.
- on second reload - no new starter-threads in outbox.

My reply to "All guild members" show correctly in outbox and pushes other messages downwards (going to top)
Sent 2 messages to all guild members:
- they didn't show up properly, instead duplicated (x2) personal message (to single member) appeared.
- after reload nothing show up.

###
From everything stated here, and by using simple logic - it looks someone managed to displace / misplace lines of code which control behavior of new messages and actions after "post" control to the server.
This is server side error - but never saw Server made an Error notification.

It would be great to have message system back in normal - as stated many times before, it is backbone of social interaction in the game, and without it running properly it is impossible to run the guild or to have at least decent information about needs of guildies. Also it imaiprs any interaction involving Guild and Friend recruitment or trades outside the guild.

DeletedUser

I am having similar issues. When I open up new messages I see the last message that I sent out. Also the most recent messages that I have sent are not being saved in my outbox.

DeletedUser

Message ID is clearly borked, please undo the changes to mail system asap.
Then please test changes 'properly' before you make it almost impossible to manage a guild.

Inno needs to fill those vacancies for testers and developers :P
Maybe this bug resulted in 2 more jobs :D

DeletedUser

Think we also are not seeing returned messages if we have deleted them from our out box before the reciever has opened the sent message. Have had a couple guild members reply when i asked them if they had seen my message, and they said they had replyed back which i never got. That or thier in limbo and ill get them like all the old back dated deleted ones ive been getting. (this has gotten a lot less for me over the last two days)

Add: the inbox and out box are not updating the same mail correctly either. ill reply to a message and the out box updates but the in box does not. Deleting either the one in the in box or out box is clearing both.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Today, messages are bit less erratic but:
1.New "all guild members" msgs. still do not advance on top.
2. Personal messages (player to player) go on top then get stuck with replies (don't move)
3. Outdated, deleted but unanswered single messages keep coming back to outbox/inbox. 2 week span noticed.

It would be of great help if we can get some feedback from Devs what is the status of this issue, and when we can expect fix to it.
Thanks!

DeletedUser3157

DUnno what the updates yesterday were about, but there are still quite some problems remanining. Nastiest is how new msges don't load at times(inbox flashes though), so gotta f5 to see em. I've noticed it mostly about huge guild msges. Another one is that all ur outbox msges which have not been replied yet dissapear right away when you click on outbox. And ofc the issie about the order of msges, they are still listed by the timestamp of first original msg sent. Hope u get to fix em soon enough, hint.

DeletedUser1032

Is there any news on this bug yet? I've sent about ten messages just now, and none of them are in my outbox.

DeletedUser276

its something to do with them changing the system. they are trying to merge certain aspects of the game and this is an unfortunate side effect. Hopefully it will be corrected soon and running properly.

DeletedUser1032

I've sent a message this morning, to which there was a reply. But its addressee still shows as "Unknown" in my message box.

DeletedUser1032

I don't think this bug is fixed yet. I got a reply to one of my messages that I've sent earlier today, and it shows 'Unknown' instead of the player's name.

Also, there was another message and its reply from two or three days ago that initially showed the proper addressee's player name, but today it shows as 'Unknown'.

So problem is still there, definitely not fixed.

DeletedUser

It has now been weeks and weeks since this bug was first reported to this forum and yet little has been done about it.

When it was first reported, the devs should have scrapped whatever changes they made to the messaging system and gone back to the old one but no, in their infinite wisdom they decided to ignore the users of this game and mess about with it some more trying to fix the mess they made of it, by working on it whilst live.

I can confirm that it is STILL messed up as of 18th April 2013
Messages go missing.
Some messages in the inbox list come from 'unknown' until you open them.
New messages don't appear at the top of the inbox.
Sent messages don't always appear in the outbox.
Inbox icon flashes but new messages do not load.

Some issues have been fixed, but this is still a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

't Is true...

but it's also true (and has been pointed out more than once, for instance, see Blacksmith's post third above yours) that this is all part of changing the messaging system. It may be better to wait till that's fully implemented, than to ask to return to the old situation.

Anyhow, in my case all seems to be working well. What I do may not work for everyone though.
Once a message is read or "done" I just delete it, which means I only have new messages now, and I can only view them in the world they belong in. Also, it helps if message lines that were started before this update are not being replied to anymore - start a new one and continue there.

I think it's a matter of spring-cleaning ;) .... and some patience for some.

DeletedUser

.....in my case all seems to be working well. What I do may not work for everyone though.
Once a message is read or "done" I just delete it, which means I only have new messages now, and I can only view them in the world they belong in

But if I get a message from another player, and I reply, then I delete it, if that person replies back, I will never receive it. I tested it out when I had 0 messages on my inbox.

So I have to keep all the messages in my inbox, in case somebody replies, and I don't want to miss it.