• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Splitting/Joining Forge Points

• Thread starter DeletedUser7719
  • Start date

DeletedUser7719

Proposal:
The ability to split or join forge point packages.

Have I...:
Yes, nothing similar

Details:
After seeing a discussion on the forge point limit, an idea of splitting forge points popped up, and I have decided to see the opinions on how much one would want this. Evidence:
I would suggest that an alternative would be for developers to give players a mechanism to split a 10 FP package into two 5 FP packages.
So the details would be another button to split a 10-point package into two 5's and join five 2-point packages into a 10-point package

Reasons:
Would really like to see the Forge Point counter not affected by the utilization
of the large 10 FP package. it resets to zero.
I always felt mildly disappointed when using a 10 forge point package since it maxes out your limit for a bit.
-It allows players to utilize FP packages without penalty
opening a 10 FP package resets the counter, and at least for myself, time is precious, so every minute counts.

Abuse:
I tried to think of an abuse, but I got nothing

Summary:
Read "Proposal"

DeletedUser

+1 from me, I would rather them just give all 5 forge point packages, and get it done, and over with tbh though, lol. Nice idea Byeordie, I did see this one coming though, lol.

Want to add my quote as well, lol

Reputation Button said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to byeordie again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Reputation Button said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to byeordie again.
Hrmph!

Anyway, neat idea. Not sure why you'd want to join two 5's, unless you just wanted to make it more convenient to use and didn't care about it resetting your FP timer. But I would certainly use the ability to split the 10 point packages were it in game.

DeletedUser5026

Ah, yes, the idea that I was too lazy to put into template form, hehe... +1 from me (obviously) for reasons already cited by BOD (thanks for taking the initiative). :)

Cheers,
L.R.

DeletedUser

+1,sucks that we need to wait til we hit the 55-59 min in the fp timer so we dont lose that much,but with this option we dont need to do that anymore

DeletedUser

I think splitting the FP's packages into smaller ones is a good idea. Really though, even better is if the FP timer never reset to zero (except at it's usual hourly intervals, of course!) - it just always counted down and if you already have 10 FP's when it runs out, the new one is lost but the timer restarts and continues.

DeletedUser653

+1 its a simple idea with no downsides and helps many players

DeletedUser

+1 from me for the idea and taking the initiative to put it on paper (so to speak ;)). The proposals below are also the most simple and practical solutions to the current issue and either a good alternative or an addition to splitting the FP packages. :)

I would rather them just give all 5 forge point packages, and get it done, and over with tbh though, lol.

&

Really though, even better is if the FP timer never reset to zero (except at it's usual hourly intervals, of course!) - it just always counted down and if you already have 10 FP's when it runs out, the new one is lost but the timer restarts and continues.

DeletedUser7719

Btw, I was wondering. Does anyone care about the joining part of the proposal? (The join 5 2-point packages for a ten) because I haven't heard a comment, and I might as well remove it if it isn't that useful

DeletedUser

Btw, I was wondering. Does anyone care about the joining part of the proposal? (The join 5 2-point packages for a ten) because I haven't heard a comment, and I might as well remove it if it isn't that useful

Personally, I don't feel much for it. Isn't the whole issue, and hence this proposal, about the fact that 10 FP packages cause the counter to reset? However, I can imagine how for some players it might be handy, e.g. donating your packages to Great Buildings without having to click back and forth. Having more options open is a good thing, I think.

DeletedUser

If they change FP MAX from 10 to 11, then you don't have to worry about timer being reset.
Or if they make when you use your 10 FP package, the timer doesn't reset.

DeletedUser6461

+1 for the entire idea.
Also, the counter resetting should be cancelled. it's so hard to keep a watch on the next forge point production so that we will not loose any resetting time :( so better to avoid the timer resetting or give us an extra button to split it :)

DeletedUser

I think you would be correct to remove the joining part. Keeping it simple is the key to getting it done, IMHO. Your idea is great.
+1

Off topic: I wish the countdown timer would not reset but I think that would be an alternate idea. I mean; either split the 10fp package as you suggest, or have the countdown timer continue to 0 with no reset (which means when it reaches zero it will stay there and you will get 1 fp immediately after you use one or more)

DeletedUser

or have the countdown timer continue to 0 with no reset (which means when it reaches zero it will stay there and you will get 1 fp immediately after you use one or more)

This would be my preference for sure. Less work for players to use FP packages (splitting 10 FPs into two packages means returning to inventory twice to use them).

DeletedUser

what they should do is make the counter count to 11 if you still have ten then it stops

DeletedUser98682

+1 from me - whole idea is good - though also not sure about combining 2 x 5fp's :) Tracy

DeletedUser15432

Proposal:
The ability to split or join forge point packages.

Have I...:
Yes, nothing similar

Details:
After seeing a discussion on the forge point limit, an idea of splitting forge points popped up, and I have decided to see the opinions on how much one would want this. Evidence:

So the details would be another button to split a 10-point package into two 5's and join five 2-point packages into a 10-point package

Reasons:

Abuse:
I tried to think of an abuse, but I got nothing

Summary:
Read "Proposal"

Extremely good idea +1 from me, although not sure about combining packages, might be better when game gives a large package or packages that it/they are split into multiple medium packages

DeletedUser97579

I'd tend to agree, and I raised something similar with http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...rge-point-package-resets-the-generation-timer - basically told "suck it up and use the package just after the hourly addition".

I'd like to see it implemented in the form of one of the comments here:
I think splitting the FP's packages into smaller ones is a good idea. Really though, even better is if the FP timer never reset to zero (except at it's usual hourly intervals, of course!) - it just always counted down and if you already have 10 FP's when it runs out, the new one is lost but the timer restarts and continues.

but if we're modifying the forge points can we please also add in http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...ick-quot-Use-Forge-Point-Package-quot-buttons ?

Amy Steele

General
+1 from me on the splitting FP packs idea, though I would be less interested in seeing a 'join FP packs'. Alternatively Herluth's idea
+1 from me, I would rather them just give all 5 forge point packages, and get it done, and over with tbh
is a simple solution to the FP timer problem.

DeletedUser6065

Getting confused here folks. To me a 'Forge Point Package' is what lives in my inventory. The 'Forge Point Plate' is what shows on my city screen. Are we talking inventory (join 5 2pt. packages), screen (timer discussions) or both? Hopefully both, as both would be very useful tools. The 'join/split in inventory' (example 1 - join: my city 'plate' is empty, but I need 4 more FP - join 2/2's. example 2 - split: city plate is empty and I need 4 more FP, but alas, I have only a 5 package. Split 4/1). Splitting the city plate is pretty self-explanatory. Just a clarification issue . . . mk