• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guilds Update Feedback

joesoap

Major-General
you have this so wrong..... the inno player base for FOE will diminish FAST..... most people only play the game BECAUSE of gvg.....
remove that, the player base moves on with their cash to other games by other producers.... seen it so many times....
end game... FOE closes without a mention....
its inno's call, but i reckon its not got very long before its over....
I wondered how long it would take before hearing that a game change would be the end of FoE, its true that some will leave & will be missed by their circle of friends but a lot of people won't even notice them gone

Ev4ma

Captain
1% is a misleading stat thats selected on purpose, we both know that klods. They leave in all the inactive accounts- but if select for say long established players who logged in ever day for years, its far more than 1 percent of them fo gvg- and inno know this.
Inno doesnt care, they are promise breakers.

All game features cost money simply to exist; just like you cannot switch on your lights without paying your electricity company :)
I spoke to an expert on this who has experience when it comes to hosting things on servers aka @Matt999
20:32 Matt999: impossible to say because it depends if the servers are end-of-life and they need to upgrade them

20:32 Matt999: but assuming it's just running on the existing hardware, with no work going into the feature, very little
Inno can just go leave GvG alone, let GvG Rankings exist, and it will cost very little, keeping everyone happy.

If inno insists I would like to propose a GvG Memorial building given to people who regularly fought GvG, and if they click on it or anyone visiting clicks on it it could pop-up a little infobox about what GvG was, a list of guilds that did very well in GvG, and perhaps allow people to upload pictures of their GvG Memories if they have any, or perhaps even stories or quotes about what GvG was to them.

*Neo

Private
Well GVG is game where we spend 30-60 mins in the game while talking each other on discord.
i havent really know exactly what this guild raids will bring to the table, but if it wont be the same level game (max 1 hour daily with requires multiple players to show up at certain time and do the work it will not be good enough mode to replace GVG.)

Sacahari3l

Private
The year 2023 seems to be changing the game fully in the sense of pay-to-play.
1. Introduction of GE lv5 that uses tremendous amounts of goods unless you can fight it through, but to be able to fight it through you need defensive army stats that weren't good for anything in the entire existence of the game.
2. GbG overhaul resulting in vastly increased cost both in guild goods and diamonds while significantly reducing the rewards by introducing attrition reduction cap, which side effect expect major reduction to the total number of fights player can do per day is the need for much higher attack army bonuses.
3. Removing the GvG which didn't require a single diamond to play or crazy army bonuses and replacing it with the Guild raids which for sure gonna need both.
What a coincidence that events in 2023 brought in a premium pass as an addition to the diamond costs and buildings so powerful that nothing released in the 10-year history of the game comes anywhere near it. As buildings with attacking and defending army bonuses both for attack and defense, huge numbers of goods and forge points all in one just didn't exist in the game before 2023.

1% is a misleading stat thats selected on purpose, we both know that klods. They leave in all the inactive accounts- but if select for say long established players who logged in ever day for years, its far more than 1 percent of them fo gvg- and inno know this.
Probably true

Deleted member 127677

Well. Finally. I have loved Gvg, have played it more or less actively for years, Depleted my troops, some guild goods, huge medal stocks, and still loved it. But. It wasn’t Inno that killed my Gvg interest, it was my fellow players, the botters, the double accounts, and the ghosts. Not to mention the obvious, the subsequent lack of players logging on for Gvg, the lack of inclusiveness both in terms of platform and the antisocial hours, and the complete insanity of a couple of nights of Gvg meaning you could find yourself a top 5 guild with a few active players only. While guilds actually consist of a few more people. So, thank you for finally bringing this chapter to a close.

As for guild raids, I like others am waiting with bated breath, do bring some more information so we can provide feedback properly. In the meantime, please explain what will happen to the support pool bonus of several great buildings, the new Pegasus building among them (surel;y you were aware you included that, not so many moons ago?). Preferably replace it with something that will be useful in Gbg, and/or Guild Raids.

joesoap

Major-General
according to the announcement....
Q: What will happen to the GvG rankings
A:
They will be frozen in time in their state at the shutdown to commemorate all the impressive achievements by Guilds

the only real reflection of how gvg finished was yesterdays rankings, after the announcement was made today guilds may start doing things they have never done, some may try to improve their standings to make them look better than they ever were, others might band together to topple the top guild, who knows but with the end of gvg in sight then theres no consequence to actions taken over the next few months

Hektik Keef

Private
You better get youe def up again for guild raids, it going to be heavy.
Hard pass- looks like garbage. zero mental challenge, zero teamwork, just get ten peeps to blindly stab a button much like GBG. Combined with increasing pay to win elements of game, i will look after guild till im done then move on to a game that isn't becoming increasingly brainless and tedious

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
i first starting playing back in 2012, there was no gvg back then, the game was attack the hoods for points and try to win the pvp championship,

i remember the outrage when gvg first was brought in, inno changed the attack gbs down from 5% per level to just 3% level 10 was the max attack boost you could have,
there was so many people all saying they will quit the game as the new gvg was showing itself up to be a huge farming quest and people were flying up the ranks etc
i was number 2 at the time and was chasing hard on number 1 spot but when gvg came out there was no way i could match the cheats that worked out how to swap sectors etc, anyway i quit the game in disgust at how inno just brought it in and not a care about its players,
all these years on and they still just do as they please and swap the game around without a care about the players who play the game

i came back a couple of years later and had to start the game anew so anyone who is thinking of quitting the game i would suggest they dont delete there city just in case they might come back again

i feel sorry for many of my friends who have been playing gvg for such a long time, its just been a big part of there game, i have only used gvg for extra points i attack sectors for the points only i never take sectors, so its always landing zones, i have no interest in gvg other than that, it will not be a big loss for me
i will wait to see what inno bring in to replace it as i will miss my extra points i can make from gvg and already there have been such big changes in gbg that have hit my points making hard, before i decide what my future will be,
anyone who does decide to quit the game i would urge them to not delete there city like i once did as you might come back later on and find you can enjoy the game again like i did but as i say i will wait and see first this time sorry for all gvg players who will lose there game i am angry at inno for doing what they want when they want as they really treat us the players as nothing we dont matter but that is my only moan at this stage

powerscream

Private
Is the new feature going to be geared so that small guilds/solo players have equal opportunity
The new GBG system (almost) makes small guilds progressing in Diamond (and thus getting the added feature building) impossible

KDS-33

Private
GvG is the only part of the game where it doesnt forces u to pay so you can win.
That is the entire problem. Inno doesn't make money with diamonds in this game so it gets chopped. All long-term players that came to FOE just because of GvG get a straight hit into the face. GVG gets replaced now with some other Elvenar feature copy to produce more diamond sales. That's all about. I just hope that greed becomes a boomerang one day.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Guess this means *** Please mind that both of these events will come to live servers only after the Beta testing phase, which we do not expect to be over earlier than end of this year. Of course, we will keep you posted on the timeline for the live release as it still can change.**** that it will be coming to the English servers right away, since English servers appear to be Beta testing just as much as any other Beta