• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

General conversation

Deleted member 109369

They let anyone be a mod, they're desperate

No we aren't :P

Welcome home:blush:

Thank you. It's nice to be able to focus here again

That's kind of a strange requirement, if you ask me. Encouraging people to hurry up the ages and screw up their entire game just for five minutes of fame.

Not really and we don't want you to rush through the game, but some game experience is pretty necessary to be a mod . I'm still waiting for my 5 minutes of fame though

Emma999

Captain
No we aren't :P

Thank you. It's nice to be able to focus here again

Not really and we don't want you to rush through the game, but some game experience is pretty necessary to be a mod . I'm still waiting for my 5 minutes of fame though
I won't be a good mod anyway I can be off topic or a pain
I do like to run my own pretend forum lol

Ati2

Legend
Not really and we don't want you to rush through the game, but some game experience is pretty necessary to be a mod .

Make the applicants take a quiz or something. :D I'm fairly certain that I knew more about the game in Iron Age than most people in Colonial, so the age they are in is definitely not an indication of game experience.

Deleted member 109369

its a guideline as most things are. I've had mods who have camped in IA for years be very successful, and mods who are in SAM not so much lol . And the application does say CA or can demonstrate good game knowledge or some such wording. But someone who has played for all of three weeks is likely not going to be successful no :P

Emma999

Captain
its a guideline as most things are. I've had mods who have camped in IA for years be very successful, and mods who are in SAM not so much lol . And the application does say CA or can demonstrate good game knowledge or some such wording
Lady Marlena how long do you need to play to be a mod

Make the applicants take a quiz or something. :D I'm fairly certain that I knew more about the game in Iron Age than most people in Colonial, so the age they are in is definitely not an indication of game experience.
As a mod you should have at least basic knowledge about all the eras in the game and how all the different features in the game work and how the whole game flow works. How can you mod a thread about SAM e.g. if you know nothing about SAM?

Deleted member 109369

Lady Marlena how long do you need to play to be a mod

Im not going to put a time on it. But between a players application and then subsequent voice interview with them we can usually determine if there is enough knowledge there to start with

As a mod you should have at least basic knowledge about all the eras in the game and how all the different features in the game work and how the whole game flow works. How can you mod a thread about SAM e.g. if you know nothing about SAM?

Forum and support modding are two different animals really. For forums yes, I'd say you need all of that. For support some of that can be taught but as you say basic game knowledge needs to be there.

Ati2

Legend
I agree, as long as we remember that just the age someone is in does not mean they know anything about the game or even just about ages up to that point.

I agree, as long as we remember that just the age someone is in does not mean they know anything about the game or even just about ages up to that point.
Yes. A player who's camped "forever" in IA or whatever low age may know a lot about the game, but s/he doesn't know how life on Mars is.

Emberguard

Legend
He went back to beta
I don’t see him on Beta.

I'd rather have @Emberguard back
:blush: maybe one day, but definitely not for a while

They let anyone be a mod, they're desperate
rofl. No they don’t :lol:

Have you read the application form?

It hurts ones arm and you can't see the map it's called hard mode
Extra hard mode.