• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Remove replay PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Ok this totally sucks! Can you please remove the replay button? It gives away my strategy and how I attack, my neighbours dont need to know that.
If this replay button is here to stay i am ready to leave this game.

Greetz

DeletedUser

Hey SpadeRacer,

I doubt the reply is very much of a give away.
This game only allows so much 'strategy' in attacking AI.
I don't think there is room for advanced strategic gameplay that others don't already use that would put you in any kind of disadvantage.

If you're worried that your neighbours can see you army - It's already visible by your town's military buildings.
If you're worried about neighbours making a specific army against yours - They can already make a specific army against your by looking at what you have in your town + you can't control your defenses anyway.
If you're worried about your neighbours seeing how you play - It's completely situational, depending on how the AI is forcing you to play

- L

DeletedUser

Lodroth, I havent seen somebody on this forum to twist the obvious like you do in quite a while. You do have a point to prove and you are going to use any means available. Congratulations. You should work in politics ;)
I wont start an argue on this topic because it`s not worth it. I`ll just say a few things: I can see a players military buildings and record his latest defenses and so I make an idea of what to send. Most of the players dont change their defenses or bother looking at your buildings like you say.
I have 17 military buildings in my city. How the heck could they even GUESS whats coming?? Well,now they do, thanks to you!
Now they can actually see your troops and adapt accordingly. They can change their defenses daily and theres nothing you can do about it. What was all about strategy it turns into lucky guess and probability.
With this change the admins messed up the active players who take time (hours a day) to fight their neighbourhoods and helped the noobs who couldnt defend themselves by showing them the attacker`s strategy...

Or maybe its the admins strategy. They do want to help the noobs and prevent them from leaving the game and they might succeed. However the downside is that the active players who fight a lot will realize its useless and give up fighting and just build shiny looking villas and decorations

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

... Well,now they do, thanks to you! ... With this change you screwed ... Well done Einstein!

I'm not sure if all of that was directed at me.. if it wasn't, I'm sorry but you didn't specify who 'you' is and you started the comment by addressing me..
Anyway, if it was.. I'm not responsible for anything that's happening with the game (such as reply getting implemented).. I'm just a player who answers questions on the forums, lol. ;)

(PS: your location is awesome xD)

- L

DeletedUser

Yes by you I didnt mean YOU per say, I meant the game staff :D

And judging by how you replied to SpadeRacer I put you in the same category with them, because you sounded like their best advocate. You basically told them what to say when players jump at their throat for this new change lol

DeletedUser3157

So what exactly are you afraid of? That players will actually adapt and start putting up more effective defenses? Hence either increase your daily losses or force you to adapt as well? Or that they learn from you and/or start using similar tactis to you and you gain more competition? Either way if you are good it won't matter at all. Should players adapt, that tendancy would be server wide not just your naberhood, so it would be harder for everyone. And harder PvP means better players will actually win. Or is it the possible increase of compeltition that you are afraid of?

I'm all in for schooling noobs, mandotory full naberhood attacks per day just to stay ranked are boring as hell and this game is far from being competative enough.

DeletedUser7092

I think replay is a great idea - just a shame it doesn't work properly ! (Keeps forwarding to end of replay with the Victory (or Defeat) box showing.)

DeletedUser

Hint, you have a point there with increasing competitiveness. I agree with you to a degree.
However increasing the competition too much will annihilate the whole reason for fighting in the long run. Why have 15-20 military buildings in your town when you can simply replace them with goods buildings or suppliers? Because eventually the losses from fighting (those troops dont just appear out of thin air, they cost gold and supplies; those buildings take a lot of population; etc.) will be too high and it will become useless to fight at all...
And we will all become a happy family, growing cattle and polishing eachother because fighting would become obsolete.
Im not afraid of competition, Im afraid this game will become boring...

DeletedUser

I`ll just say a few things: I can see a players military buildings and record his latest defenses and so I make an idea of what to send. Most of the players dont change their defenses or bother looking at your buildings like you say.
I have 17 military buildings in my city. How the heck could they even GUESS whats coming?? Well,now they do, thanks to you! ...
Now they can actually see your troops and adapt accordingly. They can change their defenses daily and theres nothing you can do about it. What was all about strategy it turns into lucky guess and probability.

Actually, I don't think much has changed.
So yes, people can see in hindsight what has happened - but that is no guarantee that the same thing will happen next time. It doesn't really mean they can prepare for it.
Not being able to guess with what troops someone comes? Nope, not precisely. But probably those troops that'll defeat the defensive army, no matter what's there ;) - and it's still like that.
By looking into someone's village, you can make an educated guess about what the enemy army will look like. Some people already checked, even regularly changed defensive armies. Yes, those are the ones who probably will replay the battles, and will try to learn from them. Other people never checked before and only had two spearmen in defence - they won't check either now :)
Just my opinion on it.

DeletedUser

Hey Noggbad, welcome to the Forums. :)

If it instantly shows the Victory box when you were the defender, I think it just means that they instantly Surrendered upon seeing your army.
That's what I gathered from it so far.
It might also be that your speed setting is on 9x, maybe if you do a battle and put it on a lower speed, the replays will play slower too. :)

@Wallachian:
This is actually more focused to be a Civilization Game as far as I understood it.
The battle features aren't as advanced as some other Innogames games that have Battles as an objective and focus. :)

- L

DeletedUser3157

Hint, you have a point there with increasing competitiveness. I agree with you to a degree.
However increasing the competition too much will annihilate the whole reason for fighting in the long run. Why have 15-20 military buildings in your town when you can simply replace them with goods buildings or suppliers? Because eventually the losses from fighting (those troops dont just appear out of thin air, they cost gold and supplies; those buildings take a lot of population; etc.) will be too high and it will become useless to fight at all...
And we will all become a happy family, growing cattle and polishing eachother because fighting would become obsolete.
Im not afraid of competition, Im afraid this game will become boring...

I see it different. Main source of borodom in this game for me is that this game is based too largely on only activity. And not the good kind, but doing repeative and boring things over and over again. Obviously collecting is all about activity, but for me and many other players I've talked with, so are PvPs. If you are ranked somewhere in top of your naberhood and know your way around battlefield, it is no problem for you to attack everyone in your naberhood every day. It just becomes this mandotory obligation for you if you want to stay ranked. And that is because PvP points make up such a large percentage of your ranking points, but they are so easy to obtain. In my server I am 40k points behind of the #1 player. And that is not because he is so much better than me, it is because I got twice so bored with the PvPs I took about 10 day breaks from them and nearly quit the game. Both 2 of the best mates I made in this game have quit by now for the said reason, they were respectively ranked #1 and #2 in the server the time they quit.

I'd like collecting to be about activity, but fighting to be about skill. Right now fighting is rarely about skill after you have figured out the winning strategies and mostly just as boring/repetitive as collecting. So any change that could potensially make fights harder and more challenging I welcome. I'd like it to be borderline impossible for anyone to clear their naberhoods on daily bases, so that only the best ones would even try and get somewhere in half way - if they have HUGE investment in military buildings. So that the large percentage of ranking points from fighting would be earned the hard way, not just as being someone who has 1-2h of free time every day.

DeletedUser4800

I do agree that it gives away strategy of the attacking guys, this will especially help noobs, though I doubt too much strategy will get out that isn't already known.

We all know about the 2 generally overpowered strategies, so I don't think its that big of a deal. But yes, overall it does give away strategy.

DeletedUser

I see it different. Main source of borodom in this game for me is that this game is based too largely on only activity. And not the good kind, but doing repeative and boring things over and over again. Obviously collecting is all about activity, but for me and many other players I've talked with, so are PvPs. If you are ranked somewhere in top of your naberhood and know your way around battlefield, it is no problem for you to attack everyone in your naberhood every day. It just becomes this mandotory obligation for you if you want to stay ranked. And that is because PvP points make up such a large percentage of your ranking points, but they are so easy to obtain. In my server I am 40k points behind of the #1 player. And that is not because he is so much better than me, it is because I got twice so bored with the PvPs I took about 10 day breaks from them and nearly quit the game. Both 2 of the best mates I made in this game have quit by now for the said reason, they were respectively ranked #1 and #2 in the server the time they quit.

I'd like collecting to be about activity, but fighting to be about skill. Right now fighting is rarely about skill after you have figured out the winning strategies and mostly just as boring/repetitive as collecting. So any change that could potensially make fights harder and more challenging I welcome. I'd like it to be borderline impossible for anyone to clear their naberhoods on daily bases, so that only the best ones would even try and get somewhere in half way - if they have HUGE investment in military buildings. So that the large percentage of ranking points from fighting would be earned the hard way, not just as being someone who has 1-2h of free time every day.

Then my experience is a bit different than yours. Attacking my neighbourhood is not a walk in the park all the time. I do get beaten :D I have quite a strong neighbourhood and I think I lost 3-4 fights in the last week.
However Im not complaining. Being defeated once in a while is the salt and pepper of the PvP system.
Problem is those defeats were costly. Not to mention that even if you win a fight with 8 longbows or cannons or a mixture of heavy knights and great swords, you still going to lose 1-2 or maybe 3 LMA units.
All this loses add and eventually the plunder will become A LOT less than the cost of troops. And when that happens I guess i will have to stop fighting and become a sim player like the majority. And what will happen next... probably become inactive like 1/4th of Ciregard and stop playing.

Thats my problem, not that the game staff implemented a new feature but because they didnt think it through. They created an unnnecesary imbalance.
Lets say one guy makes a defense of longbows, another of heavy cavalry, and a third one of imperial guardsmen. somehow I`ll defeat them all but in the process I`ll lose too many men and get the most a few hundred rank points. Id be rather silly to go on with fighting and not just turn to sim city playing.

Of course I will still fight and try to adapt to the change. But that doesnt mean Im supposed to keep quiet now afraid not to offend somebody.

DeletedUser

In fact there is alot of strategy involved in playing against AI, let me explain.

When i attack a neighbour with 4 crossbowmen and 4 catapults and i am facing 4 crossbowmen and 4 catapults, i always score more then 3000 points because i have learned myself a stratagy to win this battles with the least damage possible. I am positive, that not all players score 3000+ points when fighting the same units.
Now, when i succesfuly attack that particular neighbour he can see how i actualy do it, and i have learned him how to do the same thing.

I can not realy understand how you can say "there is only so much" strategy involved, there is alot of strategy involved.
If everyone used the "perfect" srtategy to attack AI units, this game whould only be about: who plays the most battles, and not who battles most efficiently.
Also, like i have read in Wallachian's post: we are not here for the shiny buildings because our cities (lets face it) look a bit crappy, we would be playing a different game.

If this feature is going to stay i think you will lose alot of devoted and dedicated players and all newbee's are happy.

Greetz

DeletedUser4089

I love the new replay function, and I don't think I can be counted as a noob. I have players that beat my defence and plunder me, I've seen the replays, I'm still not going to change my whole town set-up just to stop a couple of coins going missing every few days.

And if the 'noobs' do change their military to defend better, how many buildings will they build before they find something that works, not to mention how many different ratios of units to test. By the time they finish spending thousand of coins and supplies to find something that defends most effectively, you'll probably have newer, better units anyway.

Also, as this is supposed to be an idea submittal, you need to follow the correct template, you can find a link to it in my signature.
Threads that do not conform will be closed. I will give you some time to edit your post.

DeletedUser

In fact there is alot of strategy involved in playing against AI, let me explain.

When i attack a neighbour with 4 crossbowmen and 4 catapults and i am facing 4 crossbowmen and 4 catapults, i always score more then 3000 points because i have learned myself a stratagy to win this battles with the least damage possible. I am positive, that not all players score 3000+ points when fighting the same units.
Now, when i succesfuly attack that particular neighbour he can see how i actualy do it, and i have learned him how to do the same thing.

I can not realy understand how you can say "there is only so much" strategy involved, there is alot of strategy involved.
If everyone used the "perfect" srtategy to attack AI units, this game whould only be about: who plays the most battles, and not who battles most efficiently.
Also, like i have read in Wallachian's post: we are not here for the shiny buildings because our cities (lets face it) look a bit crappy, we would be playing a different game.

If this feature is going to stay i think you will lose alot of devoted and dedicated players and all newbee's are happy.

Greetz

When you attack you get priority;
Disregarding Crossbowmen for now, since they're out of range.
Use Catapult1 to hit Opposing Catapult #2 (coz #1 can't be avoided anyway)
Probably Opposing Catapult #1 puts a hit in.
Use Catapult2 to take out Catapult #2.
Now Catapult3 gets a turn, hit Opposing Catapult #4 (coz again, #3 can't be avoided)
Opposing Catapult #3 puts a hit in. If you're lucky it's on another target and all you sustain is some damage, if you're unlucky it aims the damaged target and you lose 1 unit.
Use Catapult4 to take out Opposing Catapult #4.

Now you have 4 Catapults (assuming the enemy took out a Crossbowman or just did damage) and your enemy has 2. Safe to say you can take those 2 out next turn, while moving out of the way of the enemy Crossbowmen.

Might be getting some damage in, but you can probably take the enemy Crossbowmen out with barely a loss.

With 0 Losses you get 3368 points.
So with some losses or just damage it's easy to get ~3000 points.

It's not strategy. It's common sense.

- L

DeletedUser3157

Then my experience is a bit different than yours. Attacking my neighbourhood is not a walk in the park all the time. I do get beaten :D I have quite a strong neighbourhood and I think I lost 3-4 fights in the last week.
However Im not complaining. Being defeated once in a while is the salt and pepper of the PvP system.
Problem is those defeats were costly. Not to mention that even if you win a fight with 8 longbows or cannons or a mixture of heavy knights and great swords, you still going to lose 1-2 or maybe 3 LMA units.
All this loses add and eventually the plunder will become A LOT less than the cost of troops. And when that happens I guess i will have to stop fighting and become a sim player like the majority. And what will happen next... probably become inactive like 1/4th of Ciregard and stop playing.

Thats my problem, not that the game staff implemented a new feature but because they didnt think it through. They created an unnnecesary imbalance.
Lets say one guy makes a defense of longbows, another of heavy cavalry, and a third one of imperial guardsmen. somehow I`ll defeat them all but in the process I`ll lose too many men and get the most a few hundred rank points. Id be rather silly to go on with fighting and not just turn to sim city playing.

Of course I will still fight and try to adapt to the change. But that doesnt mean Im supposed to keep quiet now afraid not to offend somebody.

Yes. But if your nabers are smart enough to adapt and start putting up defenses which would hurt you more, it would be fair to assume that so would the nabers of the people you compete with in rankings. It would get harder for everyone and that could perhaps help balance some of the currently more overpowered strategies. Calculate the percentage what PvP points right now make of your total rankings score. It wouldn't suprise me if that number were somewhere around 70-80%, by far the biggest factor. My point is that it should not be even needed to break all your nabers every day, whoever would be able to break the most, wins.

And yes my naberhood is not that great. It used to be best naberhood in server for gaining points last time it got merged, but now it is one of the worst. By now a lot of the more advanced players are my guildmates so I don't have too many fights against units from same age. And when growing up the previous ages archer was so OPed it was a walk in the park even against those who were more advanced than me back then. For about a month I even held a policy of plundering only people who had 2 spear defenses to force more total ranking pts out of my hood(actually I still do it, I just no longer keep it as offical policy). I would love to trade it for a super strong naberhood full of 80 top ranked players, yours sounds like a blast.

DeletedUser

I love the new replay function, and I don't think I can be counted as a noob. I have players that beat my defence and plunder me, I've seen the replays, I'm still not going to change my whole town set-up just to stop a couple of coins going missing every few days.

And if the 'noobs' do change their military to defend better, how many buildings will they build before they find something that works, not to mention how many different ratios of units to test. By the time they finish spending thousand of coins and supplies to find something that defends most effectively, you'll probably have newer, better units anyway.

Also, as this is supposed to be an idea submittal, you need to follow the correct template, you can find a link to it in my signature.
Threads that do not conform will be closed. I will give you some time to edit your post.

Not when the "noobs" greet you with longbows and cannons you dont. :D
If he sees you attacked him with lets say heavy knights, what stops him from putting up a defense of light melee like berserkers?
And then the attacker will fail once, and then fail again and third day he will delete his military buildings and start making suppliers and goods buildings instead for there will be no incentive to fight when the loses get too big.

Some have the wrong impression that attackers have it too easy. No we dont. We lose plenty of troops. We lose troops even when we win. And this new feature pushes the balance too much towards one side.

Yes. But if your nabers are smart enough to adapt and start putting up defenses which would hurt you more, it would be fair to assume that so would the nabers of the people you compete with in rankings. It would get harder for everyone and that could perhaps help balance some of the currently more overpowered strategies.

Yeah but I fight for fun not for rank points. Actually I fight for fun & for medals (which now that I need 2000 for an extension have made it rather pointless too). So I dont care how is in other neighbourhoods. It doesnt make me feel better that they got it as bad as I do...
So my problem is that if the defenders inflict too much damage and even win at times I wont be able to enjoy the PvP system. Thats all.

DeletedUser

Pendragon are you crazy? You have really messed up the game for active dudes. Now everybody will know not only my troops, that is not important but you make them teaching videos on how to dodge their armies, how to fight. The battle for the medals will be tough. After all I want my strategy to be PRIVATE. if they use your animation, if they use source code of your game, somebody use your forum for advertising would you be happy???

DeletedUser

I think this is a great addition to the game! HERE HERE for a great addition. As an active PvP player I think its great that people can study my tactics and vice versa. It adds another level of realism to the game that I need to adapt to! Did I mention a GREAT addition!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.